The New Bombs

So I have a few questions about the bombs.

1. Is the Flame Trap better than a Molotov or is it just a Molotov with the ability to be remotely detonated or timed or mined?

2. Is the pipe bomb just an explosion? It would be a handy way to take out crowds of zeds without guns.

3. Is the noise maker worth it or is the area of effect to small?

1) flame bomb have way bigger aoe.

2) pipe bomb can kill a lot of zeds. Its like better version of areosol bomb. But imo its not that good to spend shotgun and 9mm ammo for gunpowder. You can kill more zeds with those 20 pistol or shotty rounds so use only rifle ammo to make pipebombs.

3) noise makers are meh for me but they work well if you combine them with smoke bomb (place noise maker inside smoke).

The log walls are the strongest but you can't do much with them other than perimeter.

The other two are more for advanced base building. Plastering walls do not make them stronger, just for keeping the walls from staying an unprofessional wood mess. Barricaded windows are a must when you first take on a new base, either way get this done first.

The pipe bomb was a huge dissapointment for me. I was expecting a huge explosion and lots of dead zombies but the fire it started caused far more damage than the tiny explosion. Not entirely sure why it even starts a fire.

16 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

The pipe bomb was a huge dissapointment for me. I was expecting a huge explosion and lots of dead zombies but the fire it started caused far more damage than the tiny explosion. Not entirely sure why it even starts a fire.

Pipe bombs definitely should not start fires. Easily the most common complaint I've seen... especially since the fire tends to often level neighborhoods.

56 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

since we're talking about bombs, does anybody know how to do this or if this actually a thing in the game?

you cant directly combine them if that's what your asking, but you can use them in tandum

16 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I'm talking about a wall of windows that are boarded to the max.

I've never tried it, but I'm guessing that it's stronger than a regular wall. Or perhaps it's because the window frame stays intact so you can barricade it again when zombies have come through.

51 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I'm talking about a wall of windows that are boarded to the max.

The log wall would be the obvious way to go. Make a whole window frame and then barricading it in place of a solid wall isn't a solid defense plan, because the only thing the zed need to get through are the barricades. They can just climb right in after.

4 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

The log wall would be the obvious way to go. Make a whole window frame and then barricading it in place of a solid wall isn't a solid defense plan, because the only thing the zed need to get through are the barricades. They can just climb right in after.

Right, but with a normal wall, once it's broken, they can just walk in, which is faster than them having to climb through a window to get in. Also, you just need to rebarricade both sides of the window to bring it back up to max strength.

2 minutes ago, Bughunter66 said:

Right, but with a normal wall, once it's broken, they can just walk in, which is faster than them having to climb through a window to get in. Also, you just need to rebarricade both sides of the window to bring it back up to max strength.

Interesting. Anything mathematical that would prove that this is stronger than a log wall, if both are made by the same level of carpentry?

If your goal of making a perimeter wall is just for it to be a perimeter wall, you are better off using a log one. If you want to use that window as an escape, your character will likely get hurt during the end-portion of the animation if it is through a bunch of zed.

Just now, Kim Jong Un said:

Anything that would prove that this is stronger than a log wall, if both are made by the same level of carpentry?

If your goal of making a perimeter wall is just for it to be a perimeter wall, you are better off using a log one. If you want to use that window as an escape, your character will likely get hurt during the end-portion of the animation.

But a self made wall of windows don't have glass, so there would be no worries of scratches. A double-sided barricaded window has 81 HP, while a wall has 1300 HP at max carpentry. But currently, zombies will hardly ever attack a wall, and choose to pathfind their way to your door and bust it down instead, which means the window trick would be better for spreading the zombies out.

1 minute ago, Bughunter66 said:

But a self made wall of windows don't have glass, so there would be no worries of scratches. A double-sided barricaded window has 81 HP, while a wall has 1300 HP at max carpentry. But currently, zombies will hardly ever attack a wall, and choose to pathfind their way to your door and bust it down instead, which means the window trick would be better for spreading the zombies out.

Probably a difference of opinion but that actually sounds extremely worse.

I think it's easier to fight the zed when they are bottlenecked. I'll take the 1300 HP wall any day personally.

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Probably a difference of opinion but that actually sounds extremely worse.

I think it's easier to fight the zed when they are bottlenecked. I'll take the 1300 HP wall any day personally.

The issue is more than 1 zombie can fit through a door, but if you make a kill hall, then sure.

5 minutes ago, Bughunter66 said:

The issue is more than 1 zombie can fit through a door, but if you make a kill hall, then sure.

There's also the 1200 HP difference and the fact that people could use the window frame in place of the door if they wanted to circumvent that. Not that I would recommend the latter because zeds can see you in the window and you can barricade the already much more resilient door anyways.

My recommendation stays the same. Having the zed go through windows slower only means so much when you are supposed to be prepared to fight them head on once they get in anyways. There is also the chance that when you escape through it a zed will scratch you mid animation.

21 hours ago, zomboid123 said:

I think EP just fixed that today! Well smoke bombs creating fire were fixed. If i had to bet; the pipe bomb is experiencing the same bug.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/?app=tcbugtracker&module=tracker&controller=issues&id=168

11 hours ago, RealNewDeal said:

Hey is the sawn off shotgun or the shotgun with expanded choke better?

It depends on what you what effect you want with the shotgun, I guess. There is always more options to swap out stuff with the regular shotgun, but if you just want to run and gun the sawn off would be more appropriate for spread.

I like to use the shotgun and go for a tight spread because I like my shots to be powerful and predictable. But I guess that also depends on your aiming skill too.

Archived