Easy Co-op Test

EasyPickins

2 minutes ago, BChuDOWN said:

Sorry for the confusion, but we are doing exactly as you instructed. 

However when I get the invitation to join in Stream chat and click to join game, nothing happens. The same happens if I start a server and try to invite my friend through Stream chat. We are both logged in to Steam Friends and are "online" while doing this.

This is maybe a silly question but did you try to deactivate your firewall (the windows one) ? (tell your friend to do the same)

6 minutes ago, BChuDOWN said:

However when I get the invitation to join in Stream chat and click to join game, nothing happens. The same happens if I start a server and try to invite my friend through Stream chat. We are both logged in to Steam Friends and are "online" while doing this.

Quit PZ, then have someone invite you.  Do you see a window like this pop up after you click the Invite button in Steam chat?  It might be hidden behind another window.  If so, post what it says next to the +connect line.

AllowGameLaunch.png

16 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Do you mean Workshop mods aren't displayed in the game's Mods screen?  That probably means you aren't running the Steam version.  Check if it says (Steam) next to the version number in the main menu.

Hey It seems like restarting steam fixes this problem.

8 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

They do not display in the games mod screen. They where deleted no longer on the computer. They can not be used in any of the fallowing versions of zomboid anymore Steam cannon, steam iwbums and steam online test. This has also afflicted Renotes (my gfs) version. When we try to host or join a game it notices the mods to not exist and will not download the mods just stay waiting FOREVER without downloading and never connect to even the server we ourselves try to host. We are most defiantly using the steam version double checked when you asked. It sucks because not only can we not host servers but we can not play iwbums or cannon solo now.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/1/451850468362576716/

7 minutes ago, BChuDOWN said:

Can you take a screenshot of that screen after you fail to connect?

43 minutes ago, Rockbuddy9 said:

Can't join my friends game, fails on connection.

Quit PZ, then have someone invite you.  Do you see a window like this pop up after you click the Invite button in Steam chat?  It might be hidden behind another window.  If so, post what it says next to the +connect line.

AllowGameLaunch.png

I'm interested to know what could be the difference between official build and onlinetest. We have been trying to fix my friend's "black screen with visible UI" bug that came with the onlinetest-build but no results. Compability mode, safe mode, launching from the root game folder, disable steam overlay, lower settings, delete username/zomboid files, 32 and 64 bit versions etc etc etc.

If he swaps to official build his game works (single player), but onlinetest-build produces that bug in multiplayer and singleplayer.

His specs are almost identical to mine (better CPU) so this is a puzzlement. Spent two hours today testing various fix suggestions from 2013-2016 but none helped.

I hosted and played with my bro and new easy hosting works superbly otherwise, so it's a shame that one out of three faces this annoying issue.

22 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

AllowGameLaunch.png

I tried this and this is what came out for the +connect line

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 4.12.57 PM.png

Hi there! No issues setting up the server but nobody can join, I'm inviting them via the "invite players" option, and it just gets stuck on "contacting server" for them forever.

Is there an additional step we're missing?

Attached is the above requested screenshot that others have posted: 2016-04-24_1834.png

EDIT: Problem solved, the idiots never opted into the beta like I told them

Edited by Spoonydoodle

Hey, I'm running PZ  on a Macbook Pro 2013 - Yosemite, I've never had issues with the regular version, but now when I try to fire up the online test version it crashes seconds after opening up with a black screen.

I've posted the problem report here on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/237UpcTD

Seems to have been a crash on Thread 9

Edited by zardacious
correcting some minor stuff