Three Ideas

Xeonyx

The first idea wakes me up every morning at 5:00 (because I sleep outside in a tent, I like it) and that is birds chirping up a storm when the sun starts over the mountains;  I feel this would cause zombies to travel in random directions seeking out the source of the birds, and in turn, making for a bad morning when a bunch of zombies are banging on your windows.

The second idea is to add an oven alarm that can be set to go off when the meal in question is cooked.  In this instance: I put an uncooked hamburger in the oven and turn it on, lastly right click on the oven an hit a button that says, "Set Alarm" or something.  Then when the meal is cooked, a ringer, or beeper, or whatever alarm the type of oven has, goes off alerting the player that the food is ready, but in turn letting a small area around your house hear the alarm alerting zombies, or other players. 

The risk of this is compromising your location, but the reward is allowing the player to work on things as the food is cooked without burning the food, or your house burning down.

The third idea is to have more than sheets as window coverings, such as garbage bags, tarps, sheets of paper and tape, duct tape over the whole window, maybe even painting the window.  Each would have different characteristics such as sheets bleeding light through them, garbage bags and tarps making noise when passed through, duct tape would take longer to cover the window, but would break slower.  I think this would add more depth to the atmosphere, and add more of a sense of desperation and planning.

Thoughts? or am I overthinking things again...

14 hours ago, Xeonyx said:

The first idea wakes me up every morning at 5:00 (because I sleep outside in a tent, I like it) and that is birds chirping up a storm when the sun starts over the mountains.

Just when I thought I couldn't love you any more Xeonyx. Do you seriously sleep in a tent? That's so cool :D

(Is it on the New Denver map?!)

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Just when I thought I couldn't love you any more Xeonyx. Do you seriously sleep in a tent? That's so cool :D

(Is it on the New Denver map?!)

Totally camping in New Denver in my back yard!  It would be a solid streak since February but it snowed one night in March and snapped the main fiberglass pole leaving me half crushed under snow.  Some metal pipe and a couple hose clamps later and she's holdin' true again :D

Heh, for gits and shigs I'll add a tent to my back yard on the map; all for the lolz!

Hey, kids. See this ideea? Now that should be the future of this game. I would love seeing the light bleeding inside my house in different colors ( because let`s be honest: not all sheets are white), and the ideea of chirping birds attracting Z-s is also something that should be implemented soon, mostly because we all know that they don`t care if the meat they consume is human or animal, as they`re attracted to caged animals too! And since they`re st00pid enough to forget after a 3 meter chase what they chasing... I guess it is pretty obvious that It`s gonna change the way they migrate... somehow.