Too Long to Warm Up

CaptKaspar

I think it currently takes too long for your character to warm up when they are near a heat source.

If your character is cold, it takes a long time in game for them to warm up when standing next to a fire. 10-20 minutes of game time is all that it should really take IMO.

IMO if you approach a heat source you should almost immediately have your 'coldness' reduced, and be completely gone in less than 30 minutes. As it is right now it can take hours of being next to a fire for your 'coldness' to warm away.

On 5/7/2016 at 5:23 PM, CaptKaspar said:

I think it currently takes too long for your character to warm up when they are near a heat source.

If your character is cold, it takes a long time in game for them to warm up when standing next to a fire. 10-20 minutes of game time is all that it should really take IMO.

IMO if you approach a heat source you should almost immediately have your 'coldness' reduced, and be completely gone in less than 30 minutes. As it is right now it can take hours of being next to a fire for your 'coldness' to warm away.

This is true, you should heat up pretty quick unless you're really really cold. I would like to see preventative measures brought into the game though as well. Blankets, heaters (disassemble-able/working when electricity is on), and layers of clothing so that you don't reach that point as well.

I think the degree at which you are cold should be a factor. If it was a sunny, calm, sixty degrees Fahrenheit, should be easy to get, or stay warm.  If you're edging into frostbite territory, in a stormy 20 degree before factoring windchill situation... well... not so much. 

In agreement with Kat on preventative measures.

We need harder Kentucky winters... blizzards and high winds, and all that "I'm literally buried in my own house" fun. [For anyone who has never experienced this? Not actually fun. Would be even less fun with the living dead slowly clawing their way towards your location.]

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2016 at 3:28 PM, Asrayl said:

We need harder Kentucky winters... blizzards and high winds, and all that "I'm literally buried in my own house" fun. [For anyone who has never experienced this? Not actually fun. Would be even less fun with the living dead slowly clawing their way towards your location.]

(1), That would make the snow into a minefield, as the dead would be digging through the many feet of snow.

(2),I think that you'd need sleds for traveling over the snow (zombies below could hear you, and dig their way up).

(3), I also think that in below zero temps though, the would freeze into non-moving chunks of ice, that would thaw out (there would be an exception, see [4] below)

(4), I saw this in another post, and thought it would be so cool. There should be a zombie-weather reactions setting in sandbox.

(a), Zombies should be able to become faster in snow (scary horror element)

(b), Zombies should be able to hate rain, and try at all costs to head indoors (currently a mod [fear the rain])

(c), Zombies should be able to be night time only (pretty much the den up in buildings, forests, or other dark places while it's day time and sleep [very hard to find and distinguish from dead bodies])

(d), Zombies should be able to be day time only (question is, what scares them enough to keep them out of the dark?:shock:)

(e), probably other ideas I haven't posted.

(5), You'd need sunglasses to not get blinded by the glare of the snow

(6) if there's anything I missed, let me know, same with problems I didn't notice in my post.

Edited by TheWraithPlayer
I accidentally posted only half finished