Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Little more addition to my sight suggestions!

• Always 180° (or whatever is in real life) angle of vision, regardless of lighting and everything (So it's realistic and there's no need to add unrealistic difficulty while darkness will be darker than ever in B42)

• Unlimited view distance when dragging camera (Yeah, can go infinite miles into darkness), but forced increasingly blurred or faded view on distant views that'll just practically make the difficulty remain

• Things like sniper scopes will make it so you will get one tile line of sight that gets thicker as distance increases, the distant views will be clearer and further, and your sight starts by skipping one tile of sight ahead you based on scope length

NOTE: About traits that utilize sights and sounds. Keen-Hearing might be detecting sounds even better (Sound waves being more intense and obvious in a way that does not bother screen too much, and yeah, those stealthy silent steps will normally emit sound waves but will be really hard to notice on the screen due to it's loudness and range)

Eagle-eyed will not work out of line of vision as I suggested to get everything completely frozen out of view, unlimited view distance and I suggested to have a fixed always 180° (or whatever it is in real life) degree of sight. To compensate, it might make it so things can appear EVEN FASTER like instantenously, distant views will distort even less and will definitely boost up with sniper scopes.

I noticed this wasn't on the list: camping could use some work. Specifically: tents. The problem is your character doesn't actually enter the tent; when you go to sleep, your character is invulnerable to zombies - they don't attack you. As soon as you wake up, it's game on! If a zed wandered into your camp and is standing right next to you, you risk getting chomped immediately. I've had this happen.

A really simple solution: have your survivor enter the tent. It could work like a vehicle. You enter it, you could have a decreased line of sight, and if zombies see you and you aren't sleeping, or if you make any noise with them around and they hear you: they could tear down your tent and attack you. But if you're quiet and they never saw you, you're effectively safe. Your actions in the tent would be selected by the action wheel - open flaps so you can see/possibly shoot from your tent if you so wish to risk, turn on your radio, sleep etc. Inventory would be accessed independently, while you're in it or close to it.

But wait, there's more! This adds the opportunity to add in different kinds of tents, for example: a hot tent. A portable stove and a pipe, maybe an extra tarp, and you could make a bigger tent which could give you options of heating your tent (anything that you could use in a campfire for fuel), as well as cooking. Extra options accessed on the action wheel. Keep your survivor warm in winter conditions, let you choose not to make a campfire, lets you dry out and keep from getting sick etc.

This would make tenting far better, but would theoretically be not hard to implement? I don't know how to do mods, otherwise I'd try to do that myself. I've seen similar ideas mentioned but wanted to throw in my nomination for this idea, would make nomad playthroughs that much better.

• 4 weeks later...

If it's okay to ask, (and I apologize if it's not) why exactly is nudity a no on this game?

It seems kind of jarring for just everybody to have some form of underwear on.

Plus to be honest it'd be pretty funny to go streaking in the mean streets of Kentucky!