IWBUMS 34.19

EasyPickins

IWBUMS 34.19

• Fixed tutorial breakage caused by customizing zoom levels.
  • Fixed render bug when ServerWelcomeMessage was empty.
  • Added a lamp to the tutorial cabin kitchen.
  • Non-public servers shouldn't show up on the Steam server browser.  I wasn't able to test this though.
  • A co-op host can mark which friends are allowed to join.  Those friends may then join without needing an invite from the host, using the in-game server browser, Steam's server browser, or Steam's 'Join Game' / 'View Game Info' menu commands.

InviteAllowDeny.png

• Possibly fixed the Steam server browser not realizing clients left the game.
  • Fixed non-Steam co-op host not using the correct server password if one was set in the INI file.
  • Fixed client savefile name being 0_ServerName_player when joining a non-Steam hosted server.  If you joined a non-Steam hosted server, rename your 0_ServerName_player folder to IP_Port_Username instead.  This bug doesn't affect Steam-enabled hosted servers.
  • Fixed old tent sprites being used.
  • Fixed container overlay sprites not appearing outside of pre-built rooms.
  • Add Mash's new rain textures.
  • The texture-compression option is forced on when the game is started in Compatibility Mode.

To access IWBUMs, check the following link: 

Easy Co-Op FAQ

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

Moving wood stoves works for me.

Just tested this with a fresh game and it worked for me :D. Thanks for the fix :)

Edit: Just tested it with an older save as well and it works there now too! Thanks again :D

(Note for others: If you already placed the wood stove and still see the power options, just pick it up and place it again to fix it)

Edited by Kuren

7 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

Will we ever be able to die while sleeping in multiplayer or is this going to permanently be this way?

Why even ask a question like that . . . Ever's a rather long time. It'll be fixed or added to when someone finds the time.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Why even ask a question like that . . . Ever's a rather long time. It'll be fixed or added to when someone finds the time.

I was curious if this was just a limitation of how single player can fast forward the entire simulation and a balancing choice so people can go afk without leaving the game or just a work in progress thing. How about half an Ever :) P.S. I am really excited about sleep being added to multiplayer.

Edited by Zomboid

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If it's still the same, zombies break in then stand around until you wake up.

So this is an animation-related bug.  Zombies may only attack during certain frames of their attack animation.  When time is sped up, those frames are completely skipped.  I'll try changing it so when time runs fast, zombies get one chance to attack per update.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:53 PM, EasyPickins said:

Possibly fixed the Steam server browser not realizing clients left the game.

EP, out of curiosity, couldn't clients ping servers directly for population count? This would give more realtime results, and would be less data for you guys to cache on your directory listing service for both the steam and non-steam heartbeat servers. :)

Edited by Jab

18 minutes ago, Jab said:

EP, out of curiosity, couldn't clients ping servers directly for population count? This would give more realtime results, and would be less data for you guys to cache on your directory listing service for both the steam and non-steam heartbeat servers. :)

Hundreds of clients pinging servers in the list. Very bad.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Hundreds of clients pinging servers in the list. Very bad.

People could mimick this ping system already if they wanted to if they intend to maliciously abuse any form of the server, including this. 

Also, this wouldn't be bad for bandwidth, and many other gaming communities / servers use this anyway, so I don't see this being bad at all. This would be even better for TIS because this would be less to manage.

Edit:

Another thing: Ping what's visible on the list, not every single server you retrieve. Even less bandwidth.

Edited by Jab

Just now, Jab said:

People could mimick this ping system already if they wanted to if they intend to maliciously abuse any form of the server, including this. 

Also, this wouldn't be bad for bandwidth, and many other gaming communities / servers use this anyway, so I don't see this being bad at all. This would be even better for TIS because this would be less to manage.

No reason for  TIS force it on clients, however.

1 minute ago, EnigmaGrey said:

No reason for  TIS force it on clients, however.

Saving money? That's just one good reason. I watch server populations, and having them in realtime and accurate is what I would want, both for Terminus, and other servers.  Seeing this fix lets me know that TIS is investigating this issue. This is also a question I'd like to know from the developers side of things, as this is currently being worked on here in IWBUMS. I'd rather be paying a few cents for small packets so players can see exactly what's on with my server.

Thanks.