RELEASED: Public Build 34.27

EasyPickins

Version 34.24

• Fixed exceptions when the server's SpawnPoint setting was improperly formatted.
  • Added UseTCPForMapDownloads server setting.  This enables the old way clients received map data from the server.  It may help the server run better when many clients are connected.
  • Fixed plant diseases going over 100, and not being treatable if they were already 100 or greater.
  • Fixed exceptions adding items to corpses in multiplayer.
  • Starting the game in Compatiblity Mode forces 1x textures on.
  • Added a "Soft Reset" button to the Host screen to do -Dsoftreset to the server's world.
  • Adjusted fatigue to increase faster.  This was needed because sleeping was previously fixed to properly reduce fatigue all the way to zero.  Waking up at 7AM, the tired moodle should first appear near 11PM.
  • Fixed food spawning as frozen in freezers without power (Six Months Later for example).
  • Fixed poison from food not considering the amount of food that was eaten.
  • Some people were getting a black screen in game.  This was due to the Lighting.dll failing to load, which was caused by 1 of 2 things:
  1. The system was missing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime DLLs.  The game comes with the installer for those DLLs, but I'm guessing they only run the first time the game is installed.  So now the game itself will run those installers if the Lighting DLL couldn't be loaded.
  2. Some people's systems have bugged installations of the C++ Runtime 2012.  I rebuilt the Lighting DLL to use the newer C++ Runtime 2013 which didn't seem to have this problem.

Version 34.25

• Added PlayerRespawnWithSelf and PlayerRespawnWithOther server options to enable spawning where you died or at a splitscreen partner's location.
  • Co-op hosts may always run server admin commands, even when the host's account is not admin.
  • FIxed level-up sound being heard by other players in multiplayer.
  • Updated client and server to this version.

Version 34.26

• Keep the controller listbox (the one you see in-game when first activating the controller) above other windows.  Removed blank space below the last item in the list.
  • Fixed the game sometimes hanging in multiplayer after closing the window in-game.
  • When creating new server settings, all currently-active Workshop mods are added to the new settings.  This also happens when starting a co-op server when the settings don't exist yet.
  • When adding a map in the server-settings editor, that map's spawnpoints.lua file is automatically added to the spawn regions list.  Removing a map removes the spawnpoints.lua file from the spawn regions list.
  • Fixed button tooltips not showing up if they cover the button (when the button is near the bottom of the screen).
  • Co-op hosts connect to 127.0.0.1 for map downloads when UseTCPForMapDownloads=true.
  • Steam co-op hosts don't log in as admin anymore.  This should be okay, since co-op hosts can now run admin commands whether they are admin or not.
  • Fixed some garbage creation on the server with the new map-download code.
  • Fixed username and speech text position over other players heads lagging in multiplayer.
  • Removed the old PZServerSettings program.
  • Avoid a possible NullPointerException in SwipeStatePlayer.
  • Changed how player coordinates are reported in the server's PVP log (now uses x,y,z world coordinates).

Version 34.27

• Stop generalstore.other loot spawning in bin/clothingrack/filingcabinet/microwave.
  • Fixed light radius shrinking when lights were placed above ground floor.
  • Force the player awake after death if they will become a zombie.
  • Fixed clicking on containers from far away displaying their contents.
  • Fixed not being able to slice cooked Bread Dough.
  • Fixed SpawnItems going to the wrong player or no player after respawning in-game.
  • Fixed destroying floor at top of two adjacent staircases.
  • Fixed CanBeDoneFromFloor recipes not removing items in bags on the ground on the server.
  • Co-op hosts always see the admin buttons in the players list, even when not admin.
  • Fixed invisible players and their chat text sometimes being visible to non-admins.

Hi, I don't know if it's intentional or not but the dedicated server is now missing the "PZServerSettings" folder and it's contents. I can't relaunch my server or configure it because of this, and it was working fine before this update a couple of hours ago :c

9 minutes ago, JohnMadden said:

Hi, I don't know if it's intentional or not but the dedicated server is now missing the "PZServerSettings" folder and it's contents. I can't relaunch my server or configure it because of this, and it was working fine before this update a couple of hours ago :c

The server settings editor in the client should be used.  But PZServerSettings never launched the server before...

3 hours ago, hunger john said:

Generators don't seem to be working, could it be part a bug in the update, or something on my end? Read the required booklet, filled it with gas, connected it outside, flipped it on, etc. 

Is working on Redboid after this update.

4 hours ago, demagician said:

I don't know if this is a bug but when I move my rain collector box twice with furniture movement, the rain collector box just disappeared and left with a plank on the ground. 

That means that you broke your barrel.  Better carpentry skills reduce the chance of breaking furniture 

I switched to normal game mode from online test mode and my map worked and loaded fine but I could not get my friends on the server so I switched back to online test mode which was working fine and it deleted my entire map : (

15 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

The server settings editor in the client should be used.  But PZServerSettings never launched the server before...

What I meant is that I couldn't load nor create any servertest.ini files, so I couldn't configure settings, mods, etc. I found a workaround to it by creating a config file inside of the main game "host" option and then renaming it to servertest.ini

An update was released for Steam servers on the IWBUMS branch.  The update adds a new column to the whitelist in the database that shows the Steam ID of the owner the game, in case it is different than the Steam ID of the client that is connecting.  This should allow admins to deal with problem players that are abusing the account-sharing features of Steam.  To ban the owner of the game, the admin will need to add the owner's Steam ID to the bannedip table manually.  Banning a player the usual ways only bans the Steam ID of the client, not the owner.

This update is only for servers, clients do not need to be updated.

21 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

When I select people to be allowed to join my server they do not gain access. There is no pop up window inviting them anymore. Please help!

You click the "Invite" button and your friends don't get a notification in the Steam chat window?  Make sure you and your friends status is set to "Online", not Offline/Busy etc.

Just now, EasyPickins said:

You click the "Invite" button and your friends don't get a notification in the Steam chat window?  Make sure you and your friends status is set to "Online", not Offline/Busy etc.

what was once invite seems to be "allow"

New bug since 34.26 or 34.27:

Only one player in split-screen co-op can attach sheet ropes to windows.  To reproduce, enter game with player one.  confirm ability to attach sheet rope.  add player 2, now player 1 can no longer attach sheet ropes, however player 2 can.

• EasyPickins unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

we have some problems reagrding  Foraging in the additional maps. 

It is not possible to forage at the places where it has been possible before the update. Is that a known issue and can/will it be fixed? 

Thanks and Regards