Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

On 25/7/2013 at 8:00 PM, Rathlord said:

[Soon]    More animations

[Soon] More Baldspot and Kate

[Soon]    More/Different sneaking animations

[Soon] NPC's (of all types, good and bad)

[Soon] NPC relationships

[Soon] NPC companions

[Soon] NPC infection

[Soon] NPC management

If i knew better i wouldnt get hype, but something is kinda fishy here.

• 6 months later...

@Rathlord I guess you could update the main list - vehicles are being added soon (actually sooner than NPCs already marked as such :P) - I'm not sure wheather Car Batteries could be marked as soon along with vehicles, too, as cars seems to be first vehicles being added?

Also, Area Maps (no location marker) are already in-game, although in IWBUMS beta and while Barricading with furniture will probably get a twist to it, the basic version is de-facto already in game, so maybe it's worth switching to "In progress" at least :)?

Out of curiosity, where does "iPods" idea came from? With the game being set in 1990's (1994 by default IIRC) and iPods coming out in 2001, it wouldn't make real sense to add them, although they mentioned adding VHS and tape recorder are already mentioned to come, plus the video game and CD-s are there, although not functional (yet). 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, zeeb said:

Looks like every big NO from the devs is a big YES from the community, talk about "out of sync".

Please name a few, since I've been unable to find any no's from the developers that the majority of the community has been screaming for.

Just now, GHawkins said:

Please name a few, since I've been unable to find any no's from the developers that the majority of the community has been screaming for.

[n] Children or babies
[n] Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)
[n] Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals
[n] Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

Well, if that's the case, I guess I am very much out of sync. As I was convinced that the majority of the community is like "Yeah fair enough" about the no to children and babies thing, because of the possible controversy surrounding it.

Also, personal hygiene, in the form of having to go to the bathroom and things like that, is something a small minority wants. There's a broader interest in things like shaving, washing blood off (see animation video),  but it's far from an outcry.

Same deal for the zombie beasts (plz no). Though not explicitly written down, the virus affects humans, not animals. That's how the lore envisions it and I don't think that a whole lot of people want to see zombified bloodhounds. Wild animals to hunt or pets to care for are a different story I believe.

The last point is the only one I can see a larger portion of people wanting, simply because it was g(l)orified in the first season of the walking dead. But that does not mean that the developers have to implement something like that, seeing as we have no explanation on why the zombies target living humans to begin with and as such, there's no guarantee that "camo" would work.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, zeeb said:

Looks like every big NO from the devs is a big YES from the community, talk about "out of sync".

What's really surprising is people who think a couple of posts represent the majority of the community. But I'm sure you, with your 20 posts on the forum, are much more in sync than the devs and people like me who've been around for 5+ years in this community.

TL;DR you are not a majority and don't speak for one. Not trying to be a dick, but you are flat out, categorically, objectively wrong.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, GHawkins said:

Well, if that's the case, I guess I am very much out of sync. As I was convinced that the majority of the community is like "Yeah fair enough" about the no to children and babies thing, because of the possible controversy surrounding it.

NMRiH devs did it about as tastefully as you can, (or as tasteful as hostile rotting children corpses in a video game can get) and there was still some controversy.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/0/558749825316322891/

I wouldn't be averse to some rare children zombies around schools or whatever, I actually think it'd enhance the game's emotional tone... Though it's understandable why the developers won't add them.

1 hour ago, Brex said:

Hey, if immunity is a no-go, why do the radio broadcasts mention it, and why is the chance of zombification from a bite only 96%?

According to the broadcasts, there are two strains of the virus.

The first one began in the quarantine area, and is transmitted through bites and scratches. The second strain apparently mutated into airborne transmission, heavily increasing infection spread across the globe.

A percentage of the population, presumably including your playable character, is immune to the airborne transmission. Despite this, bites and scratches still infect everyone.

Or at least that's what I've gathered from the broadcasts, anyway.

As for the bite chances, I suppose it's possible to get bitten without saliva entering the wound. The bite could just barely break the skin, or the corpse could be decomposed enough to not have any fluids left around the mouth. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of ideas I didn't see mentioned. 

Ham radios and US military walkies talkies having the ability to scan channels as well has being dual band, if they're newer. Perhaps even having the electrical abilities to make an antenna to give your ham radios a boost in range, or even be able to upgrade the radio instead.

Also I think VOIP working over the radio would be sick. MP radio stations!

The ability to teach your craft. Once you achieve a certain lvl in a skill, you could teach that skill to another player giving them a small boost in xp. It could be like reading, although the speed can be increased or decreased depending on if the student has fast or slow learner. The higher the lvl of the teacher maybe the extra xp can increase by X%. The student would need certain items on them to be taught and it would change depending on their current lvl. 

This could then also open up a teacher occupation, maybe only teachers can teach or maybe it's a trait.

Edit: I didn't mean to post this here.  :cry:

Edited by Jere

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

seria bueno para complementar el realismo que se quiere llevar a cabo, es el poder ir al baño o hacer pis, en cualquier parte, tener síntomas de indigestión por comer algo malo, nauseas, etc...:-D