Trait penalty for spawning a new character in multiplayer

keivi

I was playing a multiplayer game with another player (just us). We had just started a new server with new characters and at some point I started to recklessly kill zombies with a screwdriver (headshots) thinking I'm Conan the zombie slayer from the previous save. It got me killed, twice.

Seeing as the game was fairly fresh, I just spawned in a new character and basically I wasn't penalized much at all for the recklessness.

Here is my suggestion: You can enable "Only the good die young" mode where you can spawn a new character, but the cost of positive traits are increased by 1 point each time, thus making your build weaker each time you respawn. This, in addition to losing all your progress could make the price of death feel a bit more impactful.

If that system doesn't work, maybe you can lose a random positive trait, gain a random negative trait etc. I'm sure you catch my drift.

I reassure you.

If you die and respawn at the early days, it'll still be easy to survive but once there'll be no electricity and water,

you'll have a hard time.

I don't see the point of increasing by 1 point each time you die and respawn. Makes no sense.

You'll already taste the price of death once you survive long enough and then lose your character with a level 5 carpenter for example.

(I'm telling you that only if you're talking about your own server, not about a server you joined on the public list)

Don't get me wrong, I've played numerous long games and lost a lot of progress by dying. Your example of losing level 5 carpentry doesn't really impact that much. I would still like to have a trait penalty.

In other words, I know the current price of death, even with a lot of progress, and still would welcome this as an option for the server.

Feel free to disagree ofc.

23 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

:I not sure about that because I've had bull shit happen where i spawn in with the "Lucky trait" and get put into a room with at least 30 other zombies.

The lucky trait only affects your drop rate and repair chance by the way :)

In other words, I know the current price of death, even with a lot of progress, and still would welcome this as an option for the server.

I'd also welcome this option for a server.

The more there are options, the more it'll be customisable and the more fun it'll be. Or not.

It's just, that if i need to feel the impact of a death, i'd add the permadeath on the server. (extreme way)

Edited by Zapiboss

I welcome this suggestion too, it's not meant for the kind of player that works hard, it's for the one that feels the need to exploit the game (a lot of good people does that for a multitude of reasons), for example I tend to save-scum my way through RPG games, I hate it but I feel the urge to do that if I have the option.

If the negative side of dying is losing your skills, then the best thing to do if you wanna play reckless is just not to have any.

You'll just keep restarting so you don't need to take the game seriously, just rush through hordes, make stupid decisions, let them bite you as long as you get the loot as well, you'll just drop your bag somewhere and claim it back after the respawn.

Of course one can't be forced to play a game in a certain way, but there are people that likes to be forced, and having the option for this would help