Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Game Features

*  Whisky cleans wounds

*  Crowbar/lockpick/bolt cutters automatic use when in secondary slot "To open doors locked doors"

*  Lipstick.  Can (type) 'graffiti' on stuff (A decal)

*  Gas powered electricity generators for houses"Makes noise"

This!

*SA = see above*

TEMPORARY TRAITS

STRENGTHS

• INTO POSITIVES
  • If you've chosen the "weak" trait at the start of the game, you can get it up to "feeble" by doing X melee damage in X days.
  • If you've chosen the "feeble" trait at... [sA] ... up to "strong" by... [sA].
  • etc.

• INTO NEGATIVES
  • If you've chosen the trait "strong" at the start of the game, you can downgrade it to "feeble" by not doing X melee damage in X amount of time.
  • If you've chosen the trait "feeble" ... [sA]... downgrade it to "weak" by not doing... [sA].

EATING

• If you've chosen the trait "light eater" at the start of the game, you can get it's effects halved by over-eating your character.
  • If you've chosen the trait "hearty appetite" at the start of the game, you can get it's effects halves by not eating a lot of food.

OTHERS

• If you've chosen the trait "short sighted" at the start of the game, you can get it's effects decreased by a quarter with finding an item called "broken glasses" or by a half with finding an item called "glasses". [RARE-r items - have a durability meter and can get smashed after a zombie attack to the upper parts of the body]
  • If you've chosen the trait "overweight" at the start of the game, you can get it's effects halved by sprinting X distance or starving for X amount of time. The effects of the halving will disappear after X time.

I'm sure you can get it balanced somehow by making every trait a temporary one.

NEW JOBS

• Fisherman - Pretty obvious, I guess, but it reduces the chance of the fishing rod items breaking and highers the chance of catching (good) fish.

NEW THINGS ON THE MAP!

• Scrap cars - not drivable, but useful for creating a weapon (look below) and might contain some items.

NEW WEAPONS!

• Pipe - Can be ripped off a scrapped car as a "exhaust" and then sawed into a "pipe" weapon.
  • Rifle - Most likely coming in the hunting update, but I'll add it in here.
  • Airsoft gun - Will have a orange point on the barrel (you can use a kitchen knife to remove the point, just because) and uses BB's for ammo, you can't kill a zombie with it but you can temporarily stun them or lower their viewing distance by shooting them in the eye (shooting in the head, X percent chance of hitting the eye and reducing their vision)(the BB's will be able to ricochet back to your face and maybe blind one of your eyes for X amount of time, so you can use the item "glasses" to stop it, the glasses can break into "broken glasses" though, so you won't be able to use them forever)

OTHER THINGS I CAN'T CATEGORIZE!

• New item - Vacuum cleaner - can be used to remove blood from the floor and will need at least two batteries to work, but will attract zombies.
  • New item - Coins - can be thrown somewhere to attract zombies to that location, if you want to play sneaky, but they will only work on hard surfaces like asphalt, cement, indoor floors, etc.
  • New mechanic for an old item - Empty beer and whiskey bottle - Can be used the same as coins, but will have a bigger hearing radius and work on soft surfaces.
  • New item - Watch - has no weight, but will be used to enable the time HUD after being picked up.

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes and silly suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some ideas when it comes to armor should the developers decide to implement it.

Kevlar Vest: rare in Police stations and few random houses (where policemen would live), protects against pistol damage from NPCs

Leather Jacket: Protects against zombie scratches and NPCs with a knife

Jean Jacket: 1/2 protection of a leather jacket

Boots: Prevents scratches from crawlers but slows character down and exhaustion from sprinting happens faster

All of these item should have limited protection and life, jackets rip, boots get holes in them, etc.

I don't know about the location where this game is set but I am from a rural area and finding an AR-22, AR-15 or a bolt action hunting rifle would not be difficult. I think more zombies should have ammo on them because they would have been defending themselves before they turned and guns (or various weapons) in various conditions could be found where there is a lot of blood maybe with a few zombie bodies laying around them because people would defend themselves as they were overrun. 

I have some ideas when it comes to armor should the developers decide to implement it.

Kevlar Vest: rare in Police stations and few random houses (where policemen would live), protects against pistol damage from NPCs

Leather Jacket: Protects against zombie scratches and NPCs with a knife

Jean Jacket: 1/2 protection of a leather jacket

Boots: Prevents scratches from crawlers but slows character down and exhaustion from sprinting happens faster

All of these item should have limited protection and life, jackets rip, boots get holes in them, etc.

I don't know about the location where this game is set but I am from a rural area and finding an AR-22, AR-15 or a bolt action hunting rifle would not be difficult. I think more zombies should have ammo on them because they would have been defending themselves before they turned and guns (or various weapons) in various conditions could be found where there is a lot of blood maybe with a few zombie bodies laying around them because people would defend themselves as they were overrun. 

Kentucky. It's actually modelled on a real town, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muldraugh,_Kentucky

Named weapons are a definite no, extra weapons are possible, but ammo is deliberately sparse for game-balance reasons :) It may get tweaked later on

So I know that new weapons are a confirmed yes, and armor a maybe but I was wondering if you have a list of weapons / Armor that you would like to add, it just seems that with multi player now added the ability to have weapons that have synergy would be and important add on. What I mean is something like a spear ( one of the most basic weapons man has made) would be super effective at killing zombies and much safer than a knife/bat/axe. Made even more safe if the guy in front of you had any kind of shield. Also armor that could save you from a bite or scratch would be pretty easy to find/make motor cycle gear/ sporting goods/ magazines and duck tape, leather belts stitched or tapped together ? It just seems like in a game that's so focused on being able to craft stuff to help you survive is lacking in that dept. In the real world weapons and armor would be just as high up on the list as food and water in terms of what your gonna need to make it. I hope this post doesn't rub anyone the wrong way I'm not trying to bash your game or dev skills in any way, I think this is the best zombie game ever, I'm just trying to understand what you guys are thinking a little bit better.

Moving furniture is a planned feature.

Re: Extra weapons and armor, and the lack of depth. The reason there isn't a whole lot of depth to many of the systems in the game currently is that the game is in alpha. I'm sure you're aware of this, but many people don't actually understand what that means. What it means is that stuff is added as a "proof of concept" basically, and once the devs are sure that it works, they move on to the next thing. Once we enter a beta phase, then is when you start adding depth to systems and fleshing them out more. Hope this helps clarify!

Moving furniture is a planned feature.

Re: Extra weapons and armor, and the lack of depth. The reason there isn't a whole lot of depth to many of the systems in the game currently is that the game is in alpha. I'm sure you're aware of this, but many people don't actually understand what that means. What it means is that stuff is added as a "proof of concept" basically, and once the devs are sure that it works, they move on to the next thing. Once we enter a beta phase, then is when you start adding depth to systems and fleshing them out more. Hope this helps clarify!

I does I have been following zomboid for quite a while now, I guess I wua confused by the steam updates and "betas" I was foolishly under the impression the game had moved to a beta stage. Thx Rathlord and keep up the great work the game has come a long way and gets better with every update.

I have searched to see if this was mentioned on this page before, so I apologise if I missed it. But I was talking to a few people on a multiplayer server of ways to extend the lifespan of perishable foods/crops. Maybe salting some fish would make it keep for only a couple of days, or pickling the vegetables in an empty jar of peanut butter with some vinegar of sorts. This may make fishing/farming more of a viable option for players who may have passed on it before. Again if this has been mentioned or discussed before, just ignore me. :)

My suggestion is a startup suggestion, have Npc's populate the town as normal, but z spawn in one area, be it 1, 2 or 200 depending on starting difficulty, ( let's call this the infection rate, obv 1 z is gonna infect a town slower than 200) now this is where for you devs it would be a little bit tough, if the npc's level up, how about only the ones who level up faster than the general mob survive, and it's these npc we meet in game, call it...natural selection kind of thing.

sorry if i don't make sense, i am drunk :) <3

-LET ME BUY YOU GUYS SOME PIZZA FFS!

- HAM radios, what if you added a compass and map, and a radio for survivors to broadcast?

"We are north of twiggies [in a generated camp of low fence] and will be moving to X]

Starting pre-infection is on the confirmed no's. It would take programming essentially an entirely different game just for the very start to make any sense- else the NPC's would be running around smashing windows and shooting each other for no reason at the start. Besides, that's not what the game is about =X

RAPE?!?!   lol, there are no NPC's yet, so we have a bunch of necro's in here or what?  upside is these corpses are kinky, they bite and scratch a whole bunch.

i see plenty of taboos listed, cept for cannibalism, which would be a nice addition when npcs come into being, should add some recipes for that.    redneck stew.  redneck soup.  grilled redneck.  fried redneck and so on.   

Anyways, good idea on the list.  

Been thinking for a while about tents on multiplayer. As we can't sleep in them, we can't keep out of the rain. Is there any way you could add a 'shelter' option to the tent to allow us to keep out of the rain without sleep? Just a thought as I'd travel a lot more if I could shelter from the rain on a long journey.

If it was up to one person it would be extremely different because the devs have considered some of our ideas and added others also the animation for amputation would be hand breaking due to having to add so many more animations although on the plus side it would take away some of the bones from the character animated