Easy Co-op Test

EasyPickins

Just wanna say that I got the chance to test this out with a couple friends and it all worked great :D I went through and tweaked the settings (server and sandbox) to my liking and even added a few mods to see if they would download for my friends successfully (which they did). Ultimately, I didn't have any issues :)

I will say a few things should be more clear (with things like tooltips added) in the setup menus. For example, under the "Players" tab, the "SpawnItems" box should at least have a tool tip with an example showing that you need to separate each item with a comma and no spaces (Like "Base.Pan,Base.WaterBottleEmpty,Base.Crisps,Base.Schoolbag,") as I could see most people having no clue how to use this option. The only other option that tripped me up was trying to add mods, simply because I didn't realize I needed to add the mod in the "Mods" tab as well as the "Steam Workshop" tab. I think it would be nice (if it's even possible) to have it automatically be added to the other tab when added in one. And if that can't be done it would work to just have a tooltip or something there to let you know. It should be noted that I was used to messing with the server options before, so some things that might not have tripped me up may leave someone that hasn't tweaked them before confused and unsure what to do with the box/values or what they even represent in some cases.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience and opinions on how the UI could be more user friendly :) Everything worked great though :D Thanks for being such awesome, hard working devs!

Edit: I was also wondering if it was possible for the host to play with a player name other than Admin admin. Couldn't find anything that would let me change it or use my steam name. Not a big deal but I figured I'd ask.

Edited by Kuren

Question : do you need to use '-nosteam ' or ?
 (can't try cause vacations, laptop so awfull when i start to launch a server)

Looks pretty nice done, but i did not see the 'tiredAllowed' yet, i suppose it will come soon ! keep up the good work !!

1 hour ago, francogp said:

Is the GOG version going to get an user+password instead of steam account?

GOG version will have user/password yes :) in future we may look into GOG Galaxy support but sadly the relative lack of players there means it can't be a priority at this stage of development.

I received an update patch.

Problem solved, I can normally start the server.

32bit systems should limit the maximum available memory settings (<1.5G)

Because the memory addressing limit If I set more than 32bit JAVA can allocate memory, the server will not start

JAVA 64bit does not have this problem

Edited by Sky_Orc_Mm

Have the problem. "Server has stopped during launch (NormalTermination)"

What can cause this?

coop-stderr.txt is empty.

And coop-stdout.txt is down here ↓. Thanks in advance.

coop-stdout.txt

+ Because of Double-sized textures i have 1 FPS instead 60 FPS

Edited by Triller

8 hours ago, Kuren said:

Edit: I was also wondering if it was possible for the host to play with a player name other than Admin admin. Couldn't find anything that would let me change it or use my steam name. Not a big deal but I figured I'd ask.

It should be using your Steam profile name, not 'admin'.

4 hours ago, Triller said:

Have the problem. "Server has stopped during launch (NormalTermination)"

What can cause this?

coop-stderr.txt is empty.

And coop-stdout.txt is down here ↓. Thanks in advance.

coop-stdout.txt

+ Because of Double-sized textures i have 1 FPS instead 60 FPS

I've never seen this error, I don't know yet why it wouldn't work.

znet: SteamGameServer_Init() failed

For your graphics woes, you can set "Texture compression" = Yes in the options.  If that doesn't work, set "Double-sized textures" = No.

4 hours ago, NagashUD said:

Got it ,it's "SleepAllowed" but i though it would have an other option ? or i maybe missunderstood what said EP about, like having  "SleepAllowed" and "tiredeness allowed" would have been two different things

There's actually two options related to sleep in the "Players" tab, both at the bottom of the Players tab options page. There's "SleepAllowed" and then there's "SleepNeeded" :)

I'm not sure if having the SleepNeeded box checked makes it so you can sleep (Just not at anytime like you can with SleepAllowed) or if you need SleepAllowed on as well for things to work (as I haven't taken the time to test it and I just enabled both). Hopefully they combine to give us the most options, so you can have sleep allowed anytime but no tiredness (only SleepAllowed enabled), sleep allowed anytime but with tiredness (SleepAllowed and SleepNeeded enabled) and then sleep allowed only when tired (Only SleepNeeded enabled).

14 minutes ago, Triller said:

Do the coop server need opened ports? ,i readed log and "game couldn't find open ports 16261 and 16261". And then game teminates.

I think that means another program is using port 16261.  Or you may have another PZ server running that's using that port. Change the DefaultPort port number in the server settings an try again.