RELEASED: Public Build 34.23

EasyPickins

55 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

GoG updates have to pass through several hands before being uploaded, assuming the process has already been started.

Waiting to make sure there's no major bugs before dropping on GOG, iirc

Hey guys! I can't download build 34 for some reason. I can't find anyway to download it. I don't see anything when i google search or anything on steam. I even have my steam set to have it download any new updates. Please and thank you for any help guys!

2 minutes ago, RemyLacroix said:

Hey guys! I can't download build 34 for some reason. I can't find anyway to download it. I don't see anything when i google search or anything on steam. I even have my steam set to have it download any new updates. Please and thank you for any help guys!

Exit Steam completely and restart it.

On 5/9/2016 at 3:19 PM, EasyPickins said:
  • Ham icon looks far less like a penis.

This is, by far, the strangest(and funniest) update to anything ever. 

But I know the Penis-Ham fans are going to be sad. 

Edited by Sick Boy

Am I missing something? I know that sleeping in multiplayer can be an issue, but I generally only play solo. I love this game. With my first run of the latest build, I noticed that my survivor never gets tired. I like to sleep, it helps me wake up in the morning and feel rejuvenated. Besides, it gives me something to do in the middle of the night that doesn't add to my boredom.

I looked for something in the options that maybe I needed to change, but nothing is there. I don't see any reason sleep should be turned off for solo play. Am I missing something?

Thank you guys for a great new build. I especially like the new textures and the pasta.

If I turn off the 2x textures, the game won't even load for me, so I have to stick with it.  I believe I was never able to use the zoom features before this particular update, but it didn't matter since the view was acceptable and I could see far enough away to casually move around. If I have to adapt playing this game zoomed up, then I'll do so, but I truly believe this is a graphical glitch. I remember putting my console txt as a download in my last message, but do I need to paste it in a easier to read format or something?

2 minutes ago, SereneAngel218 said:

If I turn off the 2x textures, the game won't even load for me, so I have to stick with it.  I believe I was never able to use the zoom features before this particular update, but it didn't matter since the view was acceptable and I could see far enough away to casually move around. If I have to adapt playing this game zoomed up, then I'll do so, but I truly believe this is a graphical glitch. I remember putting my console txt as a download in my last message, but do I need to paste it in a easier to read format or something?

You have to restart the application fully after turning 2x textures off.

I think I was able to solve my problem...I went over the posts describing the option choices I had to fiddle with and I decided to turn off both zoom and the 2x graphics. Lo and behold, my old save went back to normal, with the graphics slightly upgrades.  I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I would still like to give thanks for the help given to me. Really appreciate it:-D

On another note, is it normal to find food in a stove that is freshly cooked...in a house that you looted and left two or three weeks ago? Should I just play it off like normal or should I burn the house down and kill myself since I ate said cooked food (salmon) and now I might be cursed (my character, I mean)?:shock:

Edited by SereneAngel218

On 5/10/2016 at 7:15 PM, AWarGuy said:

Just two question in regards to Easy Co-op:

If I setup a whitelist, will it allow people to have multiple characters?

&

Is there anyway for me to play on the server other than my admin account? Or would I have to like buy PZ on a new steam account, setup a PC to host it and then play on my other PC?

Bump!

In addition how do I perform a soft wipe/changes to the world once started?

1 hour ago, AWarGuy said:

If I setup a whitelist, will it allow people to have multiple characters?

Is there anyway for me to play on the server other than my admin account? Or would I have to like buy PZ on a new steam account, setup a PC to host it and then play on my other PC?

In addition how do I perform a soft wipe/changes to the world once started?

Steam co-op servers allow one account only.   We wanted to keep things as simple as possible, no usernames or passwords required.

-nosteam co-op servers allow multiple accounts for people joining, but not the host (which seems odd, maybe that should change).

You can /removeadmin yourself as host if you don't want admin powers.  On a Steam co-op server, you'll become admin each time you start the server.

To perform a soft reset you would need to start the server 'the old-fashioned way' with the -Dsoftreset option using ProjectZomboidServer.bat (on Windows).

Just now, EasyPickins said:

Steam co-op servers allow one account only.   We wanted to keep things as simple as possible, no usernames or passwords required.

-nosteam co-op servers allow multiple accounts for people joining, but not the host (which seems odd, maybe that should change).

You can /removeadmin yourself as host if you don't want admin powers.  On a Steam co-op server, you'll become admin each time you start the server.

To perform a soft reset you would need to start the server with the -softreset option using ProjectZomboidServer.bat (on Windows) and adding "-servername YourServerName -softreset" after "zombie.network.GameServer". I could add a button to the Host screen to do this.

That would be pretty awesome and highly appreciated, anything that makes life a whole bunch easier for new guys like me hosting co-op servers is needed. The more UI focused accessibility, the better.

On 12/05/2016 at 1:53 AM, AWarGuy said:

That would be pretty awesome and highly appreciated, anything that makes life a whole bunch easier for new guys like me hosting co-op servers is needed. The more UI focused accessibility, the better.

EP put that into the IWBUMS testing branch, so it'll hit stable once it's, well, tested :)

Looks like the bug causing furniture to get a lower capacity after being moved is still in game, at least for vending machines: A couple of vending machines I transported to my safe house each ended up with a capacity of 20 after being moved.

Edited by ReverendNow

6 minutes ago, ReverendNow said:

Looks like the bug causing furniture to get a lower capacity after being moved is still in game, at least for vending machines: A couple of vending machines I transported to my safe house each ended up with a capacity of 20 after being moved.

Is this in a new game or one created prior to the build's release? Just in case it's intentional, but applied retroactively on pickup. :)

My current game was created prior to this patch, at least.  Not sure off hand if it predated the first patch whose notes mentioned this bug being fixed, however.

(edit: oh and just to confirm: my game does state that it's running version 34.23 (Steam))

Edited by ReverendNow

Okay, looks like this is still affecting all furniture (at least, in the parts of the map I've already traveled through), so I'm guessing it's a result of this specific game having been created prior to the relevant patch.  Will be interesting to see if this also affects furniture in the parts of the map I haven't been to yet.

So I went to play this build for the first time and I noticed every single door/window that I came accross is unlocked, also haven't run into any alarm systems either. Was that disabled or did the save get messed up or something?