Easy Co-op Test

EasyPickins

2 hours ago, daMastaChef said:

If I were to change the maximum allowed ping in the server settings of my current world, would it prompt me to start a new world upon booting the server back up or would it remained saved?

It won't have any effect. It just controls when people are kicked. On an admin account, you can simply use /changeoptions and /reloadoptions to have this effect be immediate, without restarting the server.

3 hours ago, jayuk83 said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to the whole creating servers lark, so my apologies if A) my question has already been answered or B) it's just pure dumb.

When I right click the game shortcut, and go to properties, there isn't a "betas" tap. Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Not sure if you can use the shortcut to effect this change: Do it through the Steam Games view. Enter the password and select the branch from the drop down list to begin downloading it. Instructions are in the first post.

On 4/20/2016 at 7:49 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Are you running any mods? Are you trying to use mouse/keyboard and controllers a the same time?

i was running ormtnmans real gunmod, alices rucksack and necroforge. However i removed all my mods and retried playing and its still not allowing me to interact with anything in my inventory. and im only using one wireless mouse as i have a laptop.

14 minutes ago, contingency said:

i was running ormtnmans real gunmod, alices rucksack and necroforge. However i removed all my mods and retried playing and its still not allowing me to interact with anything in my inventory. and im only using one wireless mouse as i have a laptop.

Manually delete and reinstall the game through Steam. The model loader is only compatible with build 33.20.

12 hours ago, BChuDOWN said:

Hello,

I am having a problem connecting to a game and also inviting a friend to a game. I am using the -onlinetest beta. I am running PZ on a mac while my friend's is a windows.

When I host a game and I try to invite in-game, my friend's username does not show up. If I try to invite through the steam chat, my friend receives the invite but is unable to join my hosted game. It gives a message "server unable to respond" or something like that. 

Is there an inherent problem between connecting a mac client with a windows client? 

Thanks for your help.

Anyone having this problem or know what the problem is?

Any help would be appreciated.

My friend only sees dark/blood splatters and UI when he spawns - I can see his character moving when he moves it but he cant see the surroundings (game world except UI). He tried to reinstall but no use. What could cause this issue?

His game apparently crashes, as he cant quit without forcing it to shut down.

Normal version works, but online test version doesn't.

Edited by Kuikka

the first release seems to work pretty well.
but after the latest update happens to me:

Initialising RakNet...
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Init
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetMaximumIncomingConnections
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetClientPort
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetOccasionalPing
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Startup
znet: OnRakPeerStartup
znet: RakNet-through-Steam mode activated
RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success)
znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_ConnectToSteamServer
Connecting,
SERVER: ping@ping
znet: P2P connection failed: 4
Failed,P2PSessionConnectFail

21 minutes ago, Sebulba said:

the first release seems to work pretty well.
but after the latest update happens to me:

Spoiler

Initialising RakNet... znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Init znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetMaximumIncomingConnections znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetClientPort znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetOccasionalPing znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Startup znet: OnRakPeerStartup znet: RakNet-through-Steam mode activated RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success) znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_ConnectToSteamServer Connecting, SERVER: ping@ping SERVER: ping@ping SERVER: ping@ping znet: P2P connection failed: 4 Failed,P2PSessionConnectFail

Error 4 is k_EP2PSessionErrorTimeout, which seems to be a common error with Steam networking (according to Google).  You can try restarting Steam, or disable your antivirus or tell your antivirus to ignore the game if possible.

3 minutes ago, makkenhoff said:

I don't suppose we can do new characters from within the server so we don't have to invite again? This works quite well as is, but I'm all for more convenience for the host. 

I'm not sure what you mean.  You invite a friend, they die, they respawn, you shouldn't need to invite them again.

the testserver saves but my custom world don't seem to save. what do i do?

edit: just tried again it saved this time but I can't click the options to delete world or player 

any ideas?

Edited by bluevast

57 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  You invite a friend, they die, they respawn, you shouldn't need to invite them again.

Well for us, during our test a few days ago, we had to throw another invite each time someone died. It would throw us back to the main menu.

Hey my project zomboid deleted all the mods i subscribed from the workshop. I am still subscribed to the mods but even if i go back to the original version of project zomboid back from the online beta the mods wont redownload! How do i fix this? My project zomboid is entirely broken after going to the online test version and i cant seem to get it to redownload my mods.

1 hour ago, bluevast said:

the testserver saves but my custom world don't seem to save. what do i do?

edit: just tried again it saved this time but I can't click the options to delete world or player 

any ideas?

The Delete World and Delete Player buttons are only available if the folders exist.  If you didn't host a game using your custom server settings, the folders won't exist so you can't delete them.

16 minutes ago, makkenhoff said:

Well for us, during our test a few days ago, we had to throw another invite each time someone died. It would throw us back to the main menu.

On Wednesday a new feature was added.  After you die, there is a button that says "NEW CHARACTER" that allows you to  create a new character without returning to the menu.

8 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

Hey my project zomboid deleted all the mods i subscribed from the workshop. I am still subscribed to the mods but even if i go back to the original version of project zomboid back from the online beta the mods wont redownload! How do i fix this? My project zomboid is entirely broken after going to the online test version and i cant seem to get it to redownload my mods.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling multiple times multiple different versions. I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to all my workshop mods. None of this seems to work.

1 minute ago, Robshaw said:

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling multiple times multiple different versions. I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to all my workshop mods. None of this seems to work.

Do you mean Workshop mods aren't displayed in the game's Mods screen?  That probably means you aren't running the Steam version.  Check if it says (Steam) next to the version number in the main menu.

8 minutes ago, BChuDOWN said:

still having problems finding servers that my friends create using onlinetest and inviting friends into games that I host. 

Is there any way to get more information on this issue to get help?

You don't "find servers" your friends create.  Your friend starts a server using the Host button, then they must use the game's own Invite Friends screen to invite you.  That displays an invitation in Steam chat.  Click the link in Steam chat to automatically join the server.

You must be logged in to Steam Friends, and your status must be "online" or your friends won't be able to invite you.

4 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Do you mean Workshop mods aren't displayed in the game's Mods screen?  That probably means you aren't running the Steam version.  Check if it says (Steam) next to the version number in the main menu.

They do not display in the games mod screen. They where deleted no longer on the computer. They can not be used in any of the fallowing versions of zomboid anymore Steam cannon, steam iwbums and steam online test. This has also afflicted Renotes (my gfs) version. When we try to host or join a game it notices the mods to not exist and will not download the mods just stay waiting FOREVER without downloading and never connect to even the server we ourselves try to host. We are most defiantly using the steam version double checked when you asked. It sucks because not only can we not host servers but we can not play iwbums or cannon solo now.

3 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

You don't "find servers" your friends create.  Your friend starts a server using the Host button, then they must use the game's own Invite Friends screen to invite you.  That displays an invitation in Steam chat.  Click the link in Steam chat to automatically join the server.

You must be logged in to Steam Friends, and your status must be "online" or your friends won't be able to invite you.

Sorry for the confusion, but we are doing exactly as you instructed. 

However when I get the invitation to join in Stream chat and click to join game, nothing happens. The same happens if I start a server and try to invite my friend through Stream chat. We are both logged in to Steam Friends and are "online" while doing this.