IWBUMS 34.19

EasyPickins

1 hour ago, Jab said:

Saving money? That's just one good reason. I watch server populations, and having them in realtime and accurate is what I would want, both for Terminus, and other servers.  Seeing this fix lets me know that TIS is investigating this issue. This is also a question I'd like to know from the developers side of things, as this is currently being worked on here in IWBUMS. I'd rather be paying a few cents for small packets so players can see exactly what's on with my server.

Thanks.

Considering the problem can be solved by simply restarting the server and Tim mentioned a fix for it already, I'd say your idea isn't necessary. It's already been considered by TIS repeatedly when brought up by the both of us and rejected as being impractical, possibly abusive.

Finally, I very much doubt you rely purely on the cached Steam list for player numbers when you can simply get accurate information directly from Grumpy's own server. Even considering the "rubbing two nickles" together issue, this problem seems to only affect our two servers, probably because we go past PZ's original hard cap of 32 players and keep our servers up for a very, very long time without restart.

I appreciate that you wish to share your ideas with us, but repetition being dismissive when you get an answer isn't a good way to go about it.

Thanks.

I recently switched to this version. And it's perfectly!

- New textures, so beutiful!

- My fps increased! I am so happy, I can allow myself to switch zombie to 3D!

- I am don't miss the opportunity to test easy co-op - I invited my friend, and it's working! (we are connected through mutual Wi-Fi router, I want to invite more friends later)

Thanking all The Indie Stone Team! 

Yep, it works great, i can host even though my connection isn't great.

But i have the issue that my server isn't applying any settings, no sleep, no local log chat, everything looks fine from the settings file. If I could have sleep on the server I'd be a happy happy boy

Edited by Livio Persemprio

10 hours ago, Jab said:

EP, out of curiosity, couldn't clients ping servers directly for population count? This would give more realtime results, and would be less data for you guys to cache on your directory listing service for both the steam and non-steam heartbeat servers. :)

Steam is entirely responsible for maintaining player counts, we don't have any kind of master server for Steam servers.  I fixed one issue: when closing the game window (without exiting to the main menu), the player wasn't removed from the Steam server browser.  I added a small delay when quitting so the network code has time to send it's final packets; after that fix, the player was removed from the Steam server browser right away.  There may be something else that needs fixing to make Steam happy, however.

- Sorry if i'm wrong but (away from the past conversation ^^) , seems like tke metalworking doesn't come on the build 34 ? seems pretty far to be done same as the animations, i know the "no ETAs i do not ask for a release date" ;)
- Still having some translation mistakes in "french", but i have no idea who does this and where to report to help it ?

Edited by NagashUD