IWBUMS 34.18

EasyPickins

IWBUMS 34.18

The "Easy Co-op Test" is now on the IWBUMS branch, with these changes.

• Added an editor for spawnpoints.lua files to the server-settings editor.
  • Fixed adding sheetropes not consuming items in multiplayer.
  • When an installed Workshop item is added in the server-settings editor, all mods in that Workshop item are added to the Mods list.  When a mod is added, any maps in that mod are added to the Maps list.  So adding a Workshop item adds it's mods which adds those mod's maps automatically.
  • An error is displayed if a client attempts to accept an invite while in-game or when not at the main menu screen.  Previously, the invite was ignored in these situations.
  • All friends are displayed in the Invite Friends screen along with their online/offline/etc state.
  • Instead of drawing individual drops, rain textures are drawn across the whole scene.  The textures are chosen based on the intensity of the rain.  Rain splashes may appear on every level (such as flat roofs), not just ground level.  The textures aren't final.

To access IWBUMs, check the following link: 

Easy Co-Op FAQ

I'm losing all my progress every time it updates because it says my client doesn't match.  I've logged 14 days survival time because i've kept my character, but i've built 5 buildings and lost every single one of them.  What am I doing wrong? I'm losing my mind and about to give up on this really great game.  my error message says 

client version (34.18 IWBUMS) does not match server version (34.15 IWBUMS)

26 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I'm losing all my progress every time it updates because it says my client doesn't match.  I've logged 14 days survival time because i've kept my character, but i've built 5 buildings and lost every single one of them.  What am I doing wrong? I'm losing my mind and about to give up on this really great game.  my error message says 

client version (34.18 IWBUMS) does not match server version (34.15 IWBUMS)

Files aren't deleted when the game updates.  Your error is that the server hasn't been updated to the same version your client is running.

1 minute ago, EasyPickins said:

Files aren't deleted when the game updates.  Your error is that the server hasn't been updated to the same version your client is running.

How do you update the server?  I apologize again I'm not the most computer savvy and I know this is my fault.

3 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

How do you update the server?  I apologize again I'm not the most computer savvy and I know this is my fault.

Whoever installed the server in the first place needs to update it.

• If it was installed using SteamCMD, simply run the same command that was used to install the server in the first place.
  • If it was installed from Steam's Tools menu (Project Zomboid Dedicated Server), then it should be updated automatically, just make sure the server it is on the IWBUMS branch as well.
  • If you're hosting a server using the Host button, there is no need to update the server (it's always the same as the client version).

8 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

Whoever installed the server in the first place needs to update it.

• If it was installed using SteamCMD, simply run the same command that was used to install the server in the first place.
  • If it was installed from Steam's Tools menu (Project Zomboid Dedicated Server), then it should be updated automatically, just make sure the server it is on the IWBUMS branch as well.
  • If you're hosting a server using the Host button, there is no need to update the server (it's always the same as the client version).

How to fix this? (updated to 34.18 through SteamCMD)

vPYpwSo.png

Fresh install through SteamCMD gives the same error

r0Je7yh.png

By the end server just crashes.

Edited by Oneline

21 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Stupid question, isn't that supposed to be the IWBUMS 34.16 ?

At least now i can see sleepNeeded in the server options ! thanks !!

Not every release number gets to see the light, the builds 34.16 and 34.17 should be things they added and progress making behind the curtains, in internal testing. And 34.18 is the one that now is ready to go on public testing :)

14 minutes ago, EUDOXIO said:

Not every release number gets to see the light, the builds 34.16 and 34.17 should be things they added and progress making behind the curtains, in internal testing. And 34.18 is the one that now is ready to go on public testing :)

Oh! ok ok !thanks dude for explaination :D (i was wondering whythey jumped some release or just me missed some :D)

Versions from 34.15 to 34.17 have been part of the publoc online test branch which is over now, that's not important anymore. (There's a locked thread about this on this section of the forum)

---------------------

• Added an editor for spawnpoints.lua files to the server-settings editor.

Which means easier group spawn point selection? I'll admit it took way more time than expected for me to realize that the third 0 was the coordinate for the height

On a side note, the "o" and "0" font are completely identical It's a bit annoying since you have to either ask the player if that' a o or a 0 or test every combination manually (it's not the end of the world though)

Edited by Livio Persemprio

8 hours ago, Oneline said:

How to fix this? (updated to 34.18 through SteamCMD)

Spoiler

vPYpwSo.png

Fresh install through SteamCMD gives the same error

Spoiler

r0Je7yh.png

By the end server just crashes.

That's a missing DLL, try running this one on the server machine:

ProjectZomboid\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe