IWBUMS 34.21

EasyPickins

IWBUMS 34.21 (Thought it was Friday Edition)

• Fixed the launched server's name sometimes being different than the one displayed in the Host screen.
  • Updated community translation files.  The encoding of Simplified Chinese files is now UTF-8.
  • Fixed random-building code running before a chunk was fully loaded, which sometimes caused sprite issues with erosion.
  • Fixed frozen food not aging at all; it was supposed to age 1/50 the rate of unrefrigerated food.
  • Fixed Watermelon DaysFresh being greater than DaysTotallyRotten.
  • Fixed possible exception and infinite loop when burning barricaded objects.
  • Smoke bomb changes:

- No longer start fires in multiplayer.

- Now work when fire is disabled in multiplayer.

- No longer emit light.

- Don't burn corpses.

- Use a larger smoke sprite when first triggered.

• Nutrition is disabled everywhere by default until more refinements are done.  It can be turned on in new Sandbox games.
  • Fixed recipes sometimes producing rotten food as soon as the first ingredient was added.
  • Updated the screen shader to greatly reduce texture sparkles at the highest zoom levels.  Let me know if this causes problems.
  • Fixed the screen position of the equipped secondary icon.
  • Fixed icon size in the radio/tv panel.
  • "Fill" is now a submenu of items that water can be transferred into instead of having separate menu items (when taking water from a sink, for example).

2 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Nutrition is disabled everywhere by default until more refinements are done.  It can be turned on in new Sandbox games.

Does this mean more tweaking the stats, or something else? Maybe diabetes from all the soda and cupcakes? Than you could saw your foot off, when it has gone bad.

I know ppl. starved when nut.-system was introduced, and thought that was dealt with. My characters only survive for about two weeks, so i couldnt tell any flaws.

3 hours ago, Trink_Reiniger said:

Does this mean more tweaking the stats, or something else? Maybe diabetes from all the soda and cupcakes? Than you could saw your foot off, when it has gone bad.

I know ppl. starved when nut.-system was introduced, and thought that was dealt with. My characters only survive for about two weeks, so i couldnt tell any flaws.

People seem to like where we're going with Nutrition generally, but going from community feedback it can certainly be improved a bit. Rather than dropping it in its current form into the Survival mode of the main (less hardcore) playerbase we've decided to make it a sandbox option when 34 is released. We'll then come back to it for polish when RJ wants a break from Metalwork.  Will explain plans a bit more on Mondoid :)

Nutrition system seems fine for me as well, (didn't get the bonus/malus log file, and didn't see any annoying part ingame) so if it is just an option to activate/desactivate it so it should be good i think, players always enjoy to play/die the way they want ;)

The nutrition should have a just a small bigger impact in the gameplay maybe but im sure RJ will fix it later ;)

Edited by NagashUD

A tweaked version of it will be in IWBUMS before you know it - don't worry. It's just something we want everyone to 'get' and appreciate when it's part of the main game, so want to be 100% happy with it before extending it to the wider audience - not all of whom are as hardcore-minded as us happy campers on the TIS forums. First impressions count for a lot, after all.

Haha yeah definatly, well on my side i definatly enjoy the new build, everyone made a really nice job and a great step on the game, waiting the nutrition getting maybe a bit more far as i said before, but probably will come later as the metalworking;

we are a small french community, we also streaming regulary with ~20/30 regular viewers (twice a week) and everyone seems exited too for the new build, we just waiting the official release to stream again (we can't put beta on the server) ; so just saying here keep up the good work guys !! :)

Edited by NagashUD

1 minute ago, Batsphinx said:

Let me know next time you're streaming and I'll give you a tweet from the TIS account :)

Awesome !! thanks so much, i'm still on vacations actually until next week, then when the build is officially released i ll tell you ;) we are actually 6 players on the server, thats huge, all can't wait to play together again :D !

14 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Nutrition is disabled everywhere by default until more refinements are done.  It can be turned on in new Sandbox games.

Does this mean that when I load my current save up its going to turn nutrition off? If so i'd appreciate it if you'd change this. I'm having fun and the fact that I cant just survive of crisp/chips is a big part of it, so i'd appreciate not having my save ruined by unwanted changes. If this is not the case then please ignore me but I'm not best pleased if it is the case.

Edited by Joshnpk

About Nutrition: I started the game with Overweight (95 kg), and I kept a low calories diet until I droped to 80 kg (losing the negative trait). After that, I start to maintain a regular diet, trying to keep my weight around 80 kg, but it keeps droping, regardless my efforts. Now I am Underweight and, even eating high calories food like a pig, I keep losing weight everyday. Im around 72 kg now.

Its an old save (from 34.19). Could it be a bug with my save and the new build (that comes with Nutrition off by default)?

I gain weight from eating fruit. Count the kiloCalories you consume. Imo its pretty accurate. It seems the system does not take your workload into account. It looks like a day of running, or chilling makes no difference.

I always play 3hrs day length, working, running, chopping all day long. For the amount of work, i should need more kiloCalories, to maintain weight.

Look up how much a hard working guy has to consume, just to brake even.

9 hours ago, Alexandre Lange said:

About Nutrition: I started the game with Overweight (95 kg), and I kept a low calories diet until I droped to 80 kg (losing the negative trait). After that, I start to maintain a regular diet, trying to keep my weight around 80 kg, but it keeps droping, regardless my efforts. Now I am Underweight and, even eating high calories food like a pig, I keep losing weight everyday. Im around 72 kg now.

Its an old save (from 34.19). Could it be a bug with my save and the new build (that comes with Nutrition off by default)?

You are in your negative calories. You'll need to eat a few thousand calories to start gaining weight again. Try eating an entire cube of butter and then a full bar of chocolate and then maybe a half or quarter of another cube of butter. That should set you up.

2 hours ago, Geras said:

You are in your negative calories. You'll need to eat a few thousand calories to start gaining weight again. Try eating an entire cube of butter and then a full bar of chocolate and then maybe a half or quarter of another cube of butter. That should set you up.

Depending on how far in the hole you are, you might need to eat upwards of 5000 calories before calories consumed past that point will contribute to weight gain. This  is part of the reason the current system is going to be tweaked and has simply been disabled outside of sandbox, for now.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Depending on how far in the hole you are, you might need to eat upwards of 5000 calories before calories consumed past that point will contribute to weight gain. This  is part of the reason the current system is going to be tweaked and has simply been disabled outside of sandbox, for now.

You surely mean 5000000 calories, or 5000 kilocalories. Thats a big difference. And it drives me crazy, people dont care:cry: