Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

• 2 weeks later...

Today in RingoD's stream we we're having a conversation about the helicopters and shit and Silver said something about troops coming down from the helicopter and lemmy said some about it being able to happen in the future. 

I'm pretty certain that's what he said.. 

Military aid is a definite no

I know this was a post a while ago, but what about a military sweep and clean team? Basically a military search and destroy team that goes in to hunt survivors and execute them to get rid of the governments ties to the outbreak, imagine a bunch of hitmen going in to get rid of incriminating evidence, i think that would be a interesting plot in the kate and bald spot story, maybe to introduce advanced armed combat? :P

I have some ideas when it comes to armor should the developers decide to implement it.

Kevlar Vest: rare in Police stations and few random houses (where policemen would live), protects against pistol damage from NPCs

Leather Jacket: Protects against zombie scratches and NPCs with a knife

Jean Jacket: 1/2 protection of a leather jacket

Boots: Prevents scratches from crawlers but slows character down and exhaustion from sprinting happens faster

All of these item should have limited protection and life, jackets rip, boots get holes in them, etc.

I don't know about the location where this game is set but I am from a rural area and finding an AR-22, AR-15 or a bolt action hunting rifle would not be difficult. I think more zombies should have ammo on them because they would have been defending themselves before they turned and guns (or various weapons) in various conditions could be found where there is a lot of blood maybe with a few zombie bodies laying around them because people would defend themselves as they were overrun. 

Kentucky. It's actually modelled on a real town, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muldraugh,_Kentucky

Named weapons are a definite no, extra weapons are possible, but ammo is deliberately sparse for game-balance reasons :) It may get tweaked later on

Why the no named weapons rule? Legal reasons or something? Just want to know  :geek:  :roll:

most likely because named weapons could have trademark and copyright issues to deal with, maybe even some sort of licensing agreement that would have to be made at the cost of X amount of dollars.

most likely because named weapons could have trademark and copyright issues to deal with, maybe even some sort of licensing agreement that would have to be made at the cost of X amount of dollars.

Licensing specifically. It's a ludicrous amount of money to license gun brands, there's also a whole lot of controversy surrounding the licensing of gun brands, which never helps.

Being a bit of a Prepper, I would like to see several ways to start a fire. One of the easiest ways is to:

1) Use a knife on a piece of wood to make would shavings shavings

2) Use an ax, hatchet or hammer/sledge hammer and steel wedge to split the wood into kindling.

(By the way a hatchet would be a great addition to the game as it is a single handed weapon/tool)

3) You place the shavings on the ground, then the kindling, then the log.

4) Now use a lighter, matches, or a pair of glasses to start the shavings on fire.

(Realistically there should be glasses in almost every home. Also you would need daylight of course)

That's how you start a fire with just wood. No paper or fuel needed. It is a real life skill and it takes a while to become good at it but when you do you will never be without a fire

Also one more thing. There are more then one type of fire. If you want to make a fire to keep warm and cook food but you don't want flames to attract attention you build a Datoka fire hole. look it up on google or youtube.

Eldergamer

post-16608-0-52750100-1406675941_thumb.g

Being a bit of a Prepper, I would like to see several ways to start a fire. One of the easiest ways is to:

~snip~

Eldergamer

Could you start this topic in a new thread, so it can be discussed without cluttering this one... with posts like this... talking about your post?

4) Now use a lighter, matches, or a pair of glasses to start the shavings on fire.

(Realistically there should be glasses in almost every home. Also you would need daylight of course)

Only specific types of eyeware could do this, if any (outside of reading/magnifying glasses). Everything else will just create an ineffectual shadow.

Only specific types of eyeware could do this, if any (outside of reading/magnifying glasses). Everything else will just create an ineffectual shadow.

Good point; glass by itself doesn't magnify light intensity in that way.

On the OP topic - this list really needs updating.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm seriously considering joining our wonderful Devs in this endeavor. I have no I des how to go about it though. Is there anywhere more appropriate to ask or someone I should contact specifically?

Not sure what you mean.

Care to elaborate?

Without being more specific I can't give you a definite answer, but I mentioned it to one of the devs and he told me if they were looking for help they'd probably be asking for it publicly. I'm sure they appreciate the offer, though!

Can there be an option to show what you are constantly selecting with the mouse (think of trying to build a wooden floor square with the square highlight).

This would make it easier to try and select certain tight squares like farming, trying to destroy fixtures/walls without making goofups. It would make things much more convenient.

Has this been suggested?

Can there be an option to show what you are constantly selecting with the mouse (think of trying to build a wooden floor square with the square highlight).

This would make it easier to try and select certain tight squares like farming, trying to destroy fixtures/walls without making goofups. It would make things much more convenient.

Has this been suggested?

That was the case in older versions when pointing at containers. I don't think it will make a return, but you'll never know...

There was no highlighting in the previous versions of the game that I can remember, Suomiboi, unless it's for carpentry.

It'd be pretty simple to mod, as the code already exists for sandbags. Personally, I'm not a big fan of overtly telling people what's below the mouse; I'd rather the targeting system were tweaked be a bit more accurate. But that's just me. :P