Overhaul for sheet ropes

ditoseadio

I think the sheet ropes should be overhaul with the purpose to difficult of using, because it's the easiest way to have a completely secure base.

For example, it would be logical that we can not use them in any way when we have damaged hands.
Also we are unable to use them, when we have overweight or underweight traits. The same for when we are heavily loaded.

It also would be nice if zombies could break them when hitting from below.

I think just adding a weight limit to the rope might be sufficient, maybe make it so that you cant use it if your weight is above 10 or add a increasing chance to break so you cold end up hurting yourself if you try to carry too much

also the ability to reverse directions while climbing would be amazing since there have been times were I've run into zombies at the bottom that I was unable to see before climbing out.

Sheet ropes are a life saver in Bedford Falls, so many of the large buildings have issues with their stairs where you can go up them but not back down them. Without sheet ropes you'd get stuck up there.  Maybe a server setting so some people can choose to reduce their functionality could be a good idea. For those of us who play on private servers and like them as they are, the current setup is fine. 

I prefer some check value that tell us can we just use sheet ropes to climb down or also climb up (yes lets seperate those 2 actions). If that value is low you cant climb up/down or thers risk that you will fall.

That value would be calculated based on few things like (+), nimble skill, strenght, (-) hand injuries, weight (you + gear you have with you), height (of building).

So there might be situations that some characters will be able to climp up to 4th lvl, some can just climb down and only from 2lvl max etc.

So sheet ropes are still in game but only a specific build character will be able to use them.

Edited by Zorak

12 hours ago, Zorak said:

I prefer some check value that tell us can we just use sheet ropes to climb down or also climb up (yes lets seperate those 2 actions). If that value is low you cant climb up/down or thers risk that you will fall.

That value would be calculated based on few things like (+), nimble skill, strenght, (-) hand injuries, weight (you + gear you have with you), height (of building).

I really like this could make bases and character building a lot more interesting and encourage stair routes into bases as well.

Though it makes it hard to reconcile with people who want a more base-building experience so maybe have the current setup be an option that you can change

I think that the risk of falling is a bit bad. It basically throws your life into the roll of a dice. Maybe make it so instead there's a chance of it breaking when you're at the bottom (you grab it to climb up and it pulls the nail out). That way there is no injury.

Also if someone could set sheet ropes to only allow climbing down, you could get zombie accessible houses on MP but still allow players to use sheet ropes as an escape.