Radio Translation Files

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

So a little update (which i think will also answer your question @Sky_Orc_Mm ), the currently finished translations have been compiled to a final translation file that will be added to the game shortly.

This will also include a display of credits like so:
2809f2eb7d238b984c1c24551c83eca9.png
To come back on a earlier question by @LeoIvanov about wether charactars like cyrillic and such is allowed for the credits names in translation files, it would be great if those are "normal" characters only so the names can be displayed correctly at all times.

The recently collected fixes have also been incorperated into the radio data and a new version has been created, resulting in a new package of translation files containing only the fixed lines.
The new package is added to the start post.

A little about these latest translation files.
The program simply records any change to lines in its versioning, including small markup changes like adding a missing dot.
Since these are minor changes (and sometimes a case like a missing dot may already have been corrected in the translation) the program will try to retrieve the last recorded translation for a line and add it to the new translation files in its commented section.

Example:

//3. ORIGINAL [#FF00B050]: LBMW ask the questions...
    // last record = La LBMW hace las preguntas..
    fb720674-250f-41ca-b269-e5e69da97c0c =

Here the changed line's new version is:

//3. ORIGINAL [#FF00B050]: LBMW ask the questions...

and judging by the last record of the translation the fix was changing the trailing 2 dots to 3.

// last record = La LBMW hace las preguntas..

So the last record can be easily copy pasted and the small fix applied.

Lastly, the manual of wordzed also has a little section going into the versioning/translation behind the scenes a bit more for those interested.
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21318-wordzed/
Though WordZed itself is never required for translating, its managing of the radio content and translations is for authors only.

Regards,
Turbo

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Is that in the Turkish translation DemirHerif?

I checked Russian and they all seemed to be there. Will get Turbo onto it when he's online.

In cmd it says:

:: Searching for radio data files:

[Failure] Cannot parse file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData.xml

:: Searching for translation files:
 Found file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData_ES.txt
 Found file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData_FR.txt
 Found file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData_PL.txt
 Found file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData_RU.txt
 Found file: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\radio\RadioData_TR.txt

4 hours ago, Tupese said:

Im redacting a full translation to Spanish from the radio! . I will update in a few days

Are you working with Ditoseadio? Because I think there already exists a Spanish translation for the radio / TV content (see posts above ) 

Hey, I'd like to get started on the Italian translation if it still hasn't been thought of.
One generic question I have is: how literal does the translation have to be? Many of these lines don't render well at all when translated without adding or changing words (with the same meaning mind you), idioms, and punctuation.
So how much can I change keeping in mind the phrase lenght as well?

I'd like to point out a typo I haven't seen in the corrections.

Spoiler

//71. ORIGINAL: ...and contains the small towns of Muldraugh and West Point.
    f11b8d7a-0948-4a12-91f8-637fa2591f67 =

Missing space after dots.

Edited by AcidSeth

On 15.11.2016 at 3:47 PM, AcidSeth said:

-snip-

As a general rule you can take that your target audience are Italian PZ players and what you translate are mostly TV/radio news/broadcasts. Translate it so what you translated is natural to read in your language. It's not a legal contract full of law-specific vocabulary, where 100% translation accuracy is needed. I'd suggest you translate it so a generic Italian player would be able to understand everything - so if there is an English idiom that has no equivalent in Italian - use Italian idiom of similar meaning and change the rest of the paragraph accordingly while not going extremely far from what it means in English. This process is called "localisation" (one of techniques in translation). Hope it helps.

Edited by Geras

2 hours ago, Geras said:

-snap-

Sure did help. I'm all set for translating, but never approached it in bulk. 

1 hour ago, Teesee said:

Also, someone called d00de was working on the general content translation for IT. Maybe you could ask him a few things for harmonisation purpose?

Thanks, I'll make sure to reach out. In the free time I had today I translated some 100 lines, but come to think of it it might have been useless if such work has already been done. Maybe he has some guidelines as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Japanese translation update v0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55yeao829x21g63/RadioData_0_JP.txt?dl=0

Japanese translation update v1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mywwx3vis4ftxu/RadioData_1_JP.txt?dl=0

Please use these:-)

edit: February  7th

There were errors in the previous these file, so I corrected and upload them.

I'm sorry.

Edited by alicia_praesepe
correct and upload

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...