Queen Glory's buildings thread!

DresdenBBQ

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 10:35 AM, Atoxwarrior said:

I need some barns, stables and chicken coops.
I do not know if you could help me with the construction of these for a rural area of the map Eerie Country would be much appreciated. :)

Gone for Easter, I haven't made many buildings recently because of the sheer amount of them hitting the workshop and such, and there are people who are just plain better at it, but i'll see what i can do in the free time.

4 hours ago, Nonjojålol said:

I almost finished making the Præstengbrygga like a year ago. I should finish it and upload it here one day. You can google Præstengbrygge to see how it looks like.

I googled "Præstengbrygge" (copy pasted because praestengbrygge didnt get any results either) and it just showed me a bunch of ladies making bathroom selfies in black and red dresses and a slightly hurt hand that belongs to a presumably married human?

5 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Gone for Easter, I haven't made many buildings recently because of the sheer amount of them hitting the workshop and such, and there are people who are just plain better at it, but i'll see what i can do in the free time.

dont let those bring you down trooper you make amazing buildings and i like the queen glory athmosphere they have :) 

Edited by zoeyflower

On 18.4.2017 at 9:32 PM, zoeyflower said:

I googled "Præstengbrygge" (copy pasted because praestengbrygge didnt get any results either) and it just showed me a bunch of ladies making bathroom selfies in black and red dresses and a slightly hurt hand that belongs to a presumably married human?

My bad. Search Præstengbrygga. With an a at the end.

• 4 months later...

Yeah that's like fine, you're able to use anything on this thread, last update I did on anything here was me updating all the indoor names so they *spawn stuff* 

On 9/17/2017 at 2:32 AM, VikiDikiRUS said:

Yo, comrade, I will use trailer on my map, ok?

If they don't spawn stuff for some reason, i'll go back and fix them or you could.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, Queen Glory said:

Just finished a new house, it's quaint and simple and gets it's job done, i've learned a lot about the building editor and worlded thanks to the lovely guide from TIS so expect to see this thread a bit more active in the future!

you can find it at this dropbox here for anyone to use 

Picture of House 1.PNG

(Sorry about not being able to show the whole first floor, only allows uploads of maximum 4mb and the highest a single pic can be is one mb, but hey maybe you should download it and see for yourself!)

Hide contents

2nd Floor.PNGMain Floor.PNG

On the first floor of the garage there is a window that is out of the house (West Side).

4 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

On the first floor of the garage there is a window that is out of the house (West Side).

Unfortunately I do not have access to the building anymore to fix it and retake a shot of it or I would, but I see it now, I deleted some of the links because they had issues and problems and I never got a chance to replace the links despite fixing the buildings. 

Edited by Queen Glory

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2017 at 1:14 PM, Legoland99 said:

Hey I don't get it there's no window for me? (Found them files again and now I kind of want to make buildings again but aaaaaah) I'm grounded indefinitely until my mother sees fit to unground me, such is life eh? I want to get back into making buildings again like I chatted with you about but I just haven't had the opportunity!

No window..PNG

Edited by Queen Glory

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Queen Glory said:

Oops realized that with the hospital I forgot to add the elevator to the second floor!

There are elevators in this game? Or did you manage to code them in? I'm just curious because of how they function when electricity goes, unless generators have an effect on them. Not even going to ask how you got indefinitely grounded lol. I think the most I ever grounded one of my own kids was 3 days. And that was only because one of my kids decided they wanted to surprise me by leaving the house without even saying a word to their mom just to show up at the store I was shopping at to surprise me. You would think it doesn't sound bad, but it happened a month after two people tried pulling them into a car 6 feet in front of me, and I planned at the time to make it indefinitely but changed my mind 3 days later lol.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Queen Glory said:

One trailer in a long line of trailers to come so you can arrange them in any order you want to create, your own little trailer park :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eygynzdal9e60mn/Trailer 1.tbx?dl=0Trailer overhead.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

Main Trailer.PNG

You know, I guess it was the movies that gave me the idea trailers were just long buildings with wheels. Then when I was looking for a large house, and found a 2 story one similar to your picture, but  more fancy, I was shocked to find out it was a Trailer park. Only thing that gave it away was the double prices, one for the home, other for renting the land which had me stumped till the Realtor filled me in. I would have gotten it too, except I didn't like the fact of paying a 1.5k mortgage and then an additional 2k rent on top of it. The plan was and actually still is to get a house that's half the mortgage rate then what I'm paying rent. Trouble is, finding an area that's actually safe.

42 minutes ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

You know, I guess it was the movies that gave me the idea trailers were just long buildings with wheels. Then when I was looking for a large house, and found a 2 story one similar to your picture, but  more fancy, I was shocked to find out it was a Trailer park. Only thing that gave it away was the double prices, one for the home, other for renting the land which had me stumped till the Realtor filled me in. I would have gotten it too, except I didn't like the fact of paying a 1.5k mortgage and then an additional 2k rent on top of it. The plan was and actually still is to get a house that's half the mortgage rate then what I'm paying rent. Trouble is, finding an area that's actually safe.

My roommates mom lives in a community like that ^^^. She constantly tells me about *deals* lol. I don't want something I don't own the property too either.

Also there are elevator door sprites, but no functioning elevators in game. Silly, but true.

2 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

There are elevators in this game? Or did you manage to code them in? I'm just curious because of how they function when electricity goes, unless generators have an effect on them. Not even going to ask how you got indefinitely grounded lol. I think the most I ever grounded one of my own kids was 3 days. And that was only because one of my kids decided they wanted to surprise me by leaving the house without even saying a word to their mom just to show up at the store I was shopping at to surprise me. You would think it doesn't sound bad, but it happened a month after two people tried pulling them into a car 6 feet in front of me, and I planned at the time to make it indefinitely but changed my mind 3 days later lol.

They're purely aesthetic. They don't work that's why I put back emergency staircases so people can actually get to the second floors. Also I failed my Chemistry class by two points so that's how. :(

Edited by Queen Glory

2 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

I actually based it off of some trailers in my town. It's in a more rural area but I've never seen what you're talking about. The trailers that are in my town are garbage and have been there for I think around thirty years.

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

They're purely aesthetic. They don't work that's why I put back emergency staircases so people can actually get to the second floors. Also I failed my Chemistry class by two points so that's how. :(

Omg, I feel for you. When I was in Jr high, which they call middle school now a days, I was a A+ student which wasn't easy since I had to go over things a lot to retain the information, yet a lot was easy as math WAS my best subject. Then when advanced chemistry came into play with the periotic table and way advanced math to deal with protons and electrons, and yes, I failed the class the first time around but got it the second time. Not to mention, my dad died that year on top of it. My mom was pissed, but she didn't punish me because it wasn't my fault and gave my all and rest of my grades were perfect and knew taking away my pc would put me in a state that would definitely effect my grades. My pc was my stress release. Back then there was no internet, but there was BBS's, and I ran my own on a C128D, then Amiga using C-Net that I helped develop doors for. Ken did most of the work, I did Arexx which is so similar to scripts games use in mods now a days. If your other grades were great, you should let your mom know in my opinion, to give you your space and taking away things like building, is a way that can interfere with your other subjects. Failing one, it can happen. Low grades on everything because your game playing, then that's another story. My daughter is an A+ student, my son, heh, needs work. But funny thing is, she does her work first and half the time I see her playing games more than I like, but her report card is what keeps me leaving her alone. She was actually the one who almost got pulled into a car last year too. This area is getting worse, hence why I'm looking to move elsewhere. Good luck with your Science btw. 

33 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

I actually based it off of some trailers in my town. It's in a more rural area but I've never seen what you're talking about. The trailers that are in my town are garbage and have been there for I think around thirty years.

When I hear trailer park, it used to bring visions of long rusted vehicles, hillbilly's, crying babies, and like 8+ children. Least that was the picture painted in my mind from so many movies and books I read. Here is a link from one of them I was looking at about 2 years ago. Back then almost bought a home, and ended up missing the chance which turned out to be a godsend because we found out the previous owner sold because of several violent break-ins. But what actually prevented me from putting the deposit down, was something so weird, I was glad it actually happened. When I went to put the deposit down, the bank told me they couldn't release the funds due to a block that was put on, and at the time, had no information why. It was when my paycheck had a 60% chunk taken out, that I found out what had happened, and it was hard as heck to get fixed. Actually got the senators office involved, who got the issue fixed. Some how, in another state I never been to, someone got my info illegally and used it to get benefits. That state in turn wanted to collect child support, and went after everything I owned. I was so shocked, because my kids are with me, and I'm happily married lol. The state didn't care, they figured they could do what they wanted, despite myself having a huge paper trail showing where I have been living for over 15 years. It took 7 months, but I got every dime back. Don't know what happened to the thief though. Never been to North Carolina, and no plans to ever go their either. Anyway, here is a picture of one of those homes we were looking at:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4141-Deep-Creek-Rd-SPC-2-Fremont-CA-94555/2095653564_zpid/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emo-PA_New_Contact_Notify-hdp

2 hours ago, Capt_Paradox said:

My roommates mom lives in a community like that ^^^. She constantly tells me about *deals* lol. I don't want something I don't own the property too either.

Also there are elevator door sprites, but no functioning elevators in game. Silly, but true.

Those great deals almost always are entrapments that get you stuck in a 20+ year mortgage contract. I had a neighbor who got caught in one of those. Got a home in Arizona with a $350 a month mortgage, and only had to pay $150 a month rent the first year. Soon as the year was up, the rent jumped to $1500.00 a month.  

Exactly, she's currently in long term rehab from an injury. We just went over a couple of hours ago to water her plants and feed her mob of cats.

Her place is actually better than most, it's a double wide, with a den that has a real fireplace that has a door off to deck (where there use to be hot-tub) and a plum tree that overhangs it. There's a carport up front to protect vehicles from snow and the entrance. 2 Bedrooms and a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom. 

Roses and good landscaping all the way around the building, with a hickory tree out front.

Besides the scumbags, nearly dead elderly people that have no family to help maintain their homes, mobs of cats everywhere and crappy water supply it is pretty nice lol. The property managers are total tools though and get a way with murder when it comes to the elderly residents.

The property rent has gone up 10X since she bought the place outright 20 years ago. At this point she could have bought a full sized house with that money alone. Sad.

Now my roomie and his sister are trying to figure out what to do with it when she dies. Selling the home is strange, because most people don't want to buy something they don't own as we both said. So it's a hard market. The resale value, even on a nice one like hers is far less than the money invested.

3 minutes ago, Capt_Paradox said:

Exactly, she's currently in long term rehab from an injury. We just went over a couple of hours ago to water her plants and feed her mob of cats.

Her place is actually better than most, it's a double wide, with a den that has a real fireplace that has a door off to deck (where there use to be hot-tub) and a plum tree that overhangs it. There's a carport up front to protect vehicles from snow and the entrance. 2 Bedrooms and a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom. 

Roses and good landscaping all the way around the building, with a hickory tree out front.

Besides the scumbags, nearly dead elderly people that have no family to help maintain their homes, mobs of cats everywhere and crappy water supply it is pretty nice lol. The property managers are total tools though and get a way with murder when it comes to the elderly residents.

The property rent has gone up 10X since she bought the place outright 20 years ago. At this point she could have bought a full sized house with that money alone. Sad.

Now my roomie and his sister are trying to figure out what to do with it when she dies. Selling the home is strange, because most people don't want to buy something they don't own as we both said. So it's a hard market. The resale value, even on a nice one like hers is far less than the money invested.

Lol, we have 4 cats, all fixed and kept indoors. Several trailer parks nearby, got sold a few years back and got converted to normal housing property. The biggest reason I want to move, was several break in's that happened over the past 2 years. And what is so frustrating about them, had found out several was done by a neighbor in an apartment complex behind my house. And the PD, just call it (Civil matter) Have cameras up all over now. But found out months ago, what was going on. First my daughter asking me why I was watching her in her bedroom one night, and my wife and I looked at one another, because she had checked on both the kids that night, and we had watched supernatural and went to bed and no one had entered the room. Found some of her property outside her window several days later and realized, she wasn't dreaming, someone had actually broke in and was watching her. THAT could have turned out far worse. What got me to realize it was one of our neighbors, was after finding out about the break ins. They were only stealing things we would not know would be missing, like old phones and old electronics. Earlier this year, I changed from DSL to cable and while setting up the new router, something came up requesting connection that should not have, which was my sons old tablet. It was supposed to be boxed up in the garage, and discovered the box was gone. A tablet, even off, the battery will not stay charged 2 years, so when it came up requesting connection which is because I set my router to only accept mac address to keep out neighbors, did a google trace to find the tablet was located in the apartment complex, along with some old phones too. Not only had they ripped us off of our old electronics, they were using the admin router password which I have since changed, to get the new network password every time I changed it and the PD would say because I don't know when they got stolen, that it was civil, and only thing I can do is go over there on a civil standby and ASK for my families things back.