Commonly Suggested Suggestions
23 23

568 posts in this topic

Rathlord   

Read the OP, I haven't removed any n's :P

n's are for dev "no's"

Unmarked ones are widely considered no by the community, or just not really gone into by the devs but still not worth suggesting

It's always been that way!

On 25/7/2013 at 8:00 PM, Rathlord said:

[Soon]    More animations

[SoonMore Baldspot and Kate

[Soon]    More/Different sneaking animations

[SoonNPC's (of all types, good and bad)

[SoonNPC relationships

[SoonNPC companions

[SoonNPC infection

[SoonNPC management

If i knew better i wouldnt get hype, but something is kinda fishy here.

Ahhhh... I thought they were all marked with [n] and that you guys were trying to subtly drop hints that there were gonna be fuckin nukes in the future. I was like "holy shit... that's a 180."

@Rathlord I guess you could update the main list - vehicles are being added soon (actually sooner than NPCs already marked as such :P) - I'm not sure wheather Car Batteries could be marked as soon along with vehicles, too, as cars seems to be first vehicles being added?

Also, Area Maps (no location marker) are already in-game, although in IWBUMS beta and while Barricading with furniture will probably get a twist to it, the basic version is de-facto already in game, so maybe it's worth switching to "In progress" at least :)?

Out of curiosity, where does "iPods" idea came from? With the game being set in 1990's (1994 by default IIRC) and iPods coming out in 2001, it wouldn't make real sense to add them, although they mentioned adding VHS and tape recorder are already mentioned to come, plus the video game and CD-s are there, although not functional (yet). 

Rathlord   

Yes, OP needs updating. I will get around to it... someday, almost certainly.

iPods idea came from a time when the date of the game was a bit more clouded. Will likely remove from list.

zeeb   

Looks like every big NO from the devs is a big YES from the community, talk about "out of sync".

Edited by zeeb

GHawkins   
15 minutes ago, zeeb said:

Looks like every big NO from the devs is a big YES from the community, talk about "out of sync".

Please name a few, since I've been unable to find any no's from the developers that the majority of the community has been screaming for.

zeeb   
Just now, GHawkins said:

Please name a few, since I've been unable to find any no's from the developers that the majority of the community has been screaming for.

[n] Children or babies
[n] Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)
[n] Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals
[n] Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

GHawkins   

Well, if that's the case, I guess I am very much out of sync. As I was convinced that the majority of the community is like "Yeah fair enough" about the no to children and babies thing, because of the possible controversy surrounding it.

Also, personal hygiene, in the form of having to go to the bathroom and things like that, is something a small minority wants. There's a broader interest in things like shaving, washing blood off (see animation video),  but it's far from an outcry.

Same deal for the zombie beasts (plz no). Though not explicitly written down, the virus affects humans, not animals. That's how the lore envisions it and I don't think that a whole lot of people want to see zombified bloodhounds. Wild animals to hunt or pets to care for are a different story I believe.

The last point is the only one I can see a larger portion of people wanting, simply because it was g(l)orified in the first season of the walking dead. But that does not mean that the developers have to implement something like that, seeing as we have no explanation on why the zombies target living humans to begin with and as such, there's no guarantee that "camo" would work.

Rathlord   
On 5/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, zeeb said:

What's really surprising is people who think a couple of posts represent the majority of the community. But I'm sure you, with your 20 posts on the forum, are much more in sync than the devs and people like me who've been around for 5+ years in this community.

TL;DR you are not a majority and don't speak for one. Not trying to be a dick, but you are flat out, categorically, objectively wrong.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, GHawkins said:

Well, if that's the case, I guess I am very much out of sync. As I was convinced that the majority of the community is like "Yeah fair enough" about the no to children and babies thing, because of the possible controversy surrounding it.

NMRiH devs did it about as tastefully as you can, (or as tasteful as hostile rotting children corpses in a video game can get) and there was still some controversy.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/0/558749825316322891/

I wouldn't be averse to some rare children zombies around schools or whatever, I actually think it'd enhance the game's emotional tone... Though it's understandable why the developers won't add them.

Brex   

Hey, if immunity is a no-go, why do the radio broadcasts mention it, and why is the chance of zombification from a bite only 96%?

Edited by Brex

1 hour ago, Brex said:

Hey, if immunity is a no-go, why do the radio broadcasts mention it, and why is the chance of zombification from a bite only 96%?

According to the broadcasts, there are two strains of the virus.

The first one began in the quarantine area, and is transmitted through bites and scratches. The second strain apparently mutated into airborne transmission, heavily increasing infection spread across the globe.

A percentage of the population, presumably including your playable character, is immune to the airborne transmission. Despite this, bites and scratches still infect everyone.

Or at least that's what I've gathered from the broadcasts, anyway.

As for the bite chances, I suppose it's possible to get bitten without saliva entering the wound. The bite could just barely break the skin, or the corpse could be decomposed enough to not have any fluids left around the mouth. 

1 hour ago, Brex said:

People can lie, misrepresent, and be mistaken.

23 23