Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

So I thought about one very, very minor thing. I suppose it would be in some way inconvenient to add due to how the targeting system works, and just generally this is I bit dumb, but... 

What about giving a player an ability to smack,or shoot already killed zombies or players? For example a player happened to kill your buddy? You wouldn't want to smash his head to submission, or perhaps to empty an entire clip of your pistol in the head of a villain? Or perhaps you got infuriated that a zombie bit you, and you wanted to smash his head in to pulp? 

I mean, why not? :P

On 12/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, Pomken said:

So I thought about one very, very minor thing. I suppose it would be in some way inconvenient to add due to how the targeting system works, and just generally this is I bit dumb, but... 

What about giving a player an ability to smack,or shoot already killed zombies or players? For example a player happened to kill your buddy? You wouldn't want to smash his head to submission, or perhaps to empty an entire clip of your pistol in the head of a villain? Or perhaps you got infuriated that a zombie bit you, and you wanted to smash his head in to pulp? 

I mean, why not? :P

Small but actually, I love it. Maybe that new optional manual downward attack can be adapted to make this a thing, for both melee as well as firearms.

Maybe some special rare notes which we can get from killed zombies with a special channel for the radio. If we find one, we can use it using the radio and find out about the special camp of the survivors, where is etc. Of course when we find this campsite, people will be dead there by zombies, invaders or just by suicide. In singleplayer mode this thought would be an interesting thing to discover or getting some supplies.

(Sorry for my english, i know it's not good) :)

Edited by Vanoq

2 hours ago, cocoayoc said:

what does "  Sadist Movie Director aka The Governor" mean, exactly? it sounds like that means once NPCs are added, it can be like the Sims, where you watch how they live (or die) except in a zombie setting

I believe It's the part of the sandbox settings where you adjust helicopter frequency, water/electricity cutoff and things like that 🤔

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 5:36 AM, cocoayoc said:

what does "  Sadist Movie Director aka The Governor" mean, exactly? it sounds like that means once NPCs are added, it can be like the Sims, where you watch how they live (or die) except in a zombie setting

On 12/11/2020 at 8:34 AM, trombonaught said:

I believe It's the part of the sandbox settings where you adjust helicopter frequency, water/electricity cutoff and things like that 🤔

I think the term comes from Left 4 Dead, where they created a "Director" that actually was kind of a meta-AI, and what it was designed to do was 1) keep the repetitive levels feeling fresh by varying the whens-and-wheres of specials and hordes, and 2) to keep the action feeling balanced and fair. This is distinct from RNG (general term for random things, specifically means "random number generator") where completely random events can be very uneven-- e.g., horde attacks back to back, or doubling up on the same kind of special, or going the other way, no hordes for a long time and when you encounter one, you're OP and not challenged.

In PZ, I imagine they're referring to the same thing-- a meta AI that shapes the overall experience so that it feels different each playthrough (as PZ is feeling more and more roguelike), but not random. This might mean that while specific loots don't always spawn in the same place, the total number in a given might be evened out (e.g., you won't find three houses in a row with a Baretta in the dresser). It's also possible that it shapes your experience to be more story-like, where it has you go a specific amount of time before you find an upvalue or rare item-- or something you need to complete a recipe, to balance so it doesn't feel either frustrating or easy. It could also just vary the loot based on its own "pre-event" stories. Like, decide someone in one house baked a lot, so the kitchen is stocked with that kind of stuff, similarly someone might have been a nerd and have a workbench in the garage with lots of electronic parts, but which houses those might be would vary completely from playthrough-to-playthrough, and could even be decided on-the-fly (that is, as you encounter the house), based on how things are going and what you've seen so far.

Likewise, instead of encountering random zombies of varying densities just sprinkled around, they might be more concerted based on how the player is doing-- so, the Director (D) might decide that (depending upon settings) to keep you alive a little longer when you're injured, to make the zombies you encounter a little weaker and fewer in numbers, or if you're pretty well stocked, to throw a bit more at you. Similarly, it could vary the weather in a smart, real way (or they could even use the real weather in Kentucky for those dates).

The "Sadist" part of it makes me a little wary...

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I would love to see localized damages on zombies body.

Being able to aim for the limbs or the head directly with the mouse and pop it off when rolling a critical hit.

Like using a gateling in fallout 2, aiming for the eye, if anyone remember that kind of moment.

This would add so much fun to the game as well as a bit more "mechanical skills".

Also would diversify the combat that is currently a bit "repetitiv".

Of course an increasing level of gore in animations would be great as well depending on your weapon skill level.

Destroying legs on zombies hordes with a shotgun would let you escape with ease or finish them with a katana while on the ground by cutting their heads off.

I tried to search for this topic on the forum but didn't find something that talks about this, i apologize if i miss a post that was already sumitting such a feature.

For sure multiplayer is the priority right now (and i totaly agree with that) but i really would love to see this kind of feature added to this great game in the future !

Cheers to the dev teams !

Keep up the good work !

Edited by Life

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The tagline is “this is how you died.” Doesn’t really indicate a long existence.

but the gameplay ideas, (NPC management in particular) suggest that you want  long term play, it's just strange that you're trying to do both while also encouraging one side.

1 hour ago, Caturday said:

"This is how you died" includes dying of aging :P

It can certainly, but an awful lot of the fun in the game comes from the trill of getting there vs actually arriving.

Some of that is ofc down to there just not being much to do once you get past the first 8 months or so. Another part is just that you’re not supposed to get there in the first place, so the game ends up being front heavy by its nature.  (If most people don’t last two weeks, then content past that point is also invisible.)

This won’t always be the case, hopefully, but an awful lot of suggestions are about subverting the early game to make it easier to get to the … boring part (as it is currently).

Cover yourself in entails (but don’t get infected, start off 360 no scoping zombies with guns with little risk or skill, be able to treat zombie infection indefinitely … that sort of thing.

It’s not really about the long game but being unable to get there in the first place (sometimes).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PEEKING THROUGH KEYHOLES
It would be interesting and more realistic to add peeking through keyholes. You wouldn't see much but at least front of the door. I imagine it like you right-click a door and then you choose "Peek through keyhole" option.

Edited by Alnitak

• 2 months later...

1.being able to use a open backpack as the location electronics that are dismantled stored in unless they are full then they go to the floor like dismantling furniture.

X (fixed didnt know it was already) 2.eggs should go bad even if in the default container 

3.cant dismantle or pick up composter

4.more variation of zombies. fat, smaller (there are small adults), taller. 

also have your guy look fat if fat ect

X (theres a setting for this already found out about ) 5.also the deterioration of the zombies should take a bit longer

X (nasko or somebody must of seen this post :D )6.nasko should let me post memes in the discord.

ty i probably will think of more stuff

Edited by playertwo

54 minutes ago, playertwo said:

1.being able to use a open backpack as the location electronics that are dismantled stored in unless they are full then they go to the floor like dismantling furniture.

+

To disassemble the electronics, the character takes a screwdriver out of the backpack, and then does not put it back into the backpack. it would be nice to clean up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 8:40 PM, Tibila said:

- fanny pack hotkey: add some customizable hotkeys when other storage devices are worn. This could make things more manageable in distress situation when you need an emergency bandage or pill to be taken

Not axactly a hotkey for the fanny pack, but I did implement hotkeys for pain killers and beta blockers in my Eggon's Hotkeys mod if anyone is interested. 

As for bandages that's probably doable, but the question is how should it work, as bandages are applied to a particular wound. There might be many wounds. There's also the question of  disinfection if it should be auto-applied.

Edited by Eggon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm here to suggest something for the aiming skill.

Would it be possible to add a way to either paint some practice targets on walls, or have some practice targets props as a way to level up the aiming skill without having to always kill zombies with guns?

I mean, if you want to level up your aiming skill but you only have, let's say, a beretta 9M, it will be hard to level up Aiming at all, because of the fact that, well, you can't shoot the zombies at all.

Having something to practice on while leveling up your aiming skill would really help for people that, for exemple, have a house that's really far away from zombies.

Would appreciate for any kind of return from the mods !

have a great day,

Sincerely,

yours truly, Karadoc01.

1.- I suggest putting an option in sandbox settings for runner zombies to walk and then run if you get a bit closer to them, they walk towards you if they spot you and if you let them get a bit closer or if you get closer to them, they now run towards you

2.- Scenarios that requires or gives you an especific amount of points depending on the difficulty 

3.- Chances for lockers to be locked (since you can get guns easily with just a key, for example: the police stations)

4.- A new magazine that gives you the ability to open locked doors with a crowbar and the ability to lockpick lockers

Edited by Harry Smith