Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

• 1 month later...

OMG basements and SEWERS .....yes .....SOOOO cool

the idea of a sewer/basement base as safety and having to go and hunt for food above ........were it is just INFESTED with zombies ....might just bring back the older days of hardcore day to day survival

so much potential

cant wait .

It wopuld be kind of cool, if when the add npcs, that female characters could have "sex" with another male survivor [the sex would just be the sleep screen with time fastforwarding and your character undressed when you wake up] and be able to get pregnant and have a npc baby that cries and stuff ^^, that sounds like it would be fun on MP for the roleplayers and stuff out there ^^

I laughed on most of the [n]'s good thing you don't add them.. or we'll have a zombie sims 4 simulator.. 

not saying anything is wrong with the sims it's just, sims is sims and project zomboid is well zomboid.

and spiffy.

What about a new city that has two major parts to it. The inner city is a big city style area and the outskirts is a smaller city. In the center are things like a few apartment complexes, some hotels, a few bars and clubs, also some big markets that are crawling with zombies, a car dealership,giant parking lots,police stations, fire stations, hospitable,and a junkyard. The outer city has things like small houses, a little park, a firework stand, library, farmers market, a costume store, a few smaller shops, and a few other buildings. The city also has manholes that lead down to sewers that contain a few zombies. You can exit by finding a few manholes throughout the map, some wash basins scattered around the map, or Not leave at all. The sewers may contain some poorer or mentally ill NPCs as well. The New expansion will also contain a small NPC camp in the forest that is known as camp spiffo. it will hold a few people and enough basic supplies to last the entire camp and you a good week. If you try and approach it the camp members will ask you to leave but if you don't cooperate they will fight you. That also can be a story part of Kate and Baldspot. Its like in Kate and Baldspot they have to try to survive. you can either go about living your normal life or try and join the camp. These are a few of my ideas. if you have any questions please ask. I am happy to answer. Again there are just ideas so don't start attacking me if they are not the best or what not.

-King jjwpenguin

I know but i want to further expand the idea and concept of it therefore opening new ideas about it like one may think of sewers but one may not thing of adding factories across the river only accessible by the sewers. I am trying to further expand the ideas into greater detail. This *MAY* help developers be helping think of what they want to do/not do or if they want to do it earlier/later on. I also have many ideas to share but i will bring them up when the topic shifts to that general area.

I think just saying that the next thing the developers should work on is either vehicles or more jobs and traits. I have a list ready to be read so i will just jot them down.

Jobs

1.) Chef-Gains more from cooking skill and can cook slightly faster

2.) Thief- Can lie better to NPCs and can grab things faster

3.) Paramedic-pills and bandages are slightly more effective and easier to find.

4.) Farmer-Uses less seeds and can gain farming skill faster.

5) Librarian- Will not get bored if reading a skill book or book

6) Electrician-Can tinker with electronics to get them to last a bit longer. 80% it will work 20% its busted

8.) soldier-Is more resistant to pain and gains more skill from bigger guns.

Traits

1) Childish-annoys NPCs when board.

2) Sneaky-Can sneak around quietly 

3) Deceitful-Will lie to NPCs and avoids the truth.

4) Trustworthy-Will tell the truth about every time

5) Feisty-Will be slightly resistant to pain and do more damage when hurt

6) Dreamer-Will doze off into space and lose focus of whats around him if he stands still to long. He then gets happy. If terrified right before he sleeps he will wake up from nightmares terrified and wake up anyone near him.

7) Caring- I depressed when someone dies but gain happiness from helping others

8) Heartless-Sadness and Happiness don't effect him as much but he is less likable by NPCs 

I'd like to see zombie traps.  Zombie deadfal trap. Pit traps.  Nothing too exotic.  Molitovs.  Just ways to thin the herd without hand to hand or firearms.  Yeah, I know we got the campfire trap. :)

Wild game hunting with bows.  Trap rabbits, squirrels, birds etc. with snares, cages or deadfalls.  Maybe some bear traps.

create armor to reduce zombie damage (i.e. leather jackets and pants, boots, gloves).  Helmets, riot shields, etc.

APC (just kidding).  No I'm not.  But we'd need gas and some kind of mechanic skill to drive it.  And ammo for the guns. :)

tree forts / hides.   Hides to climb and escape those pesky hordes when you don't want to lead them home.  "Don't go through that door Flyboy, you'll lead them right up the stairs! Run over to us!" - DOTD '79.

A way to put zombie guts on us / create zombies on leashes aka Walking Dead / zombie camoflauge.

NPC's shooting, looting and trying to club you to death.  Gangs of NPC either helping or hindering you. 

A pet "X" (snail, cockroach, ferret, snake, spider, lizard etc. or a pink pegasus).   Reduce boredom and increase happiness.

Radio for air strike / artillery / reinforcements (road paver).

Way to build underground bunker.  - stress from noise + restfullness + durability

Military base. - shload of zombies in there.  Super secure too (perimeter fence).  But rewards.  Huge weapon arsenal.  AP mines. Claymores.  Flamethrower, m249 SAW's, grenades.  Add vehicles to base (i.e. strykers, humvees, Bradleys, M1 Abrhams, etc.) working or needing repairs. Logistics - food, gas, clothing, body armor, night vision goggles, etc.)

Marina - with boats and a neighboring island where you can set up base. Only problems will be the npcs and zombies on it.  And initial limited resources.

Police station - same reasons.  Same impediments.

Hospital - medical supplies and zombies.

Power plant -  for scrap and possible power restoration.  Hydro plant.  Solar panels for home.  

Going to bed. Bye for now. :)

No real gun names, no zombie camo, no and i believe no military bases. Plus i dislike some of the pet ideas the APC and the air strikes. the rest is ok in my opinion. You just need to read what was approved and what is banned from suggestion forums. Either u didn't read them or don't even play project zomboid, or you know some how in some way u missed them both. Not trying to be rude but its my opinion. 

No real gun names, no zombie camo, no and i believe no military bases. Plus i dislike some of the pet ideas the APC and the air strikes. the rest is ok in my opinion. You just need to read what was approved and what is banned from suggestion forums. Either u didn't read them or don't even play project zomboid, or you know some how in some way u missed them both. Not trying to be rude but its my opinion. 

Hi King jjwpenquin.  No offense taken.  I've owned the game since it was first released.  I didn't read all of this 21 page thread since it was late at night and I wanted to get my thoughts down before I went to sleep.   Would you giving me a  link to where certain ideas were banned?  Did they put in why certain ideas were banned or was it just banned without an explanatin.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks folks!  Definitely loving this game even though it's still in alpha.  I've never seen anything quite like a game like this in terms of scope and features. I guess that's one of the reasons I had so many idea.  I feel like almost anything is possible with the engine.  Do you think some of these things can be modded into the game by players later on?  That would be great if it was possible.

I don't know if it's already planned, but i'd really like to see more interactions between survivors (multi or solo!). I imagine something based on the new medical skill, with the right click opening a box ; but with much more option :

- give something wich is in your main inventory (the others cant see what you gave),

- whispering, i think it can really be usefull,

- if you have twine or things like that ... Attach some one ! He can only run half of his abilities, and can try to free himself, a very long option with a noteworthy animation ... "Hey stranger, you already want to leave us ?"

- And the best i imagine with that system : a sort of description of the guy's life : if he is a good carpenter, you can read things like "this man seems to know how to use a hammer, and not only to blow heads off", if he killed many players "in his eyes you can't see compassion, and you know his hands already know blood", and also a description of the weight he carry : "his bag seems really empty" - "these guy seems to carry many things, maybe some supplies..." .

That's it for the moment, i hope you will find this idea as good as i hope, and i really apologize for my english : i'm one of your greatest french fan, since the vey first build (that i miss a little, thanks Bedford to heal my nostalgia !).

Long life to the developers of this just awesome game !

What if with zombies the followed a heath system too, so to speak. If you hit one enough it may lose an arm or a leg. The also they are not always hits the the head. When you hit a zombies it may be in the torso or the let or somewhere. That also means if traps are ever added they can have injuries to anticancer parts of there body already so you wont always find perfectly healthy zombies. some may have arms missing but still alive. Some may lose a leg and be a slightly faster crawler. I don't know what effects they would have but it adds a little more variation and adds a use for traps. Then one that was blown up but didn't die is still in one piece. Just an idea.

Another idea would be some more heat pumping music that gets you into action or ready to fight. Just an example would be star wars song Duel of fates. Not saying we use it. Just saying some more types of music. Or possibly an easter egg in the Kate and baldspot home there would be a Radio that is useless unless you find one of 3 tapes around the map. The tapes then would be used to play music. It would be cool if that was there. Not saying its major but adds a little bit more of a reason to explore and a fun little easter egg.

• 2 weeks later...