I soooo wan't to play multiplayer... Help ?

Archaos

Hey all,

Thanks for reading.

I want to play with some friends but can't have em join my server. I think all I did to set my server is correct.

All players have Hydrocraft mod installed in the right folder.

We all play on the same version of the game with -nosteam.

I port forwarded 16261 UDP

16262 to 16272 TCP

Using my fix IP adress

I created a server which I can join.

My buddies however can't join.

They use my external IP  to join the server but  ::: Failed to connect to server. 

Don't know what to do and this really sucks. Can anyone help me ?

39 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Ok but now how can my friend join the server I just hosted ?

I haven't joined any servers yet since I do the hosting for my friends and I, but I know that you can invite your friends once you have the server launched through 'Host' on the main menu.

Once in game, with the server launched, hit 'Esc' and the tab 'Invite Friends' in the lower right.

I am sure there is a way simple way for your friends to join without an invite too. I sadly just haven't learned it yet. The 'Join' tab still seems like you need to have IP addresses. Have you tried that yet? Having your friends enter your IP and join after you have launched a server through 'Host'? Port-Forwarding, etc shouldn't be required.

I finally got to make the server work. Sadly, it seems my friend can't play while im not in the game/server. Is there a way to keep the server open so he can join and play when im not there?