dangalong

I made this mod because I wanted a way to preserve some meat with a shelf-life similar to vanilla jarred vegetables. Other mods I saw with similar functions were outdated and/or bugged, so I made my own. This one is compatible with build 33.2.

How it works: You need level 5 cooking to start. It only works on cut meat from wild game (rodents, birds, squirrels, and rabbits), fillets from caught fish, and frog meat from foraged frogs. You can also cure the Rabbit Cutlets from my Rabbit Pelt Tanning mod. Get some salt on the meat first, then cook the salted meat to cure it. The salting and curing process takes some extra time to do than for normal cooking. Canning Salt from Deadend's Canning Mod is also usable along with base salt. Cured meats have a shelf-life of 60-90 days and can be used in cooking recipes.

Note: Make sure you only salt meat that is uncooked, then cook it after salting to actually cure it correctly. If you try to do it the other way around, either on accident or to avoid the longer cooking time on salted meat, then you will just waste your salt. Because the item that comes out that way will look the same as the preserved version of that item, but it won't actually be preserved and will have a normal freshness duration instead. This is intentional.

Future plans for this mod: Later on I may add the ability to cure meats from the extra animals in UngratefulDead's Hunting Mod.

Update: Made compatible with nutrition system in build 34.

Update: Added ability to cure Frog Meat that comes from slicing frogs gained by foraging.

Download: CureWildMeatV2.1.zip

Edited by dangalong
updated mod version