Stylist Profession

Okamikurainya

Now just hear me out.

It may sound silly but there are the materials for it throughout the world of Zomboid and it got me thinking.

The Stylist would have a small boost to their blade skill and a large boost to their blade maintenance. They'd be able to change the hairstyles/beards and such of characters in the game as long as they have a pair of scissors, a comb and some water. That's something that could be nice if you've got a character that's been in for the long haul and you feel like changing them up a bit.

Also, perhaps the stylist would be able to apply cologne/perfume to themselves or other players for a small happiness boost at the cost of being slightly more visible to zombies? Other professions would lack that ability because the Stylist knows just how much to add. XD

Maybe also being able to use the makeup found within the world for a happiness boost to themselves or others as well as helping their boredom?

Basically a profession devoted to the mental health and physical attractiveness of Zomboid survivors. XD

Edit:
Also, why not have them be able to craft a cologne/ perfume bomb. Basically a molotov but you throw it at a player and now they have a strong smell that will pull in zombies.

Perhaps have a "Perfumed Moodle", when a stylist applies perfume to a character or to themselves the action will improve that character's happiness and the moodle would only last a few hours (less in the rain) but the perfume bomb just makes you stink and maybe while the moodle is in the red it can make the player unhappy as well. You could use water in your inventory to wash away the smell but that takes time and if you're in an unfortunate situation where you're out of water or just picking up too many zombies with your odor it could be quite interesting. XD

Edited by Okamikurainya

15 minutes ago, winterpyre said:

i would imagine perfume would help hid you rather than attract zombies, they're looking for people and perfume would mask your sweat and blood smell that(i think) they would be attracted too.

That aside the profession doesn't sound terrible might be a cool stealth/support hybrid

I guess, though I think the developers said they wouldn't be including any form of "Zombie Camouflage"... Then again that's basically what the Graceful and Inconspicuous traits are... So maybe?

Edited by Okamikurainya

On 4/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, Okamikurainya said:

I guess, though I think the developers said they wouldn't be including any form of "Zombie Camouflage"... Then again that's basically what the Graceful and Inconspicuous traits are... So maybe?

well i feel they would find you better if you smelled of roses and fresh cloth vs rotting meat and blood.

I really like the idea of this but I feel like this would fit into the game better as a mod.  It would be really fun to see a hair stylist running around trading a makeover for some beans but I can't really see it in the full game.  But that's just my two cents and I'll see what other people think. :-D

On 4/21/2016 at 4:55 AM, Okamikurainya said:

AFAIK this was specifically for pretending to be a zombie and/or wearing zombie guts to disguise yourself from zombies. Wearing perfume wouldn't really fall under this, it's just masking your scent a little.

1 hour ago, TacoBot3000 said:

I really like the idea of this but I feel like this would fit into the game better as a mod.  It would be really fun to see a hair stylist running around trading a makeover for some beans but I can't really see it in the full game.  But that's just my two cents and I'll see what other people think. :-D

How I see it is that everything for this profession has already been added to the game and there are venues for the practice to take place within the towns provided so I think it fits perfectly in vanilla if handled correctly and is something I think would have value in the later days of multiplayer.

40 minutes ago, King Kitteh said:

AFAIK this was specifically for pretending to be a zombie and/or wearing zombie guts to disguise yourself from zombies. Wearing perfume wouldn't really fall under this, it's just masking your scent a little.

True, but how does zombie smell even work? I mean I've started cooking and had zombies start bashing on my home, coincidence? AFAIK they follow the scent of blood after an injury? It would actually be nice to know how each of the zombie's senses function in game.