co op server settings issue

Livio Persemprio

hello, I think i have an issue on my end:

i have started a server in the latest iwbums with the easy co op, i set sleepallowed and sleepneeded to on (they are both on in the serversname.ini file in user/zomboid/server - if that is of any help, the server name is set to servertest1)

i have also set the loglocalchat to true, with the intention of being able to read the local chat in the chat box, i checked it on the servername.ini file and that's on there as well

both of these things aren't working on my server sadly and i have no clue what i might have done wrong or what kind of info i should provide here

the last issue i have is with custom spawn points, but i still haven't tried everything yet so i'll wait to see if i can fix it myself.

Using the Host button, make sure the correct settings are shown next to the "Server name:" label (to the left of the "Manage settings..." button).

If your server is called "servertest1" then it must say that next to "Server name:".

If that isn't the problem, check near the beginning of the ProjectZomboid\coop-stdout.txt file.  It will tell you the server name and the name of the settings it is actually reading.

39 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Using the Host button, make sure the correct settings are shown next to the "Server name:" label (to the left of the "Manage settings..." button).

If your server is called "servertest1" then it must say that next to "Server name:".

If that isn't the problem, check near the beginning of the ProjectZomboid\coop-stdout.txt file.  It will tell you the server name and the name of the settings it is actually reading.

thanks a lot for the answer, it means a lot to me.

yep, i'm hosting that only server at the minute, so in manage settings i just have that server on the list, and it shows the correct name near the "server name".

i checked said file and the name of the server there is just "servertest", and the settings seems all to be set to deafault. what should i do next?

In coop-stdout.txt, it says something like this?

server name is "servertest"
reading C:\Users\XXX\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini

If you go into "Manage settings" and press "Delete Selected Settings",  the next screen should show you the names of the files (but don't delete the files).  The INI file should be the same as the one in the coop-stdout.txt file.

there's no mention about reading, all the mentions of that path are

server name is "servertest"

database "C:\Users\usuario\Zomboid\db\servertest.db"

Loading: C:/Users/usuario/Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua

erosion: reading C:\Users\usuario\Zomboid\Saves\Multiplayer\servertest\erosion.ini

when i click "Delete Selected Settings" i read the directory

C:\Users\usuario\Zomboid\Server with four files inside,

servertest1.ini

servertest1_SandboxVars.lua

servertest1_spawnregions.lua

these three will be affected by the delete process

there's also this file named

servertest_SandboxVars.lua

Edited by Livio Persemprio