VOIP feature

allu

A preliminary poke around VOIP integration is next on the list, but we won’t talk of it again until it’s close – as this will again be long and difficult job for our Russian code buddies.

I just read about this in the latest IWBUMS update and had to come to hear what others think about it. I personally don't think it's a feature the zomboid would really need right now, especially if it's long and hard job. I first played zomboid like in 2013 and there were promises of NPCs already back then, which so far has not been filled.

There are already loads of handy programs to use when playing with your friends, just for example Mumble, which has a positional audio feature available. The only way this would actually work is if the VOIP communication would only be heart by another players near you, instead of being a server wide in-game voice chat, where you would just end up muting most of the players anyway. Instead of developers using a lot of good coding a hours for this, it could be just optional extra for the server admins to set up teamspeak or mumble server and advice their players to join.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have this conversation every time anything that's not NPCs is mentioned, it seems. Blanket statement for everyone, not just the OP:

Just because TIS hires an outside contractor to implement VOIP doesn't mean the feature you personally value above all others isn't getting the love and attention it needs. Likewise, just because members of TIS not directly involved with NPCs should work on a feature you don't personally value, doesn't mean your desired features are being ignored.

Smaller things (e.g. "Why don't towels dry over time?") will be implemented when other devs find the time and enthusiasm to do. There are thousands of similar nothings like that that need to be done, along with larger and far less fun things.

Your desired feature is still being worked on diligently by TIS and will continue to be worked on. The only reason said feature is not out yet is because the version that currently exists wouldn't be fun to play or is incomplete. If it were possible to expedite the completion of this feature without harming the quality of said feature, Project Zomboid, or TIS, all necessary action would be taken.

Nothing is being held back because of VOIP. You're not missing out on anything by not having NPCs out now.

Replace VOIP with any other feature you feel strongly about, such as easier co-op.

For that matter I'm getting tired of a few people who aren't interested in a particular feature assuming that this preference applies to the entire playerbase and that development of the entire game should fit around their own personal wants. If we said 'right, NO MORE MP STUFF WILL BE DONE UNTIL NPCS ARE OUT' we'd just be doing a search and replace on the complaints we get on the forums and how we're focusing on NPCs too much, and this isn't fair to the MP communities, and how NPCs aren't really required when you have humans and humans are so much better to play with than dumb AI, and WHY IS THERE NO VOIP?! You CANNOT win.

FAO EVERYONE. NEWSFLASH: There are a lot of people who own this game. NOT EVERY ONE OF THEM WANTS THE SAME THING AS YOU DO AND STOP BEING SELFISH TRYING TO DENY THEM IT JUST TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY.

We're a tiny team, and we're hiring outside help to do the multiplayer stuff for this very reason (well not just this reason, they are also awesome and can do stuff we cannot), yet even when spending extra money on an external team to avoid it affecting your fabled NPCs in any way whatsoever, and making that clear mondoid after mondoid, we still put up with all these constant complaints and opinionings whenever we talk about ANYTHING non NPC (and yet, ABSURDLY, we get 10x the complaints when we DO talk about NPCS), we are pritoritizing the work that gets done to try and keep the most people happy we can, to provide regular updates to make people feel they are getting their moneys worth, and the reviews suggest we're doing the right thing.

If I have to read more whinging about NPCs its SO tempting just to stick static 'shopkeeper' characters in there, soak up the complaints, and never speak of them again. Sick to death of it.  YOU GUYS are the biggest risk to NPCs out there, I tell you. We GET it. We read complaints about NPCs ALL THE TIME. It amazes me so many seem to think by posting a comment on the forums or on an unrelated mondoid we're going to go 'oh what?! WAIT. PEOPLE WANT NPCS? I DIDN'T REALIZE! Sorry! Right, they will be out next week!' - We're so very obviously aware people want NPCs, its like the worst kept secret in the world. Why people can't understand after a certain point it becomes MASSIVELY detremental to a small team where the developers themselves, who are human and bound by such human traits as motivation and stress have to READ this endless stuff themselves, there is no PR guy soaking it up.

It's also tempting to put a complete ban on any versions until NPCs are out, and then direct all the huge anger at a list of email addresses I collect from NPC complaints, and see how they like it. Nope people excited for VOIP, you're NOT allowed it because the NPC gang want their NPCS and THEY are who matter, NOT YOU. Doesn't matter that we got extra external people to do all the work. If we talk about it, or god forbid release it, then that's unfair to NPC fans. They don't want other people having any enjoyment of new features if they aren't getting it themselves. Here's a list of people to go and harass about it every week.

We try to be good to our customers, we try and be on their side all the time, we bleed for this game, but it's bloody hard. So so so tired of it. You wonder why NPCS aren't out?  I used to love working on NPCs. Now it practically gives me ulcers, because of you lot. THAT is why. Thanks for taking something I loved, was obsessed with, had huge aspirations for,  looked forward to 'getting boring stuff out the way' so I could get back to them, and instead making me want to puke every time I think of them.  They'll still come, as we've said a bazillion times, but it'll be 1000x shittier working on them in the meantime, so thanks. And yeah, they'll come slower too when I have to nail myself to the desk to force myself to work to them, instead of gleefully thinking about them in bed and thinking 'screw it' and jumping up to quickly to my pc to do that cool thing I thought about and them realizing its 10am and I've worked all night.  That happens to this day but not on NPCs no longer I'll tell you that straight up.

Perhaps they would come faster if they weren't such a poisonous thing, a three letter acronym of the dark horrible side of PZ that makes most of the community groan and wince when they hear it, the cause of 99% of the stress and discord in the community, and maybe there'd be a lot more pep in development if the people who mention them so often didn't so often act so completely selfishly toward other features people are excited about or talk in such gross belittling terms about the work of other developers on the game. "Oh boy got to get those wonderful people their NPCs, don't want to let them down <3<3<3' If it weren't for all the wonderfully lovely and understanding people, and those who've never posted on the forums at all, nothing would give me more pleasure at this point than just canning them, tell you the truth. As it stands its all those I don't want to let down and why I'll work through the grime and muck and tears and get them out as promised. Sadly my lofty aspirations of them standing out as something special and unique has slowly been strangled over the past year or so, they are tainted and I just want them done and all that pleasure and love is long dead, so its only responsibility to those people that drives me now.  

To make matters worse, when I do anything that's not NPCs I have to omit my bloody name out of the Mondoid and take no credit whatsoever, for fear of people going 'WHAT HE'S NOT WORKING ON NPCS?' (I hope the above gives some indication of why working 100% on NPCs day in / day out is now an impossibility for me without some recharge time) I get no sense of satisfaction or recognition for what I do do on the game apart from the much delayed NPCs because I have to keep it quiet because I'm known to be doing NPCs, and the OPs post is proof that this is not done out of paranoia due to not understanding game development and the simplistic 'if this then not that' mentality that dominates these kind of NPC complaints. So basically, despite being one of two people who built the game from the ground up from day 1 before the team grew, writing the base of the entire multiplayer in my spare time within a month, as well as the animation overhaul, creative, professions and trait overhaul and numerous other things, often as a bit of refuge from NPCs or in my spare time,  and having to run the company to boot, all I ever get back in terms of personal accomplishment or recognition is complaints about lack of npcs, accusations of being slow, and comments like one on Mondoid yesterday that 'I wish I had lemmy101's job so I could do nothing for years and still get paid!' - so fucking draining and demoralizing and people wonder why they aren't hurtling out the door at a billion miles an hour.

Only in Early Access do you suffer the indignity of constantly having random people come in and start telling you how your team should be organized and what people should be working on what. We involve the community heavily with development but it only coincidentally seems to be people complaining about NPCs that seem entitled to that control over the development and team and start saying 'I don't think this person should be working on this, you should put them on that!'. And there are some people on the Steam boards right now wondering why we vowed never to do Early Access again. There's also a thread there right now saying 'are we the only people doing Early Access right?' yet that right ain't good enough as long as there's one thing on your list you've not gotten out the door. A lot of Early Access developers would have closed doors a year or two or three ago, NPCs or no, but the fact we're keeping at it, still updating the game, working on it 100%, and can't think of starting anything new or fresh or exciting, mainly down to our commitment to YOU means nothing because you still not got your NPCs.

VERY IMPORTANT TRIP IN THE TOTAL PERSPECTIVE VORTEX: The people who post on this forum, and the people who post on steam, and the people who post on reddit, represent probably 0.001% of the playerbase. Just because the NPC noise is so deafening, the majority of people out there just want the game updating with new features. Most who bought the game did so long after we shut the fuck up about NPCs and we're keeping quiet so they can be content and not become more NPC noise dragging us down. All those people probably want updates coming out with features added to the game, not some total FULL STOP on any development that's not NPCS that wouldn't come much sooner if we did that ANYWAY. (to those without development experience, just consider the adage: "Too many cooks". Add 100000 developers to NPCs will not make them come out in 0.2 seconds) Ask yourself if our review score wouldn't be somewhere in the 20% if the majority truly did align with your own opinion? We should be getting nothing but NPC delay complaints. Instead we get reviews about the game that's there, and praising regular updates of new features, because lack of NPC tunnel vision means they appreciate all the massive work we put into the game in general. Npc complaints are, gladly, in the minority exactly because we don't keep going on about them and just work on them quietly, yet the minority who do complain do so so constantly, at such a deafening volume and with such incredible laser focus it just make me MISERABLE. I've always stuck up for NPC complaining people, 'oh its just because they are frustrated' and 'its our fault for hyping it too soon', full of apologies and sympathy, but it becomes harder and harder with each passing day. I think I'm hitting a threshold.

We owe the majority their updates, and sorry that this makes NPCs take their time but that's the way it is. Apparently hiring external help to do MP stuff, and endlessly talking about how we're doing that in the Mondoids, isn't enough, so I'll just have to lay it out in black and white for you. I think I've done pretty much that. That's why NPCs are delayed, it has nothing to do with VOIP. or any other feature by any member of the team or even features I may myself work on instead of working on NPCs. If I'm not working on NPCs it's because I've hit a roadblock or am otherwise being unproductive, and my time is then better spent on something I'm making progress on. This constant NPC noise just makes that MUCH more frequent and MUCH more severe. The reason NPCs have been delayed is working on NPCs is now like working in a sewer, and when you work in a sewer you're only there as long as you have to be, you have to come up for regular breath to get the stink out of your nose and keep yourself from getting ill. And this is why I'm not being hyperbolic when I say if you'd all have shut up about them you'd probably be playing with them right now. This is perhaps a the most valuable thing to take away for future reference when talking directly to anyone relying on creativity to create something you want.

I'm sorry if this all comes over as harsh, its your first post and from your perspective the heated response may not seem appropriate for your question, you may not have seen the sea of people saying the exact same things day in and day out that have wore our nerves and patience to a nub. but they are still there from our perspective and after so long the camel's back snaps.. a lot of this is general and not directed at you, though a lot applies to your comments,

Have a nice day

*Cough* Now that that's out of the way ... *Hugs everyone*

Positional audio is one of the goals; it'll be using mumble for a back-end; it'll be customizable  for servers where possible. Even General Arcade isn't re-inventing the wheel, but it's a nice feature found commonly in MP games and regularly requested for PZ. There's no real reason not to do it.

It helps that this is the sort of thing General Arcade is known for.

4 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

For that matter I'm getting tired of a few people who aren't interested in a particular feature assuming that this preference applies to the entire playerbase.  Snip

If I ever meet you, I'm buying you a pint. 

You deserve it. 

But seriously, as shitty as it must feel with people constantly forcing the 'NPC Issue' down your throats at TIS, most of us on the forum understands that you're all doing a fantastic job on the game so far. Keep it up, man. :-)

We should take all the people who complain about NPCs and put them in a sweatshop. In the sweatshop they each have a small room, with a bucket and a computer.

Installed on the computer is PZ (and ticktacktoe for some reason), they are then forced to act as NPCs on other PZ players Single Player worlds.

This is the most obvious solution, two birds with one stone! Complainers disappear, and they also get a free bucket!

Meanwhile everyone else gets to play with NPCs, albeit NPCs who complain about some evil Indie Stone conspiracy where they're trying to enslave people for cheap labor (wait, isn't that what game development is?).

I'm sure I'm not the only person that is not concerned (or even all that excited) about NPCs. I think so many of the updates the devs are working on are important, and they just need to finish what they can when they can. That's good enough for me. I am one very happy customer! :)

Honestly, being as new to PZ as I am, I don't know anything at all about the NPCs -- what their introduction would involve or what sort of elements they would add to the game. (Plot lines, trade, added danger...? Thing is, I have no clue whatsoever....) And unfortunately, I've never dared to ask for curiosity's sake without fear of all the drama piling on top of my post. I just don't really know what all the hype is, which makes me feel like there must be something I don't know. Lol

1 hour ago, lemmy101 said:

I used to love working on NPCs. snip

This right here is heartbreaking I hope your able to reclaim some of that joy eventually.

What you guys have put into this game really shows, you guys are doing an amazing job and everyone who frequents the forums knows that.

Though I do think king kitteh is on to something....

Doing some bug fixes, adding features is good. dont think about pz for npc think about pz as a whole game and it gives us many feature and despite of being on early access they manage to bring a game like this with the feel of being a full game.. Jts hard when you code npc definitely super hard just thinking about it my head hurts so i dont mind taking it longer and im not hype on it im hype on animation and combat system. i turn myself to impatient to patient one. Think about this its better to release an update with less bugs and more content rather than fast release with a lot of bugs and less content

Ultimate NPC Revenge: Make a survivor named Lemmy. He could be damn near unstoppable, geared to take on a small army, and out for blood, murdering anyone he comes across. 

Edit: I'm actually ecstatic about VOIP. I can't type fast and can't skype people who I don't know. 

Edited by TheDreaded1

FFS just take a break, you deserve it.

You guys can't let this kind of people get the best of you, it's unfair.

As a guy above said, it's heartbreaking that you hate NPC, not because of the delay (I couldn't care less about NPC even if I tried to), but because you used to love it, that's what saddens me. Just ignore the complaints and take a break, or anything, I don't know.

And start taking credit for your work, I had no clue you worked on animations and to be honest animations are the real thing for me, so credit where is due.

Keep in mind that I mostly bought the game because I love how you work almost as much as I love this game

3 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

The reason NPCs have been delayed is working on NPCs is now like working on a sewer, and when you work in a sewer you're only there as long as you have to be, you have to come up for regular breath to get the stink out of your nose and keep yourself from getting ill.

Well hot damn, thats a very sad analogy to hear.

Jesus man, the stress and pressure finally carved into you now, haven't seen you explode like that since around 2011 and 2013.

Shame that there is noting we can do to stop the people who dont know about all of this, no matter how many times you explain this, cluless people will keep asking about NPCs and assholes are going to continue begin assholes just making remarks on the NPCs.

I seriously feel sad to see how something that someone liked working at slowly became a nightmare to them.

It's not all bad - I still have a lot of love for a lot of stuff I do on Zomboid, still get excited like a kid about stuff I'm working on, I just miss having the NPC joy. I say all this but I'm sure I'll get NPC love back once anims are in and it can hit full stride again. And regarding breaks I do take breaks, but like keeping name out of the Mondoid I keep well shtum about it if I do :P

thanks all and sorry for the rather emotional outpouring I'm just very much in a 'get it all out there' mood lately. ;)

At the end of the day I know devs who get it MUCH worse on games that have sold MUCH less. We have a lot of praise and love and are very lucky.

On the whole it goes without saying our community is great and the positivity toward our game from the vast majority is great. It's just tough when amongst that, almost every complaint and bad review is directed at you and what you're doing and I feel a lot of guilt about being that negativity lightning rod that undoubtedly gets the team and support guys down too.

@lemmy101 It can't be much fun getting all the flak you do about npc's, I have to resist blasting the bastards that comment on the facebook updates, It seems to me that a lot of people on facebook (and steam for that matter) are self entitled little shits.

You guys have made an awesome game and during the 2 years I've played it's got better and better.

I literally cannot think of any other form of entertainment where I've got 500+ hours for only 15 bucks, even if you guys stopped now (please don't though) the value would still be amazing.

Keep your chin up man, annoying fuckers gonna be annoying fuckers.

Ahhh... NPC's.. ;d NPC's are great! And you should have fun developing them.  Just knowing there are NPC's out there, doing *something* does add a lot to the solo experience, and I personally enjoy keeping NPC's alive as long as possible, back in Half-Life I would reload instantly if a guard or scientiest died while I could've somehow saved him. Always was sad to leave them behind when they couldn't pass certain corridors..  Going to a military base and hanging there, watching it get attacked, and do everything I can to keep it alive would be great in Zomboid, men den som väntar på något gott..! ^,^

Also, Swedish proverb:  He who waits for something good never waits too long.

Here's a motivational poster

before-you-say-something-stop-and-think-

241a81a7cf72c699da2a19b5fadc2203.jpg

Edited by Insidiousness

I understand it, i would like to see the NPC's in the game already but i see that even if they are not out, you work on the game. I think i bought the game half an y- wait! One and an half year ago. I was playing and it was cool, but then it was a bit annyoing to hear gunshots, helicopters and screams when you don't find vehicles, not-zombified-corpses and survivors as NPC's. From that time you released tons of features/updates/items, you even gave the game a more HD-look! I can wait for the NPC's and i hope most of the others also can. (But still i'm a little confused about why it takes so much time.)

Back to topic :

VOIP would be great, when there was a zombie behind your friend then instead of typing "behind you!" which would take about 2 sec you would use the mic to say it in less than a sec. By this i mean it would be much easier to communicate. ;)

13 minutes ago, ChristFive said:

(But still i'm a little confused about why it takes so much time.)

If you would sir. Please step into this small room containing a computer and bucket.

Pay no attention to me locking the door behind you, all is well.

On topic, I must admit that I am somewhat melancholic about this game's choice to further distance itself from i's original inspiration. Typing of the Dead. A true masterpiece.

1 hour ago, ChristFive said:

(But still i'm a little confused about why it takes so much time.)

Most has been explained in the wall of text, but the reasons are primarily:

1) Small team where there isn't enough resources to have more than one person doing NPCs due to the rest of the team being needed to do other things to keep the game moving along during dev for everyone getting updates. Expanding team with AAA AI experts would soon diminish the 'pot of gold' and make the company less stable, potentially leading to no NPCS EVER, so slow and steady wins over 'fast but if anything goes wrong run out of money'. Them being slow and delayed is ironically due to responsibility to make sure they are finished at all. Even if there were many AAA AI experts out there who were java experts too, considering all of AAA uses C++ not java. In short it's a very very difficult role to advertise for.  

2) The dev doing them needing to do other things intermittently to cover things only that dev can do due to prior experience or proximity to animator IRL or as stated before because there aren't enough resources to cover everything.

3) The dev needing to do businessy things as MD of a company like taxes and other boring stuff.

4) the dev needing breaks due to incessant NPC complaints destroying all sense of fun and excitement of them, and making NPCs associated with lots of negative stuff, that results in NPCs being very much a 'day job' unlike other features being made at fast speeds due to being done in spare time as a 'hobby' as well as for work, often in 12-14 hours stretches, all nighters and over weekends. 'Willing perpetual crunch, for fun' when dev is enjoying it. NPCs are very much 9-5 maximum, and are no longer welcome of my free time for own personal health and mental well being.

5) We were over zealous in our initial ambitions and goals being a more naive company in the earlier days. Got a bit carried away imagining the future of PZ. We're also true to our word and therefore have commited to delivering those lofty goals. They are extremely complicated and difficult, requiring a lot of research, learning and experience building, rethinks, reorganizations, and at least one do over.  This massive requirement of research and experience adds to the difficulty of getting more developers from the team in on the work requiring a long 'ramp up' time until anyone else could be productive on it, even if we could spare anyone.

6) There is huge expectation to live up to so it would be suicide to put them in in progressive stages of completeness like we do other features. There'd be nothing in theory stopping us putting some npcs in in a more basic state and moving code and features over as its refined, building on what's there, but it would be 'THIS IS IT AFTER ALL THIS TIME?!?!' apocalypse soonafter. Therefore they have to deliver pretty much everything we promised in the first version. As a mental exercise, imagine we had to do the same with the map: people would be still saying 'when are we getting more than this 300x300 tile alpha map?! Why the delays?!' and Muldraugh and Westpoint would be nowhere to be seen since we'd have to get Louisville and other areas in before you saw any of it.

7) It became obvious that trying to develop them alongside animations was a fools errand, so much needs changing for movement / combat, they need to come out after, and be developed after, animation overhaul.

8) Dev is human and has a life that may occasionally be complicated and interfere with ability to work either practically or mentally. Nice example: Dev is getting married this year. There are less nice examples too.

That all said dev will get NPCs out eventually and 5 years of steadfast commitment to the game should show that dev is serious about that.

28 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Dev is getting married this year.

Congrats :D

And it saddens me to see you down Lemmy :( Just know, that to me and many other PZ fans you are a true real world hero. We understand you're making something great (and complicated), that it will take time and most importantly that you can and will get it done. Not overnight or anything, as no one could do that :P But the point is, you're an amazing person trying to bring something new and awesome into the world for others like me, and I think I speak for most of us when I say we truly appreciate it and want the best for you :)

Many <3s from one of your many PZ fans :)

I probably sound more down in my mournful walls of text than I am actually. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am quite open on such things, it gets to me a lot sometimes, but rest assured I'm not like depressed or anything I'm just grumpy and sad and stressed about it. I appreciate the lovely words just want to make it clear I wasn't fishing, I just like having the truth out there on how stuff is and how it affects people.

Lemmy, although I have previously spent some time on these forums, I registered specifically to tell you just how grateful I am for you and the entire team. After watching Nomis Plays vids, I decided to give the game a shot in November with Build 32 and I have spent tons of hours in single player and in multiplayer. I paid full price and I'm glad I did. It's a great game (even unfinished), I love it, and I know the finished project will be fantastic when that time comes. Thanks so much!

On 27.4.2016 at 1:20 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Positional audio is one of the goals; it'll be using mumble for a back-end; it'll be customizable  for servers where possible. Even General Arcade isn't re-inventing the wheel, but it's a nice feature found commonly in MP games and regularly requested for PZ. There's no real reason not to do it.

Okay, this settles it for me then. I was actually worried we would end up with a server wide chat but this will work nicely.

I'm not against any new features, it's all bonus to me as a customer but I still have my rights to say what I think about the way the game feels. It is up to you if you want to take them in to account or not, but you shouldn't deliberately try to make me feel guilty about expressing them.

The rest is pretty much going to be off-topic towards VOIP feature,

My post wasn't even about the NPCs, I just used it as an example, but since you wrote NPC like over 40 times I think now I actually do have to respond to that somehow.

On 27.4.2016 at 1:16 AM, lemmy101 said:

For that matter I'm getting tired of a few people who aren't interested in a particular feature assuming that this preference applies to the entire playerbase and that development of the entire game should fit around their own personal wants. If we said 'right, NO MORE MP STUFF WILL BE DONE UNTIL NPCS ARE OUT' we'd just be doing a search and replace on the complaints we get on the forums and how we're focusing on NPCs too much, and this isn't fair to the MP communities, and how NPCs aren't really required when you have humans and humans are so much better to play with than dumb AI, and WHY IS THERE NO VOIP?! You CANNOT win.

Yup, you have to balance on a fine line. There are people who have been waiting for the NPCs so long they get automatically frustrated when you tell us about your great new features because they haven't seen a single glance of the NPCs. Give us a little of something.

I'm pretty sure I speak to many of us NPC-believers when I say I would be perfectly happy just to see a rarely spawned non-zombie NPC survivor equipped with a weapon and good loot in backbag. He could be friendly or hostily towards the player and identify himself with a shout when he sees you ("I'm warning you, back off!", "Come any closer and your infected brains end up on the floor!") or he could just shoot you right away. And if he would be friendly you could right click and choose "talk" to lessen boredom and depression.

Is this really so hard to code? Seeing as you are getting frustrated towards your own community, I would suggest doing a change of tactic and start to integrate the NPC system slowly by baby-steps instead of trying to showcase us a full npc system with companions and bartering.

Perhaps they would come faster if they weren't such a poisonous thing, a three letter acronym of the dark horrible side of PZ that makes most of the community groan and wince when they hear it, the cause of 99% of the stress and discord in the community, and maybe there'd be a lot more pep in development if the people who mention them so often didn't so often act so completely selfishly toward other features people are excited about or talk in such gross belittling terms about the work of other developers on the game. "Oh boy got to get those wonderful people their NPCs, don't want to let them down <3<3<3' If it weren't for all the wonderfully lovely and understanding people, and those who've never posted on the forums at all, nothing would give me more pleasure at this point than just canning them, tell you the truth. As it stands its all those I don't want to let down and why I'll work through the grime and muck and tears and get them out as promised. Sadly my lofty aspirations of them standing out as something special and unique has slowly been strangled over the past year or so, they are tainted and I just want them done and all that pleasure and love is long dead, so its only responsibility to those people that drives me now. 

This is something we can all relate to. When you add money and responsibility to something you are devoted and passionate about, it gets all fucked up like shit and strawberry cake. Its now a job instead of a pleasant hobby, but you still gotta finish it.
Not many people like what they do for living, but still end up doing it.

I'm just gonna quote your own words, maybe you can find some wisdom from them you could apply to this situation:

FAO EVERYONE. NEWSFLASH: There are a lot of people who own this game. NOT EVERY ONE OF THEM WANTS THE SAME THING AS YOU DO AND STOP BEING SELFISH TRYING TO DENY THEM IT JUST TO MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY.

Nice day to you too.

Edited by allu