Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Is throwing mechanic a possible idea for the devs? Its pretty generalized on what it can do and is a mechanic that works alongside other systems like melee combat.

Throwing can be on the factor of strength, range, and velocity. Its more stealthy than firing a gun and easier to utilize than shooting a bow.

You could implement music macro language or MML to allow custom music via midi to function. All it is, is a text based parsing system, that then has a mmo to midi system that plays midi notes according to the text.

Starbound uses ABC notation, which is harder to utilize for the community. Mabinogi uses MMl. Lord of the rings online uses ABC notations to play midi notes.

Throwing is possible but probably not confirmed (at least any physics-based throwing). I'd like to think we could see it in the future.

As far as the music- I wouldn't count on it. They outsourced the sound system for the game if I recall correctly and I doubt they wanna touch it.

Why we dont have an any raincoat, i mean it's too rainy in game and if we have raincoat then we can have some resist in rainy day and we work on some stuff even in the rainy day and one more thing it's little bit big thing but if the new city have metro tunel and station that would be great, because we can hide there or we can go somewhere with using tunel and it's realy risky because zombi may come there too.

A throwing mechanic would be really nice, but as a diversionary tactic, not combat. If you could throw an empty bottle or can to distract the zombies while you sneak behind them, that would be heaven.

As far as combat, have you ever actually -tried- to use throwing knives or hatchets? It's an acquired skill, and not something just anybody can do. Waiting until the apocalypse has already come is a terrible time to try and learn it. :P

(Edit) not to mention, those knives and hatchets are specifically designed for throwing, with perfect balance. You'd not have much luck trying to throw a kitchen knife and getting it to stick in a zed's head.

There's no metro system in small town Kentucky (or in the entire state, I'd wager). I doubt we'll see that in game.

As far as throwing knives/hatchets, totally agree. I've been throwing since I was 10 and I still wouldn't try to use throwing knives against zombies. If I had a crapload of hatchets I might try that, but if I only had one or two? No way it'd leve my person.

How about raincoats?

I keep thinking ponchos, for two reasons. They're lightweight, and they can be compressed into a ridiculously small package. I own a military surplus poncho that literally fits in the palm of my hand when it's packed up.

They don't really breathe though, so unless it's cold weather, it'd be easy to overheat in one.

Concerning map content, has the idea of a large city, say something similar to Louisville (seeing how it takes place in Kentucky) been thought of? I understand this is taking place in Muldraugh, but perhaps being able to "travel" to other cities in Kentucky. Maybe Lexington or Frankfort even. Though I understand it would be a lot of work, it would be interesting to go to a large, very densely populated city and experience the gameplay that would take place there. I feel there would be more areas to explore, but of course more danger due to the dense population or people turned zombie.

A bcycile would be great in this game, it's somehow safe because of slinceness of tool but at the same time if you hit something or if you cant dodge the zombie you will definetly paid too much because of rusty bcycile. I think it's little bit hard to put it in game because of mechanic and falling animation and other sort of thing but if you do this, that realy would great.

There's no metro system in small town Kentucky (or in the entire state, I'd wager). I doubt we'll see that in game.

As far as throwing knives/hatchets, totally agree. I've been throwing since I was 10 and I still wouldn't try to use throwing knives against zombies. If I had a crapload of hatchets I might try that, but if I only had one or two? No way it'd leve my person.

Only throwing weapon I would ever use is (are?) stones and rocks and things I pick up off the ground.

Edited by Viceroy

A little late now but there are a few things in the no section I disagree with, I do understand it's supposed to be something most people can play, but saying this, here are my arguments for several points and ways to have it morally ethical to publish. My first point is;

-Zombie kids. I feel like it would be more realistic, how many people have played GTA and wondered where the fucks the kids, or at least have it in sandbox and people can choose if they want to play a more realistic and dark version of the game.

-A cure. Having the ability to find a rather rare item able to cure you for a single use is something interesting, however it's less realistic but having a clan and a leader with a lot of skills being bitten, if they had a cure they could heal them or go out and find a cure, or even for yourself, it would become a very powerful, high value item.

-Morality/Kama meter. Perhaps not the way you think it would be done, but killing zombies would take a toll on your mental health, as well as long durations of isolations. So perhaps not a meter counting your behaviour (although it would open up the concepts of bounty hunting) but perhaps a sanity meter, if your character goes insane, your screen blacks out anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour during which it goes on a murder spree and is aggressive to anything it sees.

-Personal hygiene. Are you serious with this guys? Killing zombies all day can get you quite sweaty, which means you will start to stink, which should make this skill I kind of proposed here, http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6895-crafting-skill-books/, much less effective. Not too mention are we supposed to believe some guy can hold in a shit for days, weeks, months and years? Dunno about you but it got to take a crap daily.

-Sex. Once again this should be something you can toggle, this may not be something to add in a while but think about the ideas of starting up a family in SP or MP and protecting them until they are old enough to protect themselves, think about the feelings people would feel and the need to protect their spouse and children. If you play a guy and get a girl pregnant you would want to protect her and make sure she is healthy and safe as well as your child.

-Zombie camo. While it's a disgusting thought, it isn't a bad one, the idea of doing ANYTHING to auric should be a key point in a zombie survival game.

These are my points and while I respect this is your game you did ask for the communities support and ideas and so here is mine.

Most of the above are a definitive no from the devs (esp. kids, sex, hygiene(!!!) and a cure) - this means it is never going to happen. Someone might make a poop mod eventually, but those things will never be in the vanilla game.

If you play a guy and get a girl pregnant you would want to protect her and make sure she is healthy and safe as well as your child.

... how old are you man? ^^

A little late now but there are a few things in the no section I disagree with, I do understand it's supposed to be something most people can play, but saying this, here are my arguments for several points and ways to have it morally ethical to publish. My first point is;

-Zombie kids. I feel like it would be more realistic, how many people have played GTA and wondered where the fucks the kids, or at least have it in sandbox and people can choose if they want to play a more realistic and dark version of the game.

Too bad. If you read over this thread there's exact reasons, but to be honest I'm getting a bit silly over having to repeat this every time someone brings it up. You can talk about it all you want, it's not going to happen. Period.

-A cure. Having the ability to find a rather rare item able to cure you for a single use is something interesting, however it's less realistic but having a clan and a leader with a lot of skills being bitten, if they had a cure they could heal them or go out and find a cure, or even for yourself, it would become a very powerful, high value item.

Again, no. Project Zomboid is not that kind of game. This goes fundamentally against pretty much everything that Project Zomboid stands for. I understand why people want this, but honestly it's just not in the developer's (or most of the community's) design goals. Putting that in would make PZ a different game than it is. It's meant to be brutal, and one mistake is meant to end it all.

-Morality/Kama meter. Perhaps not the way you think it would be done, but killing zombies would take a toll on your mental health, as well as long durations of isolations. So perhaps not a meter counting your behaviour (although it would open up the concepts of bounty hunting) but perhaps a sanity meter, if your character goes insane, your screen blacks out anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour during which it goes on a murder spree and is aggressive to anything it sees.

Sanity is actually a planned feature- if you check out my "Future of PZ" suggestion (quick search of the suggestions forum should pop it up) I made a very similar suggestion and I agree, it's a good idea.

-Personal hygiene. Are you serious with this guys? Killing zombies all day can get you quite sweaty, which means you will start to stink, which should make this skill I kind of proposed here, http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6895-crafting-skill-books/, much less effective. Not too mention are we supposed to believe some guy can hold in a shit for days, weeks, months and years? Dunno about you but it got to take a crap daily.

This is a rather silly argument. You could argue that every single character in just about every single game ever made was holding in their shits; it's just a banal and meaningless argument. It would add nothing to the game except pointless micromanagement that would take away from what PZ is all about. I know PZ looks like The Sims, but it isn't.

-Sex. Once again this should be something you can toggle, this may not be something to add in a while but think about the ideas of starting up a family in SP or MP and protecting them until they are old enough to protect themselves, think about the feelings people would feel and the need to protect their spouse and children. If you play a guy and get a girl pregnant you would want to protect her and make sure she is healthy and safe as well as your child.

Again, it doesn't actually add anything to the spirit of what PZ is about. It would just be "a feature" that doesn't contribute to what Zomboid is. I think something that many people (not just you) don't comprehend when making suggestions (for any game, not just PZ) is that there has to be a reason to add something. You can't just add everything that there is to games. It has to do two things; it must contribute to the design of the game (aka the vision of the final product, adding to the emotions the game is intended to bring out or the story that is planned) and it must be worth the dev time to do. Sex is neither of these things, and adds in a "drama point" that we really don't want for the game, the same as zombie children. We could add it, but it would add nothing and in fact detract from the overall reception of the game.

-Zombie camo. While it's a disgusting thought, it isn't a bad one, the idea of doing ANYTHING to auric should be a key point in a zombie survival game.

Zombie camo is actually a patently stupid idea that makes no sense realistically and doesn't contribute to the style of gameplay PZ is about. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2569-disguise-as-the-undead/ You can read that thread as to why if you're curious more as to how bad of an idea it actually is. More than that, though, it's meta-gaming of the worst kind; no human being in their right mind would slather infectious zombie guts all over them. And you can say "oh but you can wear plastic and seal yourself off and…" but no. That's not really how that works, and you have no idea how the disease is spread. Further, what's the chance that you actually have all those materials to protect yourself coincidentally lying around at the same time as you just happen to need to do it?

It was a bad plot point in a well written TV show that does one of the worst jobs portraying zombie lore of all time. I wish people wouldn't.

Let's say my post was more about the content and message of that sentence than the way you worded it ;)

Fair enough mate but just trying to clean up what I was insinuating for the younger members here haha but still I'm excited about he game and even though those won't be in the core game, I'm sure there will be mods that will allow me to fulfil my sadistic nature. *staring blankly at you*

A bcycile would be great in this game, it's somehow safe because of slinceness of tool but at the same time if you hit something or if you cant dodge the zombie you will definetly paid too much because of rusty bcycile. I think it's little bit hard to put it in game because of mechanic and falling animation and other sort of thing but if you do this, that realy would great.

a tractor on the farms would be cool-but hard- aswell

• 2 weeks later...

I think something that many people (not just you) don't comprehend when making suggestions (for any game, not just PZ) is that there has to be a reason to add something.

I think I've a reason for adding personnal hygiene to the game :

The priceless situation of storming into a bathroom to point your shotgun on someone, pants down on the crappers. Tho yeah... I don't see any other reason.

Although I'd like to see "taking a shower/bath" or "cleaning yourself up" added to the game to fight the depression moodle, not as an essential daily action necessary to your survival, but really as a "plus" you can offer your character during a peaceful moment, like reading a book or drinking boose.

If a throwing mechanic ever gets implemented, it'll probably be for distractions and a bit of damage.

Like there could be some random objects you normally find in everyday life(Bricks, glass bottles, empty cans of soda, etc.) and there are a couple of zomboids blocking your way but you don't want trouble, you could pick those up and throw it somewhere(Bricks on a window, or bottles at some wall) and they'll head to that direction on where the object was thrown. You could also throw it on the zomboids/NPC's, it won't do much to the zomboids. But it could stun the NPC giving you time to react. :D