Memorize players in multiplayer when DisplayUserName = false

Wasteland

I got this idea since I started my RP server about 2 years ago now. I always hated these names above character head because everyone knows whom he is playing with and it also ruins the atmosphere of a stranger if u are meeting someone.

DisplayUserName = true //False is a nice option but it creates a mess in a chat so you can't really understand who is saying what if u miss the message above head.

So it would be really awesome to make an potion that creates a menu if u right click on someone’s character and subscribe his name like:

"Seen in mall"

"Stranger" 

or if one told you his name you can just write "George" or whatever

That might add some atmosphere and change the game experience

I can't remember the specific server, but there was a MP server that had an admin/modder that had the ability for you to name other players as you met them. I can't remember the server, or if it is still out there, but I do believe that it has been done.

8 hours ago, dko112 said:

I got this idea since I started my RP server about 2 years ago now. I always hated these names above character head because everyone knows whom he is playing with and it also ruins the atmosphere of a stranger if u are meeting someone.

DisplayUserName = true //False is a nice option but it creates a mess in a chat so you can't really understand who is saying what if u miss the message above head.

So it would be really awesome to make an potion that creates a menu if u right click on someone’s character and subscribe his name like:

"Seen in mall"

"Stranger" 

or if one told you his name you can just write "George" or whatever

That might add some atmosphere and change the game experience

This is  a nice idea for sneaking because the names above the characters is easily seen by other characers

• 2 weeks later...