Radio Translation Files

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Batsphinx said:

It's entirely up to you guys whether you want real names or internet names. Or, alternatively, something like Thibaut 'Teesee' Cadez that we often use too.

Your hybrid version is perfect to me. I actually dreamt of it!

I have some doubts about the corrections and original documents equivalents lines:

DOUBT 1:

Correction doc: line 3157  $15.99, plus postage and packing!

Original doc:    line 3157   It is central to my belief that there is another place.

DOUBT 2:

Correction doc: line 2642   I realise that lessons were learned from the entire Raleigh episode.

Original doc:     line 2642   ... I wonder if they actually learned something from Raleigh.

Why are SO different? Is it a mistake? 

Two questions for our glorious @Batsphinx and @turbotutone :

1 - I'm correcting the sentences you gave us, everything's ok, but should I change anything in the [Info] field yet?

2 - What name shall we give to our reviewed and corrected Radio/TV translation file?

Thank you!

EDIT : MOAR QUESTIONS

- Same remark as ditoseadio about the line 3157 correction.

Edited by Teesee

7 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Hmm - 3157 looks like a mistake on my part, the 'Raleigh episode' one is correct though. Will check it out tomorrow.

Turbo will be around to answer Teesee's questions this evening I think :)

I've checked the file looking for "$15.99 plus postage and packing" and 3157 should be 4157. The correction in itself is good (replacing the ending dot with an exclamation mark) but the actual line is 4157.

Also Bats, be careful as there are a few "duplicated" lines showing both the former and corrected lines. It's not much of a problem knowing which one's the new one, but let's avoid misunderstandings ^^

Edited by Teesee

Eya everyone,

I skimmed over the questions earlier and was going to do a informative post with the release of wordzed thats comming shortly which will address the whole language stuff in more detail.
However it appears some have been applying the fixes of the recently posted "Radio and TV corrections.xlsx" on their version 0 translation files, which i failed to notice.

To be clear:
"Radio and TV corrections.xlsx" fixes should NOT be applied on the current set of translation files.

So for everyone that has been applying the fixes on their files, do you have a pre-fixes copy of your file? (if not i might have a older version on disk)

Secondly, could everybody that has a complete translation file ready (re)post a link to the pre-fixes version below my post here? so we have a clear overview of what the correct versions should be.

Sorry for the confusion people :(. I hope everyone has a pre-fix backup, if you do however experience loss of data due to this send me a pm, like mentioned i might be able to dig up a old version or in the very least have the program output something to aid the reversion to old state.

The actual translation fixes will come in new zip file with version number 1 (current version being 0), these will be posted when WordZed is released soon along with the earlier mentioned informative section.

10 hours ago, turbotutone said:

Eya everyone,

I skimmed over the questions earlier and was going to do a informative post with the release of wordzed thats comming shortly which will address the whole language stuff in more detail.
However it appears some have been applying the fixes of the recently posted "Radio and TV corrections.xlsx" on their version 0 translation files, which i failed to notice.

To be clear:
"Radio and TV corrections.xlsx" fixes should NOT be applied on the current set of translation files.

So for everyone that has been applying the fixes on their files, do you have a pre-fixes copy of your file? (if not i might have a older version on disk)

Secondly, could everybody that has a complete translation file ready (re)post a link to the pre-fixes version below my post here? so we have a clear overview of what the correct versions should be.

Sorry for the confusion people :(. I hope everyone has a pre-fix backup, if you do however experience loss of data due to this send me a pm, like mentioned i might be able to dig up a old version or in the very least have the program output something to aid the reversion to old state.

The actual translation fixes will come in new zip file with version number 1 (current version being 0), these will be posted when WordZed is released soon along with the earlier mentioned informative section.

Original Spanish Translation (not fixed) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xis7zrmmk7a7nc/RadioData_0_ES.txt?dl=0