RELEASED: Public Build 34.23

EasyPickins

Public 34.23 released!

There were many fixes and tweaks, here are the highlights:

• All-new double-sized textures.
  • Easy Co-op server hosting from in the game.
  • Double-sized Tilesets option for low-spec machines.
  • There's a new server-settings editor in-game.
  • Barricades are allowed on both sides of a door/window.  For doors, barricades absorb all damage before the door takes any, to stop the door being destroyed before the barricades.  For windows, a barricade absorbs damage only when it is between the attacker and the window.  When removing a barricade, one plank at a time is removed.
  • Allow rain barrels to be moved.
  • Added SleepAllowed and SleepNeeded server options for multiplayer sleeping.  Players may sleep at any time.  When all players are asleep, the server clock speeds up.  Players sleep until they wake themselves by aiming or moving.  Players may wake other players.  Zombie attacks also wake players.
  • Fireplaces work like campfires.
  • Wood stoves now work like campfires.  They emit light, warm/dry the player, can be used for cooking, and don't require electricity.
  • See-through doors. Hang sheets on see-through doors.
  • Fixed walls and solid objects on the floor below blocking movement going up stairs.
  • Staircases may now be placed above another staircase.
  • Crates can now be moved with the furniture-moving commands.  When building new crates, the height is chosen automatically (no need to use the R key).  Currently, this allows stacking crates on top of tables as well, although that might change.  Destroying crates lower in a stack should cause the higher crates to drop down.
  • Allow digging farm plots with a shovel.

• The "levelup" sound only plays when a point may be spent. It plays in these 2 cases:

1) The player gained a point while already having enough XP for a new perk level.

2) The player gained enough XP for a new perk level, and already had a point to spend.

• Added "Zoom Levels" checkboxes to the options so users can choose zoom levels.

• Added "Pour into" submenu so you can choose what to transfer water into.

• "Fill" is now a submenu of items that water can be transferred into instead of having separate menu items (when taking water from a sink, for example).

• Smoke bomb changes:

- No longer start fires in multiplayer.

- Now work when fire is disabled in multiplayer.

- No longer emit light.

- Don't burn corpses.

- Use a larger smoke sprite when first triggered.

• Memory-leak fixes in multiplayer.

• Bags now displayed on ground.

• New community translations.

• Ham icon looks far less like a penis.

1 minute ago, Peetfighter said:

I don't see Creative Mode in this list, I thought it would be in build 34.

It's not finished. It not being in 34 doesn't mean it's coming later. It's just coming in a build with a different number :)

4 minutes ago, nasKo said:

It's not finished. It not being in 34 doesn't mean it's coming later. It's just coming in a build with a different number :)

Fair enough but there was no mention whatsoever in that news post, sucks being the only one who wants it so much. >_>

4 minutes ago, RK_Achilles said:

Do I need to do anything to enable the 2x textures?  Neither my solo game or my private server seem to have them.

If it says "Loading Tiles2x texturepack" when you first start the game, you have them.  They're on by default.  Check the 'Double-sized textures' option.

26 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Changelog of the last update ?

Yes, EP, could it be possible to have the 34.22 --> 34.23 changelog? I already translated every single build 34 changelog, so having the last one would be great! If you can't, nevermind ;)

1 minute ago, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

There were lots of "???" tiles in custom maps in the IWBUMS branch, how do custom maps look in this build? Did anyone try it out already?

Didn't try customs maps but i've heard ? with no texture found would have been deleted;

Edited by NagashUD

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Public 34.23 released!

There were many fixes and tweaks, here are the highlights:

• Barricades are allowed on both sides of a door/window.  For doors, barricades absorb all damage before the door takes any, to stop the door being destroyed before the barricades.  For windows, a barricade absorbs damage only when it is between the attacker and the window.  When removing a barricade, one plank at a time is removed.
  • Wood stoves now work like campfires.  They emit light, warm/dry the player, can be used for cooking, and don't require electricity.

Question: So I can basically reinforce doors from the inside now, if I'm reading this right?

Comment: AWESOME!

3 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Exciting! Thank you guys for all your hard work. One question, though: is the ability to pick up flowers still disabled? I really would like to be able to decorate my gardens with wildflowers around the city. Maybe there could be a way to plant wildflowers (via flower seed packets, similar to vegetable seeds) :) 

Edited by Milk_andCookies

1 hour ago, fragyou3 said:

So i got a question, how do i update my server and not lose all of my progress?

Start your server as you always do, it should work.  If you're worried, back up the server's save folder first (and maybe your player folder too).

It's nice to see that the stable build has an update, but now I can't even open the game thanks to this new  tiles 2x textures and the fact that my laptop is crappy (still waiting for an upgrade model, but I was able to play this game before the new update). Is there any way for me to go back to the old textures and experience the rest of the new update since I didn't really care for any visual changes to the game but just wanted to see more content added?