Door knocking

ld-airgrafix

I would love a "knock on door" feature which would only aggro any zombie found in that room, warning players about potential threat. Yesterday i walked into a small room, unfortunately it was filled with quiet zombies, and camera view was slightly off, i was bitten before i could react. I lost one of the longest living characters ever, a feature like this could be helpful, and in future if i walk into a room blindly, i could only blame my self and not cameras field of view.

A quieter way to "knock" in a sense is to use the space bar key to push into the door. It will make a knock sound but wont hurt the door or your weapon :)

Edit: I'll also often open doors and swing my weapon in the air for places like small bathrooms, as the swing seems to make enough noise to draw nearby zombies out.

Edited by Kuren

57 minutes ago, ld-airgrafix said:

I usually play with a very high number of zombies and yelling would be my doom.

Well I'm sorry, not everyone is amazing as you sir. Too good for us eh? Can't be yelling can you? Brains this, and brains that! The nerve!

14 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

And it would take something like half a day to do that XD

I had to break it down to save my life once. The horde was in our compound and the only way out was through a the "entrance building" (made out of a house that was already there) and the door inside was usually kept locked. All I had was the loot bag I was carrying and my kitchen knife (which I was obviously not going to break down the door with). Perhaps my strength had something to do with how I broke it down but it took me about a minute and 30 seconds (granted that over the course of the first week that door had probably taken a few 'knocks' already)

Two people died from the horde though. Damn helicopters.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I had to break it down to save my life once. The horde was in our compound and the only way out was through a the "entrance building" (made out of a house that was already there) and the door inside was usually kept locked. All I had was the loot bag I was carrying and my kitchen knife (which I was obviously not going to break down the door with). Perhaps my strength had something to do with how I broke it down but it took me about a minute and 30 seconds (granted that over the course of the first week that door had probably taken a few 'knocks' already)

Two people died from the horde though. Damn helicopters.

That's a hell of a ruckus, I kinda envy it.

Generally I need a minute to break down doors even with a weapon (no positive nor negative strength trait), so I bet it was already half broken, but still, cool story :D

I thought zombies didn't 'spawn' until a room was seen? In other words there aren't any zombies in the room until you open the door.

At least I know this used to be the case. It was most evident at the mall. Zombies wouldn't come out of stores when you yelled or made noise because they weren't 'spawned' in yet. Spawn might not be the right word, drawn into the game?

I used to always hit doors once to get zombies to bang on the door letting me know they were in there, but stopped after I realized it didn't work.

Has this changed?

• 3 weeks later...