Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

I dont suppose Snipers would be possible would they? :) :A heavy 1 shot then reload rifle, Very loud and slows characters to a walk while holding, The player can "zoom" past the area they're in to attack zombies who you wouldn't see when aiming with a pistol? 

On the note of "zooming" are binoculars possible too? They'd be great asset for any aspiring survivalist, at the expense of not being able to hold a weapon while using them the player could look at the "horizon" so to speak (eg: a couple blocks ahead)

Im new to the forums so any problems with this post please feel free to tell me :)

The basic game would be almost impossible for you to shoot something outside of the screen, and military grade sniper rifles are something that a civilian would never be able to use because of the EXTENSIVE amount of training required. There's also the fact that military grade sniper rifles are something that would be locked down hard, and a civilian would never be able to find one because of this.

I imagine hunting rifles and bolt action rifles with scopes would be possible, but then again there's the same problem of having effective ranges that exceed the length of the player's screen, pretty much meaning they'd be worthless for their intended long range purpose.

Bolt action rifles are something they once said they wanted to do I think.

Militaries don't always use super complex rifles as their sniper rifles though; the U.S. army used a lightly modified Remington 700 series for a long time, which is one of the guns I shoot on a day to day basic.

Well, it's like this.. If a movie or any other type of media has Cola in it then it's just a normal reaction, nothing out of the ordinary, but if it's Pepsi instead then people will be like OMG PRODUCT PLACEMENT

Yes indeed, that's because Pepsi is vile and no one drinks it of their own free will.

I stand as living evidence to the contrary, Rathlord. I hold the two drinks as separate and uniquely enjoyable products. Coke and Diet coke tends to have a sweeter, acidic, and more carbonated taste than Pepsi, which has a more noticeable cola flavor and tastes less carbonated. I like Coca-cola, and I also like Pepsi.

Sorry for bad english(or is it bad? =)

Couple of suggestions concerning food:
1. I question if unfresh food is as half nutritius as fresh one. Unhappiness and boredom penalty? Yes. Less nutrition? Don't think so.
2. Why soups rot in bowl and do not -- in pot?
3. I suggest possibility to pour rotten food in pots or bowls on ground. It is unpleasent to eat it for getting containers back.

Sorry for bad english(or is it bad? =)

Couple of suggestions concerning food:

1. I question if unfresh food is as half nutritius as fresh one. Unhappiness and boredom penalty? Yes. Less nutrition? Don't think so.

2. Why soups rot in bowl and do not -- in pot?

3. I suggest possibility to pour rotten food in pots or bowls on ground. It is unpleasent to eat it for getting containers back.

Hey sorry, but you should maybe try to post this a new thread.  This topic is about what stuff that have already been suggested.

1. Click on PZ suggestions.

2. Start New Topic

Aye, it might be better in its own thread. At any rate, food does indeed lose nutrition as it breaks down. The proteins in food are literally coming apart into bits (that the body can't use) as the food naturally breaks down in the air and is processed by microbes.

a silencer which you could attach to a gun?

Several problems with silencers. I'm not sure it's been either confirmed by the devs or a "no." Long story short few guns can fit silencers, they aren't that effective, they're very uncommon. So they might find their way into the game some day but I doubt it fits either list right now.

Enigma pointed out in another thread that devs said basements would be in the game one day.

Add to the list? :geek:

I'll add it to the sewers part. It's the same thing in effect.

There's a bit about it in the blogs, but I'm having trouble actually finding the spot where it was first mentioned. Searching on the old archived forums appears to be broken D=

Basically it means that if you've got yourself locked up in a nice little hidey-house and you haven't seen a survivor or zombie in days/weeks/months the game will throw something your way to actually make you play the game. I think the idea was actually around before the current meta-game system was thought up, so plans may have changed for it a bit but last I checked it was still a planned feature.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure where exactly to look but is there any plans to add what ever hiking bags you have equiped to the UI similar to how you have a weapon equipped?  Right now you can only see a bag you have equipped as a primary or secondary.  The bag equipped on your back in your inventory is only visible in your inventory iirc.

Also is there any plans to have the option to unequip items by clicking on the primary and secondary icon instead of just the inventory?

I didn't want to make a dupe thread so I figured I'd be safe and post in the sticky first.

Haven't seen any specific plans for those, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't. This thread is largely just driven from what I can glean from our friends at TIS, so if it's not on the list you likely won't get a definite answer here (as the devs don't actually check this thread).

Feel free to post a topic about anything that's not on the list!

If they're for things you specifically want added, Suggestions forum. If it's just to discuss your general outlook on the game and give more general feedback, I'd suggest the General PZ Discussion forum ( http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/17-general-pz-discussion/ ).

Let me know if you have any other questions! I also check my PM's every day, so feel free to catch me there any time as well.

I am keen to suggest for the multiplayer mode, maybe the DEVs can try something like a "last of us" game leveling:

"level of the player = the highest surviving duration" if there's any level at all to unlock stuff rather than the usual boring typical experience points. Just a suggestion to keep the game fun =)