Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Want to see where this information comes from or where we've discussed it/had it confirmed/denied by the devs? Here's the references:

The Big No's, courtesy of TheRedStranger: http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8986

Ultimate Dev Quotes, courtesy of Dakcenturi: http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1865

Getting 404 errors from these.

Apparently those links are going to break on a daily basis. I'm pretty annoyed at how the old server was archived, it makes it impossible to find and impossible to link to. Sorry guys, I'll see if there's anything I can do- I might just copy the entire contents over.

By the way is there a way to see when the list was last updated if it has been? Am i missing something everyone else sees?

As long as I'm around on the forums you can reasonably assume this is up to date.

You should prob copy it over everyday then and put a date for when it is updated last everytime so people know that its up to date so they dont think it was last updated when there was a post nd then come here with their suggestions or disagreements eitherway.

You should prob copy it over everyday then and put a date for when it is updated last everytime so people know that its up to date so they dont think it was last updated when there was a post nd then come here with their suggestions or disagreements eitherway.

I'm not sure what you mean- it doesn't get updated nearly every day. It only gets updated when the devs directly comment on something, which isn't all that frequent, or when they finish adding something that's on the list. I generally mention it in the thread when I update the OP, so that's how people can see it's up to date.

Okay, my memory is prob fooling me so i some times see something that i previously thought was yes or maybe or even a no which it now isnt and since there isnt a date so im not sure but if you put up a post for everytime that works aswell now that i follow this thread but then id maybe add that if it isnt already. Sorry if it is, tired and on a bus now. xD Good job either way rath. :)

Oh on another thought, perhaps put both lists into categories so it will be easier for folks to look through? If you're not bothered i can copy it and give it a go and send it to you in a message so you can look over, maybe edit and then put out? Meaning rath by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a special zom or if it fall in with the types already in the game (Shamblers, Runners, Crawlers, and the sturdy zoms.) but what about "thankers"? Rare zombies that can do simple stuff (Open unberricaded doors and windows ect.) after seeing you do it. Mabey lead zombies around or follow you longer. Circle around behind you perhaps. Little thangs like that. I don't thank it's pushing it to thank that a very small number of zombies might still be able to form primitive thoughts. Mabey this idea was already shot down or mabey this is to close to the idea of elite zoms. If so sorry for posting pointlessly. If not I would like to hear you're thoughts.

It's an interesting idea, but the general consensus is that the zombie pathogen affects all people the same way.

The reason we have the different zombie 'types' we have are due to physical differences rather than mental ones. For example:

Crawlers might have broken legs or just have fallen over,

Faster zombies are just ones that have decomposed less.

Over all it's nifty, but I don't think it'd be right for PZ (personally, of course).

I understand and I was never a fan of elite zombies since there more for games where you have to kill hordes of zombies to complete an objective (I.E. Left 4 Dead, Dead Island) rather then this type of game where you're only objective is to survive. So one type of viruse with no mutations makes more since and is more interesting but on that same note wouldent it be possible that someone with a significantly higher then average intellagence might not fully lose there simple cognative abilities?

I understand and I was never a fan of elite zombies since there more for games where you have to kill hordes of zombies to complete an objective (I.E. Left 4 Dead, Dead Island) rather then this type of game where you're only objective is to survive. So one type of viruse with no mutations makes more since and is more interesting but on that same note wouldent it be possible that someone with a significantly higher then average intellagence might not fully lose there simple cognative abilities?

The general idea is not that high functions are muted, but that the part of the brain that governs them is completely dead- no brain activity at all (which, all things considered, is somewhat plausible). Judging based on that, it's not really a matter of levels of function left- it's simply motor control and the instinct to feed.

"The general idea is not that high functions are muted, but that the part of the brain that governs them is completely dead- no brain activity at all"

-Rathlord

(sorry I should have used the quote button but I don't become active in forums much so I'm not used to useing them. Thats how much I like this game and want it to be the best that it can be.)

Is this because the brain shut down when thay died or did the viruse kill off the cognitive part of the brain?

Is this because the brain shut down when thay died or did the viruse kill off the cognitive part of the brain?

The presumption on my part is that the brain is shut down when the human dies. An amount of time passes, and then the pathogen uses the leftover electrical gradient in the human body (there is a non-negligible amount) to jump start just the part of the brain it needs. No connections to the other parts of the brain are established.

In that case is it not possible that in rare cases that more of the brain is activated or perhaps there is no time laps in some rare cases and the victim is brought back immediatly after death allowing the brain to retain more of it's functionality then would be "Normal"? It take 3 minets for the brain to die if i'm not mistaken and surely the bio electrical field can't linger for very long in a dead body.

Read World War Z or The Zombie Survival Guide. Most of the lore is based off those books.

Mabey I'll do that. I have seen thoughs books before but never read them. Though I guess my rambling makes that apparent.

Edited by Dead Not Sleeping

In that case is it not possible that in rare cases that more of the brain is activated or perhaps there is no time laps in some rare cases and the victim is brought back immediatly after death allowing the brain to retain more of it's functionality then would be "Normal"? It take 3 minets for the brain to die if i'm not mistaken and surely the bio electrical field can't linger for very long in a dead body.

Read World War Z or The Zombie Survival Guide. Most of the lore is based off those books.

Mabey I'll do that. I have seen thoughs books before but never read them. Though I guess my rambling makes that apparent.

Nah, even if it didn't go against lore it would be a waste of dev time.

Nah, even if it went against lore it would be a waste of dev time.

I'm not sure I ubderstand what you're trying to say. It would be a wast of time even if it did not go aginst lore?

I'm not sure I ubderstand what you're trying to say. It would be a wast of time even if it did not go aginst lore?

Sorry, fixed.

Sorry, fixed.

I see......then I will not bother you further with my ideas. Carry on.

I think what he means to say is, it doesn't fit well with the tone of PZ. The devs have stated in the past that they want the game to try to emulate "proper" zombies, which in their case is a toss-up between Romero and Brooks (the author of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z [very different from the movie]). One of the things to (at least I) take from that is that the zombies have no capacity for intelligence in any form- just primal instinct. The Zombie Survival Guide gives an example where zombies would fall in a pit over and over and over again if someone was on the other side, and never go around it. There is no capacity to learn or to reason for a zombie, hence no ability to do things like use a door.

Hello people (still alive???)

My first post on this forum.
First of all, great project which could lead to a great game.
My biggest issue is not having control about water and power.
Although very realistic (most powerplants will stop working without people operating them) and no water because there is no power. Check!

2 suggestions though

One is to have some sort of powerplant and a water treatment plant on the map, both located far from urban area's, overrun by zombies.
The water treatment plant would need power to operate.
The powerplant could be a hydroplant, powered by a river.
The player should be able to learn how to operate both plants.
There should be a great distance between both plants, so players can't basecamp near them.
And/or
No valuable resources near either plant.

The powerplant can stop functioning or behave erratically because of seasonal influences.
Things can freeze up in winter. Beavers could build a dam which diverts the water. Droughts during summer.
The same can happen with watertreatment.
Just a few idea's

Shortly, if you want power/water, you need to invest in maintenance yourself.

The other, more basic suggestion is to have "unlimited water/power" in Sandbox mode (probably already been made, that suggestion)

Good luck busting bugs and making up new content.

(Just realized I should have made a new thread instead of making a suggestion in this thread...

I'm terribly sorry...)