Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really really think the devs need to reconsider the zombie camo and do a little research on the different kinds.

Also Im guessing this is commonly suggested as well but i didnt see it on the list... FORT KNOX! its just down the road from Muldraugh and I wanna try to talk my way in with who ever lives there :P

i hate that response. Yes covering yourself in zombie guts is a stupid idea however thats not the only camo. (do something more than just watch the walking dead tv show please) and you can take safety precautions to prevent infection. doctors dont perform surgery naked. they dont research diseases naked. latex exists you know. and with Romero zombies everyone's infected anyways so infection isnt even an issue.

Melee combat covers you in zombie blood and guts anyways. Getting infected from hitting a zombie in the head with a baseball bat isnt a concern at all but zombie camo = 100% infection?

Not all camo techniques use zombie parts either which translates to a 0% chance of infection. Theres a boat load of camo techniques that would have varying effects on people and zombies. Turning your house/base into a house of mirrors, for instance, is a decent one because I highly doubt a zombie could differentiate between you and your reflection.

The idea of cannibalising a zombie corpse to construct some kind of elaborate zombie bodysuit just seems beyond ridiculous to me no matter which way you slice it. What sane person would be willing to walk around with rotting flesh draped all over them? Forget infection, how would you not make yourself horribly sick doing this for a hundred other reasons? Like I said, if you want it in your game, more power to you, it could be a worthy modding project. But I'm glad it's not in mine.

i hate that response. Yes covering yourself in zombie guts is a stupid idea however thats not the only camo. (do something more than just watch the walking dead tv show please) and you can take safety precautions to prevent infection. doctors dont perform surgery naked. they dont research diseases naked. latex exists you know. and with Romero zombies everyone's infected anyways so infection isnt even an issue.

Melee combat covers you in zombie blood and guts anyways. Getting infected from hitting a zombie in the head with a baseball bat isnt a concern at all but zombie camo = 100% infection?

Not all camo techniques use zombie parts either which translates to a 0% chance of infection. Theres a boat load of camo techniques that would have varying effects on people and zombies. Turning your house/base into a house of mirrors, for instance, is a decent one because I highly doubt a zombie could differentiate between you and your reflection.

In pz lore not all are infected. And I highly doubt that's the case in Romero. Since you claim it I can't be sure, but I think there's no such thing depicted in the 2 first movies at least.

You don't have to agree with the devs (I don't always either, and that's ok), but this is their stance. They've explained it a multitude of times.

Other camo techniques aren't included in this debate. They haven't been confirmed a yes or no. The statement you're referring only constitutes smearing yourself with zombie blood and guts.

It's unlikely to be revisited if it's a clear [n] on this list, regardless of the argument. Please just consider it for a mod, rather than force the issue.  Though I understand the logic behind proposing such an idea: "If I can sneak past a zombie, why can't I conceal myself from them?"

Other camo techniques aren't included in this debate. They haven't been confirmed a yes or no. The statement you're referring only constitutes smearing yourself with zombie blood and guts.

I was unaware thats all it was referring to and I apologize. I just want to be able to reduce my visibility (as in how visible I am, not how well I can see) in vanilla.

but back to reality, dem industrial zones north of WP would make some sexy bases...

I have an idea for the jewelry found on corpse you can take a locket for example and give it to a female npc it could have a positive affect or a negative affect it depends on how much that npc likes you before you give it to her. But for the male npcs depending on their thier traits for example maybe one male in your group likes to smoke and he's out you could go out of your way on the next looting mission and try and find him some and give them to him . The reasoning of this idea is to look for new ways for improving your realatipnships with other survivors easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awwwwww! No voiceover? I'd love it if Ron Perlman were to narrate that beginning sequence!

For those of you who don't know who Ron Perlman is, here's a hint: War. War never changes.

Why not Morgan freeman. Some may ask why but i say why not!

Morgan Freeman is overused. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing! But I feel like Ron Perlman would do a better job for a zombie apocalypse game. He's already done the voiceovers for all Fallout games, and already works on The Walking Dead, so he's perfect!