Sprinting OP?

TheDreaded1

38 minutes ago, Zentharius said:

I'm curious. What’s your max sprint lvl? Is it on 1x exp multiplier settings?

Max is 10, and my multiplier is 1.5 currently, but that's only how quickly I can get to 10..(I'm hosting a hardcore server and I don't want people to die before any skill progression)

18 hours ago, TheDreaded1 said:

Max is 10, and my multiplier is 1.5 currently, but that's only how quickly I can get to 10..(I'm hosting a hardcore server and I don't want people to die before any skill progression)

Wow, you have to sprint a lot Never imagined that going to 10 is possible even with x1,5

Actually I've tested adrenaline junky + agoraphobic / claustrophobic . It's just +5% speed boost.

In comparison:

Athletic (fitness +4) = +15%

Sprinting lvl 3 = +20%

Athletic + Sprinting lvl3 = +30%

Adrenaline junky (with panic state) = +5%

Fitness +2 = +0%

Fitness +3 =  +0%

Sprinting lvl10 = +40%

Fastest man on Earth (simply every bonus possible) = +50%

IMO with adrenaline junky it's the matter of how do we feel about speed rather than it's actual speed. When I was testing it, I thought "wow it is so fast!" but after seeing stopper results I was very disappointed. I did another test and the result was the same, only +5%. It's probably the heartbeat sound that makes us believe that character is running much faster, when it's not.

The numbers above are not totally accurate, I got them from running the same distance with different characters and assume  speed boost value may be different +/- 0,5%

Edited by Zentharius

IMO nerfing sprinting completely so the player can't run like an athlete unless they are at level 10 is the wrong way to go, higher levels should still be rewarding to those who reach it. Without the XP boost it's really difficult to raise it once you level up enough making 10 not feasible anyways. I think that if characters want to dedicate all of their perk points towards sprinting, they should be able to do that, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for some light tweaking.

43 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

IMO nerfing sprinting completely so the player can't run like an athlete unless they are at level 10 is the wrong way to go, higher levels should still be rewarding to those who reach it. Without the XP boost it's really difficult to raise it once you level up enough making 10 not feasible anyways. I think that if characters want to dedicate all of their perk points towards sprinting, they should be able to do that, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for some light tweaking.

I'd go so far as to nerf sprinting so that all levels cut the speed boost in half.

29 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I'd go so far as to nerf sprinting so that all levels cut the speed boost in half.

I'd say that's reasonable, as an avid MP player who doesn't focus on sprinting I have never encountered these "speed demons" except for the hacking variety in earlier builds. I'm not saying change is bad, I just haven't had that relevant of a reason to complain about it so far. If others are having problems with it, I don't see why tweaking shouldn't happen.

In mp, you simply can't escape someone with higher sprinting. You either kill them or die, and that's not very fun. That's why I think sprinting should be mainly top speed and acceleration, while Fitness covers the endurace. You can be fast, but not for long, or you could be slower but run longer. Or you can have both, but other skill progression suffers. To me, this would make it realistic and balance it more

Edited by TheDreaded1