Panic Effect

DanielPas

44 minutes ago, DanielPas said:

Hey i just wanted to ask how exacly Panic effect work? Becouse i was thinking about to give a try to a Veteran Class but he have at start -10 points. Is it worth it?

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Moodles

If you have any other questions, go to the official Wiki. If you won`t find what you need on the wiki, search it here. Hope I helped you!

I was thinking more about how much it decrease your accuracy etc.

So if its worth to take Vetaran who dont reach state of panic, but have -8 points at beggining (multiplayer of course mainly use to kill zombies, looting etc :D)

Edited by DanielPas

The impact of panic is felt most keenly with firearms, though hand to hand weapons will see a drop in accuracy as well. However if you're running around with a solid weapon your ability to knock zeds to the deck and stomp them generally feels more or less intact. 

If you're running multiplayer and you don't mind medding up the police officer is another good shooter class. It's superior to the veteran in every measurable way save for the immunity to panic. If future builds bring out some downside to med use, or require someone with training/knowledge to identify drugs and moderate their use, immunity to panic might override the ability to chomp a few beta blockers and eradicate panic. But, for the moment, it's something of a flavor/RP choice.

In this dude's opinion anyways.

38 minutes ago, critical jim said:

How long does it take for you become less susceptible to panic? Personally I've tried the veteran, and found it a bit tedious, honestly. Constantly getting bored unless a crawler jumps up at ya.

I'd say roughly around the 2 month mark, where you're able to focus on a zed group of 1-3 with just a slight panic - panic state, to which they'll disappear almost instantaneously if you look/move away.

However hordes will always make you panicked, no matter how long you've lived for.

Panic is horrible in MP if you PVP. You do lose accuracy, and you do stuff MUCH slower, like reloading or first aid and it can be tricky to beta block in tense PVP battles.

Edited by Clayman

8 minutes ago, Peetfighter said:

I've been playing with a Veteran character for a while and it has been very helpful with accurately shooting zombies. The only times I panicked was when a zombie corpse started crawling towards you but that was a very minor issue.

I bet even a hardened military veteran would do a double-take when there's a dead body trying to eat his feet