Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

If a throwing mechanic ever gets implemented, it'll probably be for distractions and a bit of damage.

Like there could be some random objects you normally find in everyday life(Bricks, glass bottles, empty cans of soda, etc.) and there are a couple of zomboids blocking your way but you don't want trouble, you could pick those up and throw it somewhere(Bricks on a window, or bottles at some wall) and they'll head to that direction on where the object was thrown. You could also throw it on the zomboids/NPC's, it won't do much to the zomboids. But it could stun the NPC giving you time to react. :D

^ This. As much as I would love throwing axes or other similar items, the hassle of throwing and selecting another weapon, picking up thrown object, or having to contend with the weight would just be too much of a hassle for most people to contend with.

But the ability to pick up an empty bottle or can and non-violently clear a path of zombies? I would approve as long as something was done to balance out this ability, as I could see it easily abused for populated areas. Maybe make zombies roam more actively to either make this skill necessary or have such a limited range of effect that it doesn't drive the zombie away as much as have it turn it's back to you.

I admit neither of these options sounds that appealing... but I would enjoy such a mechanic as long as it was implemented to be balanced.

• 2 weeks later...

I personnaly don't need to taste food to know if it's rotten or not, a quick look and a sniff to confirm are largely enough. The 'rotten' indication work, no need for extra mechanics ;o

Alright, fair enough, but the poisoned part still stands :P

It's probably pointless, really, but it came to mind randomly and I thought it'd be cool. My mistake :oops:

I personnaly don't need to taste food to know if it's rotten or not, a quick look and a sniff to confirm are largely enough. The 'rotten' indication work, no need for extra mechanics ;o

It's probably pointless, really, but it came to mind randomly and I thought it'd be cool. My mistake :oops:

Well, tasting poisoned food has a chance to kill you. As stated in the Cooking System thread, a poison power of 30 CAN kill you.

Just imagine a experienced chef offering you pie, but what you don't know is that he used A LOT of bleach in it to kill you, but you're inexperienced or you don't even have a skill in cooking at all. Would you risk tasting the poisonous pie just to make sure it's safe... only to die 3 minutes later... or murder the chef and steal the pie... and eat it later if you get bitten for a painful but delicious death? :P

Well, tasting poisoned food has a chance to kill you. As stated in the Cooking System thread, a poison power of 30 CAN kill you.

Just imagine a experienced chef offering you pie, but what you don't know is that he used A LOT of bleach in it to kill you, but you're inexperienced or you don't even have a skill in cooking at all. Would you risk tasting the poisonous pie just to make sure it's safe... only to die 3 minutes later... or murder the chef and steal the pie... and eat it later if you get bitten for a painful but delicious death? :P

Haha yeah, but taking a very small small smaaaaaalll bite, or lick or something wouldn't kill you... In theory. (tophat)

I'm glad they're adding new animations, i would love to see them add a swimming animation (not diving of course)

As well a way to make it hard to kill zombies unarmed.For example when pushing them, there's a small chance they would actually grab onto you, and you have a split second to make a move or else he/they will take a bite out of you.

Mmmmm Grappling animations for zombies would be interesting especially for crawlers,they could grab your legs and push you down to the floor same as a fast shambling zombie if you get to close and do nothing.... :)

I'm glad they're adding new animations, i would love to see them add a swimming animation (not diving of course)

As well a way to make it hard to kill zombies unarmed.For example when pushing them, there's a small chance they would actually grab onto you, and you have a split second to make a move or else he/they will take a bite out of you.

Mmmmm Grappling animations for zombies would be interesting especially for crawlers,they could grab your legs and push you down to the floor same as a fast shambling zombie if you get to close and do nothing.... :)

I like it! This could also make running through hordes of zombies much more dangerous, rather than simply weaving through them all, they could grab or trip you.

Nice one :cool:

Hmmm..

Gonna try and suggest something here (didn't read the whole forum)....

1. How about aluminum/other metal baseball bats? They wouldn't degrade so rapidly and would have course deal a bit more damage.

2. Power cables...basically if you find a roll of good'ol ten hubbed power cable and some pipe cutters for example you could truly inflicf damage to a zed. Energy wise the dealt damage could be even higher than that of a normal wooden baseball bat because the bat bounces off the head...a cable does not. It wraps around the head basically moving all the movement energy to the target :geek: ...just saying.
3. The ability to craft spears: kitchen knife + pole + duct tape/rope = spear. More range etc...

4. BILLHOOKS!

5. Reinforcing bars from construction sites or basements etc. that you could sharpen a bit (if needed) with a....wait for it....grinder! Aaaaand you could implement some kind of improvised handle/holder for it in order to more efficiently use it for thrusting through a skull.

How is the actual degradation meter defined? I mean if you have an axe with a wooden stock it will degrade over time....but for example sledge hammers are WAY more durable (okay, depending on the manufacturer)...have you ever heard about Fiskars? ;)

I'm basically just saying that if some weapon is solid metal...I can't see it degrading too much if at all. But is the basic concept of wearing implemented because otherwise the game would be too easy? Or am I just splitting hairs?

And thanks for an awesome game by the way!

Edit. typos and removed an answered question

I'm basically just saying that if some weapon is solid metal...I can't see it degrading too much if at all. But is the basic concept of wearing implemented because otherwise the game would be too easy? Or am I just splitting hairs?

This could be a great idea, but to balance it, perhaps the player would have to take care of the weapon; for example, cleaning the blood from the weapon to keep it from rusting and eventually breaking, maybe?

This could be a great idea, but to balance it, perhaps the player would have to take care of the weapon; for example, cleaning the blood from the weapon to keep it from rusting and eventually breaking, maybe?

Hmmm..not a bad idea either. Maybe they could implement some sort of maintenance procedure for all weapons, clothing...allthough there is the ability to repair things already so that might just not work..

I had some ideas and after read the forum rules, decided to move my topic in a new topic

[n] Aerosol Can + Lighter = Flamethrower

This one is somewhat a bad idea, i guess anyone tried to do this while walking (you burn yourself bad), or without burning his own fingers, not even mentioning the chance of explosion, i guess the game could add this to make itself more deadly. A weapon or a tool that you can hurt or kill yourself. People will try to do it 1, 2 times, then will notice that its not worth it until you are desperate.

[n] Beginning the game before the infection

this game offers large maps, being able to do this twist is epic but would spend so much time, and i guess that the devs have more cool stuff to do before. But i can see this like some kind of difficulty that could be implanted on the game later on.

[n] Overpowered weapons/specific firearms

Overpowered weapons, like an AK47 (or make another name, the point is, its a big rifle), This weapon for example, is hard (very hard (very very hard)) to find ammo, no spare parts, noisy as hell, the game could add something like that, many ppl would carry this weapons and die because it, carrying then instead of extra food or water.

[n] Respawning/Quicksaving

Quicksaving is a good idea, for having a personal bkp for crashs and blue screens, but loading this save could be only available if the original save is lost somehow. I lost many saves with blue screens, if i had a quicksave to help me, i would have saved a lot of time.

[n] Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

Could be an option for that, but of course, with no useful results besides a chance of getting infected, the game could add that to be more deadly and kill nub players.

Edited by EnigmaGrey

[n]    Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

Could be an option for that, but of course, with no useful results besides a chance of getting infected, the game could add that to be more deadly and kill nub players.

when it's in bright red colors, there is no chance in hell it will happen......................ever.

when it's in bright red colors, there is no chance in hell it will happen......................ever.

Thanks, i kinda knew, but still i would like to give my opinion about it, i don't think its something that the game must have anyway. 

Thanks, i kinda knew, but still i would like to give my opinion about it, i don't think its something that the game must have anyway. 

quite honestly it baffles me to think of using internal organs as camouflage. just something about it that makes me want to question the sanity of a person who tried something like that, in Real Life. and of course there is the "eeeewwwwwww gross" factor

quite honestly it baffles me to think of using internal organs as camouflage. just something about it that makes me want to question the sanity of a person who tried something like that, in Real Life. and of course there is the "eeeewwwwwww gross" factor

They used as reference the The Walking Dead game, that in the last parts of the game the main character do this. There are other histories and games that did that also.

They used as reference the The Walking Dead game, that in the last parts of the game the main character do this. There are other histories and games that did that also.

I'm pretty sure he rubs the zombie's guts on himself and Clem, which can be said due to the stains you see on Clem. Chances are he rubbed the blood on her the fact he went 

Spoiler
all badass during the epic part of the last episode and got blood during the slaughter.

A suggestion of mine would be an option for distraction.

Throwing stones, bottles or other objects or having somthing like a sound device that distracts hordes of Zombies to come to your place while you sneak around. Stuff like that would really help and its something that I would do to get across the street or smth...

I also feel like there should be slightly more options on Player creation, being able to determine age and adding some "professions" such as athlete or Technician… 

Heya GSWarriors, thanks for the feedback!

The first one has been suggested before and was overwhelmingly favored by the community, so hopefully we'll see it someday!

Better yet, the second is planned for the future. I think it's even on the list in the OP!

My suggestions! (Also my changelog from my server, things I hope to implement)

Game Features

*  Whisky cleans wounds

*  Scurvy from no vitamin C

*  Crowbar/lockpick/bolt cutters automatic use when in secondary slot

*  Clotheslines.  Dry clothes.

*  Tumble Drier appliance, dries clothes.

*  Amputation

*  Make faucet clunk noise (When water shut off)

*  Weapon jams

*  Lipstick.  Can (type) 'graffiti' on stuff (A decal)

*  Suture party members wounds with twine

*  Gas powered electricity generators for houses

*  Option on game start to alter percent chance of zombification

*  Corrugated iron

Childrens chemistry set

Flares

smoke grenades

Fishing Net

caffeine pills

Spices - can cover up the taste of rotten meat, removing the nausea effect

Boltcutters, cut a hole in chainlink fence

Padlock

Bag of Doorknobs(Weapon) = Doorknobs + sheet 

Makeshift riot shield = Garbage can lid(When equipped in secondary)

TRAPS!

Quality rabbit trap : Mailbox + Twine (Catchs cotton tails as Dale says!)

Stake Trap : Wooden Plank  + Kitchen Knife OR Screwdriver + Fresh Meat (Zombies spear themselves on them as they are daft and approach to get the meat)

Tin can Trap : Tin cans + Twine + Sturdy sticks