IWBUMS 34.26

EasyPickins

This is to test bug-fixes before we can get the GOG build out.

• Fixed exceptions when the server's SpawnPoint setting was improperly formatted.
  • Added UseTCPForMapDownloads server setting.  This enables the old way clients received map data from the server.  It may help the server run better when many clients are connected.
  • Fixed plant diseases going over 100, and not being treatable if they were already 100 or greater.
  • Fixed exceptions adding items to corpses in multiplayer.
  • Starting the game in Compatiblity Mode forces 1x textures on.
  • Added a "Soft Reset" button to the Host screen to do -Dsoftreset to the server's world.
  • Adjusted fatigue to increase faster.  This was needed because sleeping was previously fixed to properly reduce fatigue all the way to zero.  Waking up at 7AM, the tired moodle should first appear near 11PM.
  • Fixed food spawning as frozen in freezers without power (Six Months Later for example).
  • Fixed poison from food not considering the amount of food that was eaten.
  • Some people were getting a black screen in game.  This was due to the Lighting.dll failing to load, which was caused by 1 of 2 things:
  1. The system was missing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime DLLs.  The game comes with the installer for those DLLs, but I'm guessing they only run the first time the game is installed.  So now the game itself will run those installers if the Lighting DLL couldn't be loaded.
  2. Some people's systems have bugged installations of the C++ Runtime 2012.  I rebuilt the Lighting DLL to use the newer C++ Runtime 2013 which didn't seem to have this problem.

UPDATE: IWBUMS 34.25

• Added PlayerRespawnWithSelf and PlayerRespawnWithOther server options to enable spawning where you died or at a splitscreen partner's location.
  • Co-op hosts may always run server admin commands, even when the host's account is not admin.
  • FIxed level-up sound being heard by other players in multiplayer.
  • Updated client and server to this version.

UPDATE: IWBUMS 34.26

• Keep the controller listbox (the one you see in-game when first activating the controller) above other windows.  Removed blank space below the last item in the list.
  • Fixed the game sometimes hanging in multiplayer after closing the window in-game.
  • When creating new server settings, all currently-active Workshop mods are added to the new settings.  This also happens when starting a co-op server when the settings don't exist yet.
  • When adding a map in the server-settings editor, that map's spawnpoints.lua file is automatically added to the spawn regions list.  Removing a map removes the spawnpoints.lua file from the spawn regions list.
  • Fixed button tooltips not showing up if they cover the button (when the button is near the bottom of the screen).
  • Co-op hosts connect to 127.0.0.1 for map downloads when UseTCPForMapDownloads=true.
  • Steam co-op hosts don't log in as admin anymore.  This should be okay, since co-op hosts can now run admin commands whether they are admin or not.
  • Fixed some garbage creation on the server with the new map-download code.
  • Fixed username and speech text position over other players heads lagging in multiplayer.
  • Removed the old PZServerSettings program.
  • Avoid a possible NullPointerException in SwipeStatePlayer.
  • Changed how player coordinates are reported in the server's PVP log (now uses x,y,z world coordinates).

I don't know how much you care about nutrition for a build that has it disabled by default but remoulade, cheese sandwiches and peanut butter sandwiches all still have no nutrition values. The two sandwiches are not player made but found in bake shops that also spawn waffles, pancakes & cake/pie slices.

Greetings! Sorry for offtop, but I would like to ask you about this recent update. I've been playing this game since January on a German server Dead Before Dawn. 3 days ago the server version have been updated, and I could play this game. Unfortunately, when I tried to enter the game, I got "you have been kicked because your game files do not match the server version".

The server requires German translation mode. I've never installed any mods exept this one.

I tried to reinstall the game, to check the integrity of the game files. I got nothing.
Console says that trapping system file has been failed to load.
Could you tell me please, if there is a way to fix this?

I currently am having the same problem as Czech. I use a hosted server through GameServers and the most recent update gives all players on the server the "you have been kicked because your game files do not match the server version" notification. There are no mods installed on this server and everything has been done to update it correctly through their site.

4 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

The dedicated server hasn't been updated to build 34.24, it's still on the public build 34.23.  I'm not sure how you're joining the server with a different version number.

Hm, kinda strange because my IWBUMS server already got the 34.24 update.  Many servers seem to have it, according to http://pz.archspace.org/#!

My players and me are getting the same error, mismatching files although server and clients state to have 34.24

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

UPDATE: IWBUMS 34.25

• Added PlayerRespawnWithSelf and PlayerRespawnWithOther server options to enable spawning where you died or at a splitscreen partner's location.
  • Co-op hosts may always run server admin commands, even when the host's account is not admin.
  • FIxed level-up sound being heard by other players in multiplayer.
  • Updated client and server to this version.

Gotten 2 crashes so far tonight at this same line of code while playing split screen co-op:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at zombie.ai.states.SwipeStatePlayer.ConnectSwing(SwipeStatePlayer.java:945)
        at zombie.ai.states.SwipeStatePlayer.execute(SwipeStatePlayer.java:349)
        at zombie.ai.StateMachine.update(StateMachine.java:130)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:9679)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2642)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1353)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:4659)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2534)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1273)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:630)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1233)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1015)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:176)

5 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Updated the first post with details about the new 34.26 version.

I hate you so much. Now I have to translate it, right when I was done with my evening slice of radio/TV translation :P

Thanks for the quick fix for NullPointerException @ SwipeStatePlayer.ConnectSwing

Had it again just now and came back here to see it was already fixed.  There goes my motivation for learning how to use Javassist!

Edited by xenoglyph

1 hour ago, xenoglyph said:

Thanks for the quick fix for NullPointerException @ SwipeStatePlayer.ConnectSwing

Had it again just now and came back here to see it was already fixed.  There goes my motivation for learning how to use Javassist!

Did you see this attacking zombies or your co-op partner?  Were you on stairs when it happened?  The error is caused by the thing you're attacking not having a "current square" which is weird.

On 5/17/2016 at 7:03 AM, Jean Wellington said:

The "tend to kate's broken legs" mission will continue? It can be"tend to Bob's broken legs" if the player is female.

I love this game since the first version.

Forgive me for my English and forgive me if I violated any rule, it's my first time here.

zomboid_03.jpg

That will eventually return, yes, but it's going to be a while yet. The plotline was removed for the rebuild of the NPC AI currently underway.

And that's all folks! Closing this thread. All replies about current build should go here: