If it's any consolation to any out there...

lemmy101

Oh heck no! How can you possibly have time for other games!? You must spend every waking moment, (and all of your dream time) working on this game! You can't be wasting time playing other games, or eating, or relieving your bowels! The nerve of some people, taking time to "play" while we are sitting here, waiting on three letters I can't say. 

No! Get back to work!

Enigma, give me one of those pitchforks.

3 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

in a circumstance I'm not able to disclose - I'm having the NPC wait / disappointment experience myself about another game I'm super excites about. The pain is real.

Enjoy your Schadenfreude!!

Is that game a Half Life 3 ?

3 hours ago, Cithanor said:

Oh heck no! How can you possibly have time for other games!? You must spend every waking moment, (and all of your dream time) working on this game! You can't be wasting time playing other games, or eating, or relieving your bowels! The nerve of some people, taking time to "play" while we are sitting here, waiting on three letters I can't say. 

No! Get back to work!

Enigma, give me one of those pitchforks.

Well, I'm not EG, but I can hand out Pitchforks. Shame I only handed out a licence, really. :P

Now that you know that pain, help make sure no one else experiences it for any longer than they have to:

*In the arms of an angel starts playing as video pans over the anguished faces of project zomboid players*

You can stop this.

On 22/4/2016 at 11:04 AM, lemmy101 said:

in a circumstance I'm not able to disclose - I'm having the NPC wait / disappointment experience myself about another game I'm super excites about. The pain is real.

Enjoy your Schadenfreude!!

I wonder what that game is.

*Still gets a ptichfork*

Personally I don't get the appeal of NPC's, the only game similar to this that I've seen NPC's done correctly has been This War of Mine. 

Every other game has fetch style quests that send you all over the map looking for items. 

Spoken like someone who knows very little of my taste in games or more specifically what games I find confusing and scary and stress me out :D I had a conversation with RingoD literally today that started 'so what is this overwatch that everyone's going on about?'

Anyway in summary I'm a gamer and a human and know damn well how hard and frustrating it can be. I also know how seeing reminders pop up reminding you you haven't got it are frustrating as all hell which makes me only feel more confident we're making the right move keeping shtum until they close. :D

12 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

Spoken like someone who knows very little of my taste in games or more specifically what games I find confusing and scary and stress me out :D I had a conversation with RingoD literally today that started 'so what is this overwatch that everyone's going on about?'

Anyway in summary I'm a gamer and a human and know damn well how hard and frustrating it can be. I also know how seeing reminders pop up reminding you you haven't got it are frustrating as all hell which makes me only feel more confident we're making the right move keeping shtum until they close. :D

I'm assuming you read "Overland" as "Overwatch". Overland is much different, an indie game set in the apocalypse with a similar play style to Oregon Trail. Google it, you might be interested. The reason I figured it was Overland is because the day you posted this, the devs of Overland gave out 500 alpha keys to people on their mailing list. Basically the timing was impeccable.