Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

OK i can understand it but i mostly expect some powerful weapons

You're going to be disappointed, then. It's not something that the devs or the majority of the community want. You'll have to check for a mod (or make one yourself).

I've seen some people complain about the list of "No's", but keep in mind those are only developer no's. PZ's heavily moddable and the devs encourage mods a lot, so if you're bummed out that you can't smoke joints or fire named weapons in vanilla, keep in mind that modders can, will, and already have added them and other things, and will keep on adding content as we go. tl;dr just because the devs don't put something in themselves doesn't mean they'll forbid players from putting it in.

For once, Captain Brannigan says something smart. Hahaha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering if there was gonna be different kinds of infections and diseases? So far, from what I've seen, if you get an infection, its always a zombie infection. You could cut yourself on freshly broken glass and become a zombie. Or you could eat a rotten piece of fruit and become a zombie. That's kinda ridiculous, to me. I was thinking there could be different diseases and infections, in addition to several improvements on the medical system like using certain items that aren't medical in nature to treat wounds. Corn starch/meal and flour stop bleeding in real life, why not in the game? This could carry a risk of infection, of course, but again, turning into a zombie by stopping the bleeding is crazy. That's where more infection types come in. There doesn't have to be a lot, but it'd be great if it wasn't just "Infection = Zombie Virus." Maybe someone with medical training(through profession, hobby, reading books, etc) could identify the type and proper treatment for it. This has been bugging me for a long time, so I thought I'd post it.

Actually, all infections aren't zombie infections. If you get cut by something other than zombies, you can get an infection that isn't the zombie infection. All of this is already implemented. Except shoving flour into a wound. That's a disastrously bad idea. Cloth is usually pretty handy, does as good or better a job in most cases, and won't almost certainly give you a deadly blood infection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This post is really missing refferences. Some guy has written that certain posts are "Big No's" - so what? Would it really be so much work to add links to post that are relevant and would ask the possible questions?

Because there are some in the big No's I'm interested about, but apparently I'm not supposed to talk about them. Really great.

One last thing in slight relation to my previous idea comment, by the way; Project Zomboid is a hyper-realistic zombie survival sim, correct? Why can't we make stupid decisions? Like, we can't use certain things until we read books or have the training to use them, like generators, but if this game is advertising itself on its realism, then it should allow stupid, fruitless, and even deadly decisions to be made. I just feel that'd add to the realism, even though that'd probably be better fit for a mod.

One last thing in slight relation to my previous idea comment, by the way; Project Zomboid is a hyper-realistic zombie survival sim, correct? Why can't we make stupid decisions? Like, we can't use certain things until we read books or have the training to use them, like generators, but if this game is advertising itself on its realism, then it should allow stupid, fruitless, and even deadly decisions to be made. I just feel that'd add to the realism, even though that'd probably be better fit for a mod.

Can you be more specific? :) i think jumping on rooftop and bleach drinking are already an option to do fun (dwarf fortress) stuff

Some things from the Tentative Yes's  should probably be marked now :) We already have Barricading with furniture. at least for 1-tile items that are pickable and Malnutrition should be at least marked "soon" as it's in IWBUMS now. Also Sewers and basements can be marked as "Soon" as it made it's way in one of the latest Mondoids.

• 2 weeks later...

We can barricade with furniture? It's not worked for me, I thought it was for rearranging and we'd be able to move stuff without skills to barricade. I mean, I wouldn't need to be an electrician to push a fridge in front of a door, but I would need to be to hook it up do a place where there's no outlet. Hoping there's more quick ways to just "barricade door with fridge" or something. :S

On 3/16/2016 at 2:26 PM, MadDan2013 said:

We can barricade with furniture? It's not worked for me, I thought it was for rearranging and we'd be able to move stuff without skills to barricade. I mean, I wouldn't need to be an electrician to push a fridge in front of a door, but I would need to be to hook it up do a place where there's no outlet. Hoping there's more quick ways to just "barricade door with fridge" or something. :S

I tried it earlier and it failed for me. Zombies walked through the furniture and left me trapped. Bug possibly?

Been off the forms for a looong while and never managed to read this thread thoroughly enough. After glancing over Sex being denied completely I couldn't help but laugh a lot over the fact that a sex feature was requested so much that it had to actually be denied on a thread like this to stop them asking for it. Oh humans, we're fantastic aren't we?

Guess I can cross off one thing to suggest also...

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2016 at 2:36 AM, ShuiYin said:

Can you be more specific? :) i think jumping on rooftop and bleach drinking are already an option to do fun (dwarf fortress) stuff

Well, as I said in the previous comment, using flour to stop bleeding, for starters. It's been awhile since I've played, so I don't know what's been implemented that I might be able to come up with other stuff.

On 2/26/2016 at 2:06 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Because it'd clutter the UI quite a bit . . . Digging is already bad enough.

I suppose that'd be true. I hadn't thought about that ^^;

• 2 months later...

Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)  and voiceover is really need. 

Its make the game more realistic and FUN

please add.

Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)  

and washing yourself? why can't do this?really nigga.. its a zombie survival game, so u need wash yourself to don't get infections and you need do sh*t in bathroom!

On 7/10/2016 at 7:25 PM, samuk190 said:

and washing yourself? why can't do this?really nigga.. its a zombie survival game, so u need wash yourself to don't get infections and you need do sh*t in bathroom!

no point even asking about it, that is one of the Confirmed NO's that the Devs have already decided on.

On 11/07/2016 at 2:25 AM, samuk190 said:

The devs think it wouldn't be fun, or might bring unintended consequences. At the end of the day, this is still a game. The devs have to keep it fun to play.

I merged your posts, by the way.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎17 at 4:40 PM, That one guy said:

what about gloves? for security to when you pass trough a broken glass in a hurry?

Agreed those would make more sense while removing broken glass, unless you're using your weapon to do it...

That's not the only spot that can get scratch or even deep cut from passing through glass.  This would make a good suggestion along with armor to avoid being scratched/bitten by zombies.