Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

No controllable player zombies. Our characters, if they died of infection, will certainly be able to come back and eat people. They just won't be doing it on our command.

Well that's good I never had the opportunity of becoming one.

Would've sucked if I couldn't ever see it.

They don't want a cure because first of all you're playing as an average joe and not a nobel winning scientist with a laboratory. And immunity because what's the point of zombies if you can't become one of them. It curbs fun. Also the point of the game is to survive (or rather die) in a world full of zombies and not the Sims 4 zombocalypse.

I  am fairly new as well to Project Zomboid. Managed to make it 60 days before being bitten. I have skimmed through this thread, and dare ask the question. Will there be a map creation system, say for player made maps? Sorry if this is already answered.

I  am fairly new as well to Project Zomboid. Managed to make it 60 days before being bitten. I have skimmed through this thread, and dare ask the question. Will there be a map creation system, say for player made maps? Sorry if this is already answered.

Yes, the mapping tools should be released soon.

They don't want a cure because first of all you're playing as an average joe and not a nobel winning scientist with a laboratory. And immunity because what's the point of zombies if you can't become one of them. It curbs fun. Also the point of the game is to survive (or rather die) in a world full of zombies and not the Sims 4 zombocalypse.

Well, in the wiki it says that the "zombie ridden Knox Country has been quarantined by the goverment", which means there IS a possibilty that the scientists beyond the quarantin zone are working on a cure, in other means, the player must find a way to get it. There is one reason why I putted up the question, it is that I putted the cure in my suggestion list, but the list is divided into story, survival and sandbox (like the gammodes), and explaining why the cure should be in the game, not saying it MUST be, is gonna take a long time.

So by the meantime im finishing the list, I would like the dev's to reconsider it.

Well, in the wiki it says that the "zombie ridden Knox Country has been quarantined by the goverment", which means there IS a possibilty that the scientists beyond the quarantin zone are working on a cure, in other means, the player must find a way to get it. There is one reason why I putted up the question, it is that I putted the cure in my suggestion list, but the list is divided into story, survival and sandbox (like the gammodes), and explaining why the cure should be in the game, not saying it MUST be, is gonna take a long time.

So by the meantime im finishing the list, I would like the dev's to reconsider it.

Nope, goes COMPLETELY against lore. The only cure is a bullet to the head/destruction of the brain.

If its on this list, it aint gonna happen.

Don't like that? Plenty of other zombie games.

When it gets right down to it, it goes against everything Project Zomboid strives to be. It's not that a cure is inherently bad for some zombie games- especially ones with linear stories- but it is inherently bad for PZ. The whole notion of PZ is that you are going to die, no matter what. To have a cure, no matter how small a chance or after how long undermines the entire concept of the game.

So, it's not an entirely terrible idea on the whole, but if you think Zomboid is incomplete without a cure then Fj45 may be right in saying this might not be the best zombie game for you. PZ strives to be something different in a world full of zombie games with happy endings and cures.

When it gets right down to it, it goes against everything Project Zomboid strives to be. It's not that a cure is inherently bad for some zombie games- especially ones with linear stories- but it is inherently bad for PZ. The whole notion of PZ is that you are going to die, no matter what. To have a cure, no matter how small a chance or after how long undermines the entire concept of the game.

So, it's not an entirely terrible idea on the whole, but if you think Zomboid is incomplete without a cure then Fj45 may be right in saying this might not be the best zombie game for you. PZ strives to be something different in a world full of zombie games with happy endings and cures.

So the point in PZ is to show how long you can survive. I get that part, but maybe, I just noticed it, there is a diffrence between what I mean by cure and what you mean, as im saying again MAYBE.

So what I meant under the cure was something that is like the antidote in DayZ. You get sick, take a pill or something like that, and it gives you time to survive a bit more, then you have to search for it again, and again, and again until you die. This is the one I want in the story and ONLY in it, because it will give you a better chance to finish the game. However itcan be removed on higher difficulties 

But the cure for the zombie infection itself in whole(the one you meant,maybe) would be like an ending (From this there could be multiple endings).

If ANY of this is still not possible well then maybe I shouldn't be playing PZ. However it is a good game, but without the cure it is just plain hardcore, no room for mistakes, you die you start over, something that Hotline Miami has in common, but it's diffrent.

So the point in PZ is to show how long you can survive. I get that part, but maybe, I just noticed it, there is a diffrence between what I mean by cure and what you mean, as im saying again MAYBE.

So what I meant under the cure was something that is like the antidote in DayZ. You get sick, take a pill or something like that, and it gives you time to survive a bit more, then you have to search for it again, and again, and again until you die. This is the one I want in the story and ONLY in it, because it will give you a better chance to finish the game. However itcan be removed on higher difficulties 

But the cure for the zombie infection itself in whole(the one you meant,maybe) would be like an ending (From this there could be multiple endings).

If ANY of this is still not possible well then maybe I shouldn't be playing PZ. However it is a good game, but without the cure it is just plain hardcore, no room for mistakes, you die you start over, something that Hotline Miami has in common, but it's diffrent.

You can eat and eat and eat to keep your health up so you dont zombify. A medication for the status or to slow the zombification has already been discussed, maybe you want to look up that thread and discuss this there some more.

you can however disable the zombification in the sandbox if you dont want to worry about zombification, they can still kill you though. but a bite/scratch wont infect you

This is the one I want in the story and ONLY in it, because it will give you a better chance to finish the game.

There is no "finish the game" at all for Project Zomboid. Even on story/campaign mode, as far as I know it will just keep going until you die.

"Aerosol can + lighter flamethrower"

Why the fuck not? 

That weapon everyone could think of.

" Beginning the game before the infection

Playing as a zombie"

n] Real Recreational Drugs

[n] Sex

If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

Also on the flamethrower part, zombies wont panic from the pain of being on fire, so whats worse than a zombie coming at you? A burning zombie...

Perhaps making drop down's for the lists above so people can see the general ideas behind the point on the list and perhaps if they have other viable idea's they could add that in a suggestion. To give an example They want to add more weapons, but maybe someone knows of another item in the house that could be greatly used a weapon, and that items perhaps isnt on the dev minds, that doesnt mean its a bad suggestion.

Why the fuck not? 

Playing as a zombie"

[n] Sex

If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

Also on the flamethrower part, zombies wont panic from the pain of being on fire, so whats worse than a zombie coming at you? A burning zombie...

A radioactive, burning zombie clown?

Why the fuck not? 

Playing as a zombie"

[n] Sex

Hmm that gives me an idea for random events but i think that would be taking the game a tad far xD as for what happens when nuclear power stations are left unmanned for too long would they blow up and send their radioactive wastecloud into the air for all to enjoy or just sit there idly forever?

Why the fuck not? 

Playing as a zombie"

[n] Sex

Hmm that gives me an idea for random events but i think that would be taking the game a tad far xD as for what happens when nuclear power stations are left unmanned for too long would they blow up and send their radioactive wastecloud into the air for all to enjoy or just sit there idly forever?

Probably wouldn't happen, even if it got overrun so quickly that they couldn't shut it down, (if the zombies got past all the razor wire fences, armed guards and secure doors) army units would be dropped in to shut it down. Plus it would be very unlikely for it to explode even if everything did go wrong, reactors are very safe. 

I won't go through the whole lecture I did last time someone brought this up, but suffice to say cataclysmic natural disasters aside, nuclear power plants in the states are safer than living under the power lines.

Yeah i was just about to say, i think the whole world learned from chernobyl.

I won't go through the whole lecture I did last time someone brought this up, but suffice to say cataclysmic natural disasters aside, nuclear power plants in the states are safer than living under the power lines.

Yeah i was just about to say, i think the whole world learned from chernobyl.

Even way before that, the Soviet design was extremely outdated and the disaster was caused by human error.