Project Zomboid Map Editor Tutorials

On YouTube I've been making tutorials of the basics of project zomboids Map editor tools. right now I am finishing up with the building editor. if I missed anything let me know and I'll make sure to make tutorial covering it here is part one  for more tutorials check out my channel Doge's Creator

Edited by Doge's Creator

Assuming you use the Isometric-Mode.

To "rotate" stairs, all you have to do is:

- choose the tile where you want the stairs and hover over it,

- inside the "chosen" tile, you move your cursor left or right, to rotate the stairs. (then left-click to place it).

ddqEjRE.jpg

7vlcCP3.jpg

For now there are only 2 "directions" you can "rotate" stairs, not 4.  

• 2 weeks later...

The few selections of stairs and not being able to rotate them is a serious flaw when it comes to creating your own content. Could it not be added for custom content at their own peril? I'm making my home town and I ran into this problem at the first building. I'm sure others have encountered this problem as well. It might become so annoying that I'll give up on the project. Saying no to this is unacceptable when it comes to community content.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for these videos.

Tell me, is there any way for me to pull structures from an existing Multiplayer map? Or take a map complete with player made structures on a multiplayer server and transfer it for editing?

My friend and I love the multiplayer server we are on. The player made structures ALL OVER the map and giant fort we made are terrific. But We wanted to try the same map with the same structures in a smaller scale with 4 of us privately and increase zombie activity, events, etc

In essence, we want the same map but with different rule setups than the server runs.

Well for that you'd have to ask the map creator for the files of the buildings. Which map did you want the buildings from? (If it's a default map then sorry buddy but doubt you be getting those files) Or maybe you can extract the building files but thats the only way i know how.

• 1 year later...