Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

[n] Playing as a zombie

Wut?

But in the PZ Updates > IWBUMS: Build 31  it says:

Player will now revive as a zombie after being infected and dead. Follow your character and becoming part of a new hord and slaughter other poor players! (or being killed...Again...Urg)

I recently thought of something related to the voiceovers. If I'm not mistaken, there will be some sort of "Story Mode" in the finished product, correct? What if a modder wanted to create his own "Story Mode" and add a voiced intro? Would that be possible to even do?

I recently thought of something related to the voiceovers. If I'm not mistaken, there will be some sort of "Story Mode" in the finished product, correct? What if a modder wanted to create his own "Story Mode" and add a voiced intro? Would that be possible to even do?

At the end of the day, modders are free to do whatever they'd like (for the most part, there's a few exclusions in our Terms of Use like malicious software etc.) - if someone wanted to do that, it'd be awesome! What you can mod is basically limited to the modder's skill and how much time they're willing to put into it.

At the end of the day, modders are free to do whatever they'd like (for the most part, there's a few exclusions in our Terms of Use like malicious software etc.) - if someone wanted to do that, it'd be awesome! What you can mod is basically limited to the modder's skill and how much time they're willing to put into it.

Sweet!

I see that bows and crossbows are a yes *huzzah!* but to go along with bows I figured I'd throw out some ideas for them : 3  We can already make solid sticks out of planks so those would act as stave's for the arrows, you can trap birds so there's the feathers, could use chip stones or find actual arrow heads for the tips, and you can use glue to attach the feathers : )  On another note you can trap rabbits as well which is what they actually used to make the glue for arrows out of, so possibly make glue out of rabbit hides? : D Though to keep insects from eating the glue they would take aluminum and put it near acid / acid fumes to make it tarnish and then scrap the tarnish coating off with a file or so and mix that in with the glue.  Makes it toxic and they would glue the tip of the arrow on with it as well so I think you can see where that's going : 3

Link for people interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit-skin_glue 

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout 1 and 2 had children.
And you could blow their torso in half.

It makes everyone else attack you though.

Why not add them?
At least  add dead ones?
Maybe their frail bodies just are fully consumed by zombies and there's nothing left to reanimate- so kid skeletons basically.

Fallout 1 and 2 had children.

And you could blow their torso in half.

It makes everyone else attack you though.

Why not add them?

At least  add dead ones?

Maybe their frail bodies just are fully consumed by zombies and there's nothing left to reanimate- so kid skeletons basically.

It's just not the kind of attention we want for the game.

We're sure someone will manage to mod them in at some point, though :P

Because the devs said so.

Okay then...

Sorry, I don't mean to be blunt and you're more than welcome to discuss it. The reasoning has been explained in this thread (you should be able to search for it if you don't want to read it all!) and beyond that there's not much else we can say to "why not".

Because the devs said so.

Okay then...

Sorry, I don't mean to be blunt and you're more than welcome to discuss it. The reasoning has been explained in this thread (you should be able to search for it if you don't want to read it all!) and beyond that there's not much else we can say to "why not".

Kid murder sim, got it.... But i still can't figure out Why did nobody jump on the first few fallout's for letting you kill them, but suddenly in fallout 3 and NV you can shoot them with small nukes and they don't die...

I guess people have gotten more sensitive...

But i don't understand why not zombie animals? I mean, how does that detract at all?

No even as a sandbox option?

I have seen only very few games with zombie animals.

And most of them were in resident evil games.

I looked up children in this thread and i only found people suggesting it, i'll try different words like kids.

Whole countries jumped on them . . . it was quite the PR nightmare for Interplay that involved a hack-job to remove them for the countries in which the game was banned (or threatened with banishment).

And they did the same damn thing twice?
Those games released at a time when Internet coverage wasn't as widespread, though. It would probably create a lot of buzz but we want the game to shine by being fun, not by being controversial.

-snip-

Kid murder sim, got it.... But i still can't figure out Why did nobody jump on the first few fallout's for letting you kill them, but suddenly in fallout 3 and NV you can shoot them with small nukes and they don't die...

I guess people have gotten more sensitive...

But i don't understand why not zombie animals? I mean, how does that detract at all?

No even as a sandbox option?

I have seen only very few games with zombie animals.

And most of them were in resident evil games.

I looked up children in this thread and i only found people suggesting it, i'll try different words like kids.

Zombie animals is a no because it doesn't fit the lore that the devs have in mind which is the traditional Max Brooks, Romero types. They want to make a certain type of zombie game and zombie animals don't necessarily fit in the bounds of that.

Sandbox would be a no because they'd have to make something new to the game instead of adding something that exists already. In other words, the zombie sandbox options now are most, if not all, things that already exist in the game (running animations, health/strength points etc.), so it isn't a big job to add a few options where some numbers are tweaked. However, new zombie animals would require whole new textures and full ai etc. which is a lot of work. It's more where to put the attention of the game. Do they add a lot of sandbox options or focus on more essential additions (in their opinion, it's their game after all).

This is kind of a question and suggestion at the same time, but will buildings blow up if you put propane tanks into ovens and turn them on? if not, will they have a larger radius of initial fire and damage?

I'm new here and I've been trying to level some houses as a diversion

.... and I just realized how messed up it sounds out of context......

This is kind of a question and suggestion at the same time, but will buildings blow up if you put propane tanks into ovens and turn them on? if not, will they have a larger radius of initial fire and damage?

I'm new here and I've been trying to level some houses as a diversion

.... and I just realized how messed up it sounds out of context......

It would be something neat to see depending on if it's possible or not, but for the time being, no they won't actually blow up anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the no spreading zombie guts on yourself policy!

It would be cool to mask yourself from the zombies for a while, making it possible to loot malls and such without firing a single shot! you could add an effect that it would cause your character to feel sick and they might throw up which will blow there cover,  because of the action it would ruin your characters clothes, from doing that action and if you had an exposed cut or something it would quite comfortably infect you with the diesease! rain would also wash it off leaving you screwed in a crowd of zombies and you character might get depressed or somthing from doing the action you could also make it so the longer you spend walking next to zombies your character starts to panic increasing there awareness of you but the more you do it the more comfortable your character gets with it

and you don't need to go all out with the graphical kinda looks of it just make it so the body dissapears and your character gets covered in blood!

Please consider this case...thank you!

I don't understand the no spreading zombie guts on yourself policy!

[...]

Please consider this case...thank you!

It's an idea that has been discussed several times, and wholeheartedly rejected by the Devs, as well as a large core of the community.

A quick [and easy!] forum search would unearth many threads similar to this one (I believe this was one of the first few to suggest the idea, and had plenty of constructive criticism, unlike many of the later thread where people were sick of repeating themselves)

Besides being well outside the lore loosely followed by TIS, it is an entirely nonsensical concept in the first place - Why on earth would you want to risk infection through minor wounds by smothering yourself in muck?!? (assuming the 'plague' can spread through transmission of bodily fluids, of course)