RELEASED: Public Build 34.23

EasyPickins

4 minutes ago, SereneAngel218 said:

It's nice to see that the stable build has an update, but now I can't even open the game thanks to this new  tiles 2x textures and the fact that my laptop is crappy (still waiting for an upgrade model, but I was able to play this game before the new update). Is there any way for me to go back to the old textures and experience the rest of the new update since I didn't really care for any visual changes to the game but just wanted to see more content added?

Start the game in Compatibility Mode.  You can change "Texture compression" = Yes in the options.  If that doesn't work, set "Double-sized textures" = No in the options.

12 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Start the game in Compatibility Mode.  You can change "Texture compression" = Yes in the options.  If that doesn't work, set "Double-sized textures" = No in the options.

Yeah, I kinda figured it out just a few minutes of making the post, but thanks for the help all the same. I was able to check it out and while the graphics does look nice, everything was too zoomed in and I was trying to find a way to zoom it back out with no avail. Even messing with options didn't seem to do it, so hopefully me turning off the updates graphics will make it go back to normal. 

Just now, SereneAngel218 said:

Yeah, I kinda figured it out just a few minutes of making the post, but thanks for the help all the same. I was able to check it out and while the graphics does look nice, everything was too zoomed in and I was trying to find a way to zoom it back out with no avail. Even messing with options didn't seem to do it, so hopefully me turning off the updates graphics will make it go back to normal. 

Zoom is disabled in Compatibility Mode.

im really wondering about this nutrition stuff like if u dont eat any meat & only eat plant type stuff can u get ill & maybe die even if un-treated?

can a doctor/nurse job or high first aid person tell what is wrong with ppl if this is the case

also kinda feel doctor should get a extra trait for better id'ing/treating stuff that gives them a thump up over just other ppl getting high first aid

anyways cant wait to play this!!!

Ok, it seems I have another problem then. I was able to get the game running in Compatibility Mode even with it being all zoomed in like crazy. I make the adjustments needed and closed the game. I opened it again and when I try to either load or continue my game, I just have a black screen when you normally see the usual words scroll by before the game starts. I could still hear music playing but nothing else. It looks like the only way I can play is in compatibility mode and I can't adjust the zoom.  I guess I'll have to take a break from this game until the issue is somehow fixed and I'm not really happy with it since I was making good progress on my character before the update kicked in and I now have these problems.

32 minutes ago, SereneAngel218 said:

Ok, it seems I have another problem then. I was able to get the game running in Compatibility Mode even with it being all zoomed in like crazy. I make the adjustments needed and closed the game. I opened it again and when I try to either load or continue my game, I just have a black screen when you normally see the usual words scroll by before the game starts. I could still hear music playing but nothing else. It looks like the only way I can play is in compatibility mode and I can't adjust the zoom.  I guess I'll have to take a break from this game until the issue is somehow fixed and I'm not really happy with it since I was making good progress on my character before the update kicked in and I now have these problems.

The settings that are most likely to work are these:

Multi-core = No

Zoom = No

Texture compression = Yes

3D Models = None

Shaders = No

If Zoom = Yes, setting ' Double-sized textures' = No may work better on some systems.

So just a question. Does anyone else playing (in my case multiplayer) think the zombies are lagging a bit?

I mean I was in good latency but I attacked a zombie (several different zombies/times) and its like there is a delay for them being attacked and getting hit and doing whatever they do after die/fall/knockback. I was at good latency for most (almost all since I run if I am over a set latency and theres more than a zombie or two) of the zombie kills but it just acted weird each time to me.

In the end I had hit a zombie it showed the blood animation and made the death sound and it then did the attack animation bit me and then fell over dead. Green latency below or at 75 during this one. Then I went to kill several others and noticed it happening where I would get slightly damaged and stuff even when they were supposed to be dead.

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

The settings that are most likely to work are these:

Multi-core = No

Zoom = No

Texture compression = Yes

3D Models = None

Shaders = No

If Zoom = Yes, setting ' Double-sized textures' = No may work better on some systems.

Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work and the only thing I could do was say farewell to my saves and start a brand new game. Ah well, at least now I can enjoy the updated graphics at at proper distance view like before,though it's going to be hell retaking the hotel again in Bedford Falls (at least 150 zombies crammed in there even with low population settings...*sigh*)

Edited by SereneAngel218

1 minute ago, SereneAngel218 said:

Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't work and the only thing I could do was say farewell to my saves and start a brand new game. Ah well, at least now I can enjoy the updated graphics at at proper distance view like before,though it's going to be hell retaking the hotel again in Bedford Falls (at least 150 zombies crammed in there even with low population settings...*sigh*)

Wait, what?  Starting a new game gets rid of the black screen after loading an old savefile?  Perhaps there's a bug loading your old savefile that causes the problem.  Can you post your Zomboid\console.txt file after trying to load an old savefile?

Penis update should have had its own Build number ;)

On a more serious note; this version does not like to be alt-tabbed out for me at all. Which as a server admin is really annoying. I often get a graphical glitch when pressing alt-tab and can't tab back in. Might any of the new settings help prevent this?

Just two question in regards to Easy Co-op:

If I setup a whitelist, will it allow people to have multiple characters?

&

Is there anyway for me to play on the server other than my admin account? Or would I have to like buy PZ on a new steam account, setup a PC to host it and then play on my other PC?

8 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Wait, what?  Starting a new game gets rid of the black screen after loading an old savefile?  Perhaps there's a bug loading your old savefile that causes the problem.  Can you post your Zomboid\console.txt file after trying to load an old savefile?

I think it was because I opened the game in compatibility mode in order to even get into the game and it stuck after I made the changes you suggested and reopened it from my desktop icon. How would I go about finding that file you need?

Edit: Ok, I went into my new game and guess what, it was zoomed in as if I was in compatibility mode instead of me opening the desktop icon like I normally do. I'll track down this file, but I have to say I'm not happy one bit with these turns in events. It would have been better to make the graphical changes optional and having to be selected rather than making it default like the Nutrition idea (something else I had no interest in) where you have to select it in sandbox mode.  Is there a way for me to go back to build 32.20/33.20 (whichever came before this one) since obviously my POS laptop cannot handle this update since I can't seem to get the zoom function to work despite messing with the options for it?

console.txt

Edited by SereneAngel218
Adding more info

1 hour ago, SereneAngel218 said:

I think it was because I opened the game in compatibility mode in order to even get into the game and it stuck after I made the changes you suggested and reopened it from my desktop icon. How would I go about finding that file you need?

Edit: Ok, I went into my new game and guess what, it was zoomed in as if I was in compatibility mode instead of me opening the desktop icon like I normally do. I'll track down this file, but I have to say I'm not happy one bit with these turns in events. It would have been better to make the graphical changes optional and having to be selected rather than making it default like the Nutrition idea (something else I had no interest in) where you have to select it in sandbox mode.  Is there a way for me to go back to build 32.20/33.20 (whichever came before this one) since obviously my POS laptop cannot handle this update since I can't seem to get the zoom function to work despite messing with the options for it?

console.txt

The graphics changes are optional: Disable 2x textures in Options. If this fails to resolve the issue, please take a screenshot and upload it to imgur.

Unfortunately, due to the antiquated nature  of graphics cards that do not support zoom (did your system ever support it?), there might not be much that can be done otherwise, but we'll see as the problem becomes more apparent.

1 minute ago, Der_Kaptein said:

do custom maps work on this build as of now?

Yes, they work fine.