Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Just wanted to say thanks to Rathlord for putting all this together, it should cut a huge amount of repetition down on the suggestions forum.

Also the Devs of the game are aloud to say no to certain things for whatever reason but thats not to worry about because like its been said, its a highly mod-able game so expect to see all the weird and wonderful ideas in the mods at some point :)

I just hope it doesn't end up like minecraft where the vanilla will never stop being patched and every patch breaks every mod to the point where the modders just give up because of all the work o.O HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE Devs ;)

Great game, concept and everything, but maybe it is just me but controller support is a must on MAC, don't know how it is on PC.  A mouse and keyboard are great for First Person Shooter and dungeon crawlers but for this type of game I need a controller.  Controller support is really the only thing keeping from getting down and dirty with this game.  I start playing and my hands start cramping up.  Maybe because I'm an older gamer, but if were able to use a controller that would make this game exceptionally great.  I don't mind the glitches or the graphics all I need is gameplay and this game has a ton of it.  Keep up the great work.

few things id like to see implemented in game.

ability to destroy furniture or use it as barricade and firewood.

a wagon or ability to craft one for hauling your loot back to your safe house.

ability to craft different shotgun ammunition. with the shotgun being such a versatile weapon and easily able to convert found ammunition into slugs, coins, nails, batteries, and even shoot arrows its all realistic and can be done in rl and in a survival situation . possibly ability to find reloading machines at gun store for all ammo types  craft gunpowder, get lead from old batteries and mold into slugs just throwing out some ideas so that the limited gun situation would be a bit more tolerated

top on my list would be traps . for zombies and bad npc trying to get my loot.

crushed glass to hear something coming, dig pits to catch zed or kill,

snares for hunting or zed

flashlight needs some work

ability to make homemade noise makers to attract zed to another location while you get by baking soda vinegar and bottle = noise maker

just some idea to add to already ka game

Hi! I wrote some points on your suggestions.

1. the ability to destroy furniture is already in. You can use a sledgehammer for this. The ablilty to push them around will be at some point in the future.

2. In the old version we had the infamous wheelie bin which could be pushed around and contain items. I would like to have some sort of cartwheel at some point though. Good idea.

3. I personally think if you'd take an average Joe who would try to put anything else than real ammunition in a shotgun he'd most likely just end up destroying the gun and injuring himself.

4. Again I don't think an average Joe would have the know-how to do anything with lead from batteries etc.

5.Traps have been confirmed a yes and will be implemented at some point in the future. There's a huge discussions on traps and distractions here. You can shuffle through the ideas and add your own there!

6. Flashlights will most likely change the way they are working (for the better) when the new 3D rendering system will be implemented.

7. Some sort of noise makers have been actually suggested by the devs not so long ago.

You can use the search function to try and find similar topics where you can participate in the suggesting frenzy. And if you feel your topic hasn't been discussed, feel free to make your own!

Lastly welcome to the forums. (clyde)

It's sort of like child killing, in the sense that it's just awkward.

Just do a search on the old forum for "rape," and I think you'll get a rather fine understanding of why they don't want to touch this.

On the plus, drug use is fine!

Child-killing and sex, my two favorite things in games. Time to learn how to mod more than just screwing with weapon stats.

Is it screwed up to say I wouldn't mind downloading that if you ever made it?  :cool:

Hello all, just tried the steam demo and... got it to work once and after that it went black screen, can still see the inventory and clock, but nothing else.

From what I can see so far (except for the poor optimization mentioned in the demo) it looks great.

Would really like to see some (starting) traits though. Let say you get to pick 2-3 to 'tailor' your gameplay. :)

F.ex:

Never hungry:

Takes longer to get hungry and gets fed for less food.

Brave:

Doesn't panic as quick and gets back to normal quicker.

Sprinter:

Slightly faster movement speed.

Marathon Runner:

Doesn't get fatigued as quick.

Thug:

More melee weapon damage.

Strong Back:

Higher carry limit.

Crafter:

Better quality crafting.

Stealthy:

Can get 1-2 tiles closer to zombies without getting aggro.

Scavenger:

10% chance to find an additional item when finding something.

Well, basically there's a ton of cool traits that would spice up the gameplay AND make it a lot more interesting in a multi / co-op environment, well, actually even single player.

"Hey I just found an expert farmer / crafter NPC, you're going to be my new BFF no matter if you like it or not!!" :o

Most of those traits are already in the game. The only ones that don't exist in some form or another are Crafter and Scavenger.

Also, have you posted in the Support forum and asked for help on getting the game working? I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Okay, I haven't actually gone through all the posts so I dunno if these ideas have been posted, but they weren't in the no-section so here's what immediately jumps out at me after a few tries in the game

Some way of measuring durability for weapons

The ability to repair or maintain your weapons

Some manner of aiming system. In one of the early posts I read about the game there was something about circles appearing?

Sharp weapons, or some way of sharpening normally blunt items

Some more crafting

And finally some way of improving your character's stamina. I haven't really been able to tell if this already exists or not, but some of the things you can do seem to make him or her winded incredibly quickly, even quicker than I'd get and I'm not exactly the fitness type of person.

Thanks for the post Tankred! I'd recommend taking these great ideas to their own thread, as this one is really meant to keep track of old suggestions rather than add new ones!

You can measure the durability of weapons using the little star in the equipped window, or the green line that appears below them in your inventory if you click the small white triangle next to their name

Stamina can be improved with the strong trait or over time as you remain physically active.