The brutal truth about helicopters?

Unghin

Hello guys! I read many topics about helicopters here and in stean. In total suggestion devided on "fair" and "unfair" to helicopters. And I think about it feature long time.

Why it is flying above me or my safehouse?

Why it is don't drop supplies/aid/meals etc?

What purpose of people in helicopter?

And I guess that people in helicopter are marauders! :evil: I think that it's can be believable. But you can ask me - why they just don't come to my house and kill me and take my stuff?  And I answer you that having a helicopter is an tactical advantage. Also helicopter can containe only particular number of people - this marauders don't know about number of people in safehouse, about number of guns in safehouse. Maybe marauders have quite weapon or something else. Okay thay just can attract zombies to your safehouse fly away and with time return here. I always get only 2 ways of action after helicopters comes: I am dying/I am running away from safehouse - and I really can say that somebody possible to loot my safehouse (One time I was fighiting with horde, but i am dying after couple of days :-D ).

Finaly attract and expal survivors from safehouse less risky then go and fight with them.

What do you think?

Death.png

Edited by Unghin

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

But with a gun, yes. :)

Thanks very much for videomaterial! :D

25 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

It's the military and they are very interested in observing any survivors for some reason :|

Hmm... Military realize that they are attracting zombie to survivors? Or they are don't care? :blink:

I can't understand it. It's look dissonant - explaine please.

Military be like, dayum that's one fine lookin' survivor. Let's get a closer look, ey?

Or at least, that's what they do to me. Not bragging or anything...

But yes, Helicopters have been berated for not doing anything other than attracting zombies.

The devs have said there will be no military help, so it won't ever drop you supplies, at least not intentionally. "Ooh crap, *hic* I dropped me whiskey!" "Shutup Wilson, wait. Who's flying?" "*hic* Wha?"

40 minutes ago, Unghin said:

Hmm... Military realize that they are attracting zombie to survivors? Or they are don't care? :blink:

I lost some picture and can't to add it in edition form, so.

militia.png

And what happens at the bottom:

survive.png

But without jokes I feel that you are preparing something more with helicopters come. You are think about supplies dropping or you are already work about it?

7 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

The devs have said there will be no military help, so it won't ever drop you supplies

Oh realy!? Next time i will go to gunshop, take riffle and shot helicopter! 8-)

However I like helicopters. They are get me adrenalin (especialy when at night). It is like a plot twist of my life! Higher I just had tried to imagine purpose of helicopter. But now I can think up a new story about military that want save me, but for some reasons can't do that.

2 minutes ago, Unghin said:

But now I can think up a new story about military that want save me, but for some reasons can't do that.

They may help you indirectly some day. By killing zombies and clearing hordes of infected. But they'll never give you a crate of supplies.

4 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

They may help you indirectly some day. By killing zombies and clearing hordes of infected. But they'll never give you a crate of supplies.

Indeed. This is connected with abadoned military points in mod maps, where we able to find something useful.

16 hours ago, Unghin said:

Thanks very much for videomaterial! :D

Seems a little naive in your confusion as to why the military would care or try and help. :P This is a potentially apocalypse making quarantine, and you're right in the centre of it. I'm not sure if you watch TWD and remember the flashback scene of Shane in the hospital where Rick is? Or played Halflife. Or any other game or TV show or movie ever involving any quarantine event and the military? When we finally add the military soliders doing clean up sweeps into the game, are you going to run up to them going 'thank god you're here!'? :P

Suffice as to say the people in the helicopter, whatever they are doing, aren't out on a mission looking for survivors to help out.

34 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Seems a little naive in your confusion as to why the military would care or try and help. :P This is a potentially apocalypse making quarantine, and you're right in the centre of it. I'm not sure if you watch TWD and remember the flashback scene of Shane in the hospital where Rick is? Or played Halflife. Or any other game or TV show or movie ever involving any quarantine event and the military? When we finally add the military soliders doing clean up sweeps into the game, are you going to run up to them going 'thank god you're here!'? :P

Ha! I've found it! There's no zombie apocalypse!

Lemmy, you genius!

We're just on a giant set for "Thank God you're here!". Guess I should invest more points in the 'comedic improv' trait.

6 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Suffice as to say the people in the helicopter, whatever they are doing, aren't out on a mission looking for survivors to help out.

This is great news. I've been waiting for awhile for some real threats to be added, as once you have established a nice safehouse, currently nothing is threatening.

See now this is interesting! If the Military are coming in to the quarantine zone to do sweeps, will they be dropped in by Helicopter? Or will they drive in with jeeps and such? Because that could point to a way out of the Quarantine, even if it was extremely risky, that's a weakness in the border. If it was by Helicopter, how possible would it be to sneak up and perhaps borrow a military uniform, for the recollection?

I know you can't escape but I'll try dammit!!

maybe its the military's intentions to alert infected and to draw them back into the centre of Kentucky, to slow the spread of infection? Or maybe they want our survivors dead because we could be contaminated and escaping the quarantine (which being a living human we have a greater chance of doing) would lead to a pandemic of catastrophic proportions. Just a thought.

That feel when your idea gets dismissed. I still think I'm one damn fine looking cat, and that's why they follow me.

I know they'll never help you directly, but it'd be neat if we could send them a message by radio.

"Buzz off mate, can't you see I'm busy getting eaten alive here?" Then maybe they leave... Or shoot your for sassing them.

Behold my (professional) artistic skills, a mouse and 10 minutes of free time!

Spoiler

bestdrawing.png

Edited by King Kitteh
MAD ART SKILLZ BROSKY!