Easy Co-op Test

EasyPickins

You can help test the easy host-a-game feature in Project Zomboid!

This is available on a branch called onlinetest with beta password hailkingspiffo. (Right click Project Zomboid -> Properties -> Betas tab)

Coop FAQ

Here's how it works:

• There's a new button called HOST on the main screen, click it.
  • This takes you to a new screen where you can (if you want) edit settings for the server, or just leave the defaults for a typical Survival-type experience.
  • Choose the amount of memory for the server.
  • Click the START button.  This will start the server using the settings you chose (or the default if you didn't choose any settings).
  • Once the server has finished loading, you'll automatically join the server.  There is no need to enter a username or password.  Your username is your Steam profile name.
  • Now that you're in-game, press Escape to go back to the main menu, and click the INVITE FRIENDS button.
  • Invite any of your friends that are currently online.  They will get a notification through Steam chat that they have been invited.

If you receive an invite to join a co-op server, simply click the link in Steam chat.  The game will launch if it wasn't running already.  You'll automatically join the co-op server.  There's no username or password needed.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Muffins said:

Quick question what should my friends and i do if it says server stopped during launch (NormalTermination) whenever we hit start.

There should be files called ProjectZomboid\coop-stderr.txt and ProjectZomboid\coop-stdout.txt.  Post those on pastbin.org and put the links here.  Thanks!

I cant seem to find those files in the project zomboid folder would they be located somewhere else?

edit: i just did a search of my entire computer and it cant find those .txt files so maybe my issue is that the game isnt creating them.

Edited by Mr.Muffins

3 minutes ago, Mr.Muffins said:

I cant seem to find those files in the project zomboid folder would they be located somewhere else?

edit: i just did a search of my entire computer and it cant find those .txt files so maybe my issue is that the game isnt creating them.

Ok, maybe the console.txt file has an error. (C:\Users\XXX\Zomboid\console.txt on Windows).

12 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

It looks like a bug caused by not having subscribed to any Workshop items.  Try subscribe to any Workshop item and it should work.

i just subscribed to a couple workshop items and am still getting the same error. here another pastebin link of the console file http://pastebin.com/EJT01X4M

Edited by Mr.Muffins

I can't start the server

Cmd windows

Error occurred during initialization of VM
SERVER: process-status@terminated
SERVER: info@coop mode enabled
SERVER: status@initialising

coop-stdout.txt

SVN REVISION 964
versionNumber=34.15 - COOP demo=false
invalid username given to "-adminusername"

coop-stderr.txt

No content

I try to allocate a different amount of memory, the problem is not resolved

Edited by Sky_Orc_Mm

44 minutes ago, Sky_Orc_Mm said:

I can't start the server

Error occurred during initialization of VM
SERVER: process-status@terminated
SERVER: info@coop mode enabled
SERVER: status@initialising

I try to allocate a different amount of memory, the problem is not resolved

Do you have ProjectZomboid\coop-stderr.txt or coop-stdout.txt?  They may say what the error is.

Actually, what does it say before "Error occurred during initialization of VM"?

58 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

Your error is that it couldn't allocate enough memory to the server.

My bad. Now I have a new issue. When I host a game, I don't have the option to invite friends, however whenever a friend invites me it says they are playing a different game and prompts me to accept the invite from the desktop. If I accept an invite from the desktop it takes me into the game and tells me it is "conecting to server..." forever. I have made sure we are all opted into the "onlinetest -" beta and that my game is completely up to date. 

Not sure if it helps but here's a new console.txt  http://pastebin.com/TpXrCGUN  

2 minutes ago, Bias_K said:

My bad. Now I have a new issue. When I host a game, I don't have the option to invite friends, however whenever a friend invites me it says they are playing a different game and prompts me to accept the invite from the desktop. If I accept an invite from the desktop it takes me into the game and tells me it is "conecting to server..." forever. I have made sure we are all opted into the "onlinetest -" beta and that my game is completely up to date. 

Not sure if it helps but here's a new console.txt  http://pastebin.com/TpXrCGUN  

You're not playing the Steam-enabled version, but the person inviting you is playing the Steam-enabled version.  Invites only works with the Steam-enabled version.

28 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

You're not playing the Steam-enabled version, but the person inviting you is playing the Steam-enabled version.  Invites only works with the Steam-enabled version.

Nevermind, I guess I set the launch options to -nosteam at some point for some reason and never bothered to change it. I should have checked that but it didn't even cross my mind. Sorry for the posts that were all my own issues, and thanks for the help.

Edited by Bias_K

22 minutes ago, Bias_K said:

As in one of my launch settings were wrong (didn't opt into the right beta or something like that), or I'm not playing the official Steam version? Because if it's the latter I did buy the game off the Steam store, so I'm not sure why that would be an issue. 

It said this in your console.  Did you start the game through Steam or by running a .bat file?  Make sure Steam is running before starting the game.

Loading networking libraries...
Loading RakNet32...
Loading ZNetNoSteam32...
znet: ZNet loaded
SteamUtils started without Steam

1 hour ago, EasyPickins said:

Do you have ProjectZomboid\coop-stderr.txt or coop-stdout.txt?  They may say what the error is.

Actually, what does it say before "Error occurred during initialization of VM"?

These files do not contain any useful content.

File contains the contents I have posted on the above.

18 minutes ago, Sky_Orc_Mm said:

These files do not contain any useful content.

File contains the contents I have posted on the above.

Sorry, I didn't see the edit you made.  Your Steam profile name isn't a valid whitelist/account name.  I just updated the game so it should work now.