Radio Translation Files

Hey there @Batsphinx, I need clarification for these lines :

Taken from WLBN News :

Speaker asks :  //2632. ORIGINAL: ... in the Knox Event do you see history repeating?
Guy answers :  //2633. ORIGINAL: I hope not. I see activity, and I see action.
//2634. ORIGINAL: That was sorely lacking in Raleigh.

So far so good, but right after the same guy says :

//2641. ORIGINAL: And when I look at how efficient the response to the Event has been...

//2642. ORIGINAL: ... I wonder if they actually learned something from Raleigh.

So that dude looks pleased with how the CDC responded to the Event (as compared to how Raleigh was handled), but then says he's not pleased with how they're dealing with the Event?

Is it me misreading the lines or is there an actual contradiction within this dude's (Iain Sweetman) thoughts?

EDIT : Also, there's a conflict between Dawn Stephenson VS Dawn Stevenson on WLBN. You'll have to choose which one's the best :P

Edited by Teesee
Added a discovered mistake

More errors:

//3746. ORIGINAL: Ah, so you deigned to join us Mr Wellen QC? - Mr
//3750. ORIGINAL: There, next to Ms Tupper-Waring. - Ms
//3796. ORIGINAL: <bang!>  <bang> - double space + in other places you used * instead of <>
//3800. ORIGINAL: Mr James, this court has found you not guilty... - Mr
//3806. ORIGINAL: Congratulations Mr Wellen. - as above
//3810. ORIGINAL: <Applause in Courtroom> - for noise like that you used *
//3815. ORIGINAL: For $3000: your answer is 'Newcastle' - no dot
//3934. ORIGINAL: I see the fool that who hurled ArchDuke OldWorld into the Chaos Abyss is among us? - that who
//3948. ORIGINAL: Sponsored by Spiffos™! - Teesee pointed this out earlier: should be Spiffo's

//3948. ORIGINAL: Sponsored by Spiffos™! - as above
//1112. ORIGINAL: I was getting lunch in Spiffos. - as above
//3964. ORIGINAL: music Hug bunnies! music - lower case bunnies
//3962. ORIGINAL: music Hug Bunnies! music - upper case bunnies
//4035. ORIGINAL: And Zachary, would you like to play on the see-saw. - shouldn't it end with a question mark?
//4045. ORIGINAL: That elegant swiss fondue set? £33.99 - GPB?
//4086. ORIGINAL: Moley the mole? Doesn't his nose twitch adorably? - lower case mole. Other animals were upper case.
//4098. ORIGINAL: Let's help you your little friend here... Let's help you your ?
//3388. ORIGINAL: Four planks! Four nails! One knob! One hinge! - two hinges
//3404. ORIGINAL: Take three pieces of wood - planks maybe - no dot
//3405. ORIGINAL: Then you need fuel. Anything that burns. - any starter? wood is fuel :)

//3439. ORIGINAL: And if you want to be a bit more decadent? One word: - see below
//3440. ORIGINAL: Meat patty! - that's two words :)

EDIT:

//3584. ORIGINAL: How you doing? You're on the Cook Channel! - Cook Show?

EDIT 2:

//3593. ORIGINAL: So let's support the our boys, people. the our?
//3616. ORIGINAL: Thanks for joining us. We have an announcement on the Knox crisis: - lower case crisis
1756-1768 - double spaces
//1953. ORIGINAL: music And now yessir I'm sinking.. music- dot after tag

Obsolete tent kit recipe:

//3466. ORIGINAL: What I did have was four tent pegs - and four sheets.
//3467. ORIGINAL: Using a stick I found foraging I built... this.

@Teesee

IMO: put stress on actually while reading and it makes more sense. I think they have learnt because of the activity and whatnot.

Edited by Geras
a few more mistakes found and added

Mistakes from my side. Please note that I didn't check what Geras already posted, so there may be duplicates.

//1678. ORIGINAL: Knox Hitz! Your style, your music! → Should it be "Hits" or is the "Hitz" intentional?

//1693. ORIGINAL: We're over because… → Should there be the “music” image or not?

//1765. ORIGINAL: You just know, right where I'll be. → Should there be the “music” image or not?

//1781. ORIGINAL: music  I need more and more each day! music→ There’s an extra space before “I”

//1845. ORIGINAL: by The Question → The ending dot is missing.

//1849-1858 : Inconsistency with some trailing dots having a space before the text comes, some not.

//1867-1891 : Same inconsistency.

//1953. ORIGINAL: music And now yessir I'm sinking.. music . → The final dot is misplaced, and is the “yessir” intended or not?

//1961. ORIGINAL: music My boy once asked me, before he went away. → the second music image is missing

//1966. ORIGINAL: Now why don't y'all ask me what happened twenty years later? → Are the music images missing?

//1986. ORIGINAL: We're nowhere near! → Are the music images missing?

//2774. ORIGINAL: Thank you Richard. Come the reports coming. → I guess it should be “keep” and not “come”.

//2782. ORIGINAL: People are in a bad way, but they are panicked and confused. → I don’t quite get the opposition. They can be all this, all at once.

//2815. ORIGINAL: The Knox Event has us all wired up → The ending dot is missing.

//2854. ORIGINAL: We've been told this is to: 'remove any element of doubt'. → Should probably end with trailing dots, regarding the following line.

//2876. ORIGINAL: They don't want to risk more riots → The ending dot is missing.

//2928. ORIGINAL: FUCK THIS SHIT → Maybe a missing exclamation mark?

@Geras : stressing the "actually" doesn't solve my reading issue. The "I wonder if" marks a doubt / negative thought which contradicts the fact that he first says he thinks they DID learn something. I hope I'm being clear ^^

Polish translation finished (I've left line 1343 blank: the '[cine plex advert]'):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf73ot3g68a0jln/RadioData_0_PL.txt?dl=0

More mistakes:

//1491. ORIGINAL: <click> <bzz> <fzzz> - should be <bzzt> <fzzt> for consistency
//1564. ORIGINAL: *cough* I know what people will think. - bodily noises use <>?
//1576. ORIGINAL: *cough* For me it's over. Whatever else happens to you... - as above
//1601. ORIGINAL: <distant explosion> - <> or **
//1633. ORIGINAL: <brrr> - <bzzt>?
//1732. ORIGINAL: Warning shots - no dot
//3169. ORIGINAL: You know why we're here.. - missing dot
//3190. ORIGINAL: *sigh* - bodily noises go with <>?
//3309. ORIGINAL: Take a trowel. - we can now farm with a shovel as well, can't we?
//3319. ORIGINAL: Everywhere I go, good friends say 'Thank you Doctor Cox' - no dot
//3325. ORIGINAL: Now, I stood on the scales the other day. . - missing dot
//3346. ORIGINAL: Now hows about some shelves?  - how about?
//4423. ORIGINAL: Hello there old boy! Pip pip! - more of a question: what is that 'Pip pip!'?

turbotutone, Batsphinx, I have got a problems during translation.

In plain "RadioData_0_*.txt" not always clear:
1. when dialog starts and when dialog ends?
2. who talk: man or woman? In russian language there is difference. If man <saw> something we write: "видел". If woman <saw> something we write "видела".

So it's very hard to make right translation.

I've tried to join "RadioData_0_*.txt" + "RadioData.xml" but message id in them are differ.

I need an instrument to solve this problems: file with this information, or program tool, or somthing other.

turbotutone, Batsphinx, I think this can be solution with less blood.

Take translation files "RadioData_0_*.txt" from all official translators (LeoIvanov for russian) and put in them comments about gender of speaker, beginning/ending of a dialog and maybe another helping information regarding to this Batsphinx's post above.

Edited by lordixi

Hey there, the French team is going slowly but we're something like a thousand lines away from the end... yeepeekayeah!

Anyway, here comes a new bunch of mistakes :

//2021. ORIGINAL: A military perimeter set up almost overnight → The ending dot is missing.

//2043. ORIGINAL: I'd be confused too, if I woke up someone built a military cordon round me! → I’m unsure whether this one’s grammatically correct or not.

//2154. ORIGINAL: We haven't been ready for a long time.' → Missing quotation mark

//2157. ORIGINAL: People just don't what to do, and the military don't know what to do with them. → The word “what” is missing.

//2219. ORIGINAL: The Army is biding its time. Makiing sure we stay safe. → There’s a double i in “making”

//2246. ORIGINAL: From I will be able to provide more answers. → Not sure if the “from” should be here, and there probably should be traling dots in the end.

//2269. ORIGINAL: These images show today's  running battle between masked youths… → Double-space between “today’s” and “running”

//2464. ORIGINAL: Watch this on the VT... those people aren't human. → I guess it should be TV and not VT.

//3117. ORIGINAL: People who sustained infected attacks in yesterday's chaotic scenes → The ending dot is missing.

//3169. ORIGINAL: You know why we're here.. → There’s either a dot missing, or one too much.

//3319. ORIGINAL: Everywhere I go, good friends say 'Thank you Doctor Cox' → The ending dot is missing.

//3346. ORIGINAL: Now hows about some shelves? → I don’t know if “hows” is okay or a typo for “how”.

Getting closer and closer to the end here in France... that's the final batch of mistakes, I promise !

//3529. ORIGINAL: It had NO idea that Scandinavia was such an AMAZING place! → I think it should be “I had”.

//3796. ORIGINAL: <bang!>  <bang> → The two bangs aren’t identical. Maybe remove the exclamation mark ?

//3801. ORIGINAL: ... of the crimes of assault and theft from Greggs the Pastry-makers. → Shouldn’t it be “maker” and not “makers” ?

//3813. ORIGINAL: Paul, you're on $2000 dollars! Well done! → There’s a repetition between the dollar sign and the word “dollar” itself.

//3847. ORIGINAL: Robert Johnson, you're on $1000 dollars! Well done! → There’s a repetition between the dollar sign and the word “dollar” itself.

//4035. ORIGINAL: And Zachary, would you like to play on the see-saw. → Missing interrogation mark at the end.

//4085. ORIGINAL: I.... Die! → Maybe one trailing dot too much ?

//4157. ORIGINAL: $15.99, plus postage and packing¬ → Typo at the end of the line.

//4204. ORIGINAL: Fluffyfoot the Fluffy Bunny? Have you ever seen a rabbit so fluffily scrumptious?” → There’s an unexpected quotation mark at the end

//4220. ORIGINAL: Hi there Spiffo! Who's your little friend?” → There’s an unexpected quotation mark at the end

//4241. ORIGINAL: LBMW this morning: tellin' us to 'stay indoors' → There’s no ending dot.

//4333. ORIGINAL: You'll just need to find a way to distract  the… → There’s an extra space after “distract”

//4481. ORIGINAL: Well I know where I'm going? → The question mark looks off.

//4497. ORIGINAL: Come visit 'I *heart* Wok and Rolls today! → There’s probably a missing quotation mark somewhere.

//4516. ORIGINAL: music  Do the robot dance music→ There’s an extra space before the “do”.

//4519. ORIGINAL: Dr. Oids, Rated Universal → There’s no ending mark.

//4558. ORIGINAL: I'm Joe McKenzie, and I run the Knox Country Pony Roam-O → There’s no ending mark.

//4559. ORIGINAL: Horse's our the finest animals our nation has to offer. → I think this sentence is messed up pretty bad.

Edited by Teesee

• 2 weeks later...
On 08.06.2016 at 10:48 PM, Batsphinx said:

Awesome stuff DemirHerif!

Lordixi - I just realised I haven't sent you something to help you. I'll send it tomorrow when I'm on my main PC :)

Thanks but this language needs Latin Extended Chars (â,Â,ş,Ş,ç,Ç,ı,İ,ö,Ö,ü,Ü,ğ,Ğ) in radio font. Without this chars, radio texts are doesn't seen correctly.

And dialogs are awesome! Thanks to Turbo :)

• 3 weeks later...

good day to all. i am from russian group of localizators and i have some questions to developers of TV/Radio

Spoiler

on maps of which year you oriented when started to make this game? present maps or of 1993 year?

in broadcasting there was mentioning of Raleigh? in which state, according to game lore, it is situated? and what its connection with current pandemia?

what connection of this sentences between each other

in first part we have a discussion that 
1.they`ve got close to the border of Kentucky and they can`t get past border because of military blockade
or
2.that they started broadcasting but then remebered that not all people have radio in their homes
//1726. ORIGINAL: Good afternoon Kentucky!
22b8139f-5085-4759-bc59-c5e98e57ddec = Добрый день, Кентукки!
//1727. ORIGINAL: Or as close as we can get.
27148a9c-bdda-4a11-9b53-3dfb194989ec = ???

and this
1.some of us think Janine started her broadcasting and when she wanted to introduce her companion she replied HOLY HELL on the news that zombie event is happening
2.other think that it`s just her usual greeting
//1838. ORIGINAL: Janine here with the best in music until six...
83c353ea-579a-4bb7-b4d6-d2d8e389fc4f = ???
//1839. ORIGINAL: ... that and a side helping of HOLY HELL.
3cf58f14-9ea8-45f6-9b92-f84e65b08054 = ???

Hi Larnest, are you working with Lordixi?

a) "on maps of which year you oriented when started to make this game? present maps or of 1993 year?"

I'm sorry I don't understand this question? The game is set in 1993 though?

b)  "in broadcasting there was mentioning of Raleigh? in which state, according to game lore, it is situated? and what its connection with current pandemia?"

Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina. I can neither confirm nor deny a connection to the Knox Event.

c)  2.that they started broadcasting but then remebered that not all people have radio in their homes
//1726. ORIGINAL: Good afternoon Kentucky!
22b8139f-5085-4759-bc59-c5e98e57ddec = Добрый день, Кентукки!
//1727. ORIGINAL: Or as close as we can get.
27148a9c-bdda-4a11-9b53-3dfb194989ec = ???

The reference here isn't about distance, but instead that it's far from a good afternoon!

d)  1.some of us think Janine started her broadcasting and when she wanted to introduce her companion she replied HOLY HELL on the news that zombie event is happening
2.other think that it`s just her usual greeting

This is just the radio host doing her usual sort of patter. It's like saying: "and also, everything's gone to hell!"

@Batsphinx I think the first question can be turned into something like "Is the map based on the area nowadays or the way it was in 1993?"

I don't see how that's related to the topic, though. And I guess you didn't use Google maps to stick to the actual setup of the area, so my guess is that the answer is "neither".